Consumer Reports and Scientific American re: drugs that can make you dizzy

[La...]

From Consumer Reports, there's this article called "Drugs that can make you dizzy":

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2015/05/drugs-that-can-make-you-dizzy/index.htm 

And from Scientific American, there's "Dizziness Can Be a Fatal Side Effect of Many Medications":

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/dizziness-can-be-a-fatal-side-effect-of-many-medications/ 

In my case since I'm on high blood pressure drugs, which cause dizziness and excessive fog. But I have to be on them because of the terrible anxiety resulting  from the benzo. I eat well, exercise, and weigh 118 pounds and am 5'5". There's nothing I can do but control the anxiety. Unfortunately, I started drinking coffee to curb the terribly foggy brain I was getting from the bp pills, and that was a big mistake. Now my bp has skyrocketed, and I don't know when this wave will be over. What is concluded as a strategy here is for those who aren't sensitive to drugs (like NSAIDS) and aren't going through anxiety. I've been to a psychotherapist who also urged me to ask my doctor for an antidepressant.

I know these are good ideas, but they don't work for everyone.

Ah, Terry, I think it's just a very limited guideline, but it can't be personalized at all. Each situation is unique, and it sounds like you're doing the best you can in your situation. All the meds have possible side effects, as we all know. Last night, I need a NSAID for my pain, but it really revs up my tinnitus. My left ear is screaming right now! But the pain was making me wired. So, like you, I have to choose between the various evils.

Take care, Terry!  :-*

Thanks for posting these articles Lapis.  I made some copies and am sending them to my parents who take pain relievers and blood pressure drugs.

Good idea, BurnedOut! I can tell you from experience that being dizzy sucks. And it's dangerous too. If your parents are elderly, then they really need to take care when it comes to balance issues.

Thanks, Terry. It's all over the place --louder, quieter -- but the NSAIDs definitely worsen it for awhile. I'm aware that they're ototoxic, so it's par for the course.