• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ve...]

• [li...]

• [su...]

• [Me...]

I got them at walgreens for 11:99 Keryn.  I will report Sunny Days how it goes.  Linder

We have more CVS's and Rite Aids here..I'll have to look, thanks..

Keryn.

Ten months off and consistently waking up remembering dreams this week (REM sleep) :sleepy::clap:.  Wishing all the same and hope this continues on.

Best,

Vertigo (no more)

Hello all!

I'm a new member and while clicking around the forum came across this post. First, it's almost a relief to know that others are having similar issues as I am. Not that I'd wish bad mornings on anyone, mind you, but to know that others can commiserate makes me feel less isolated!

That said, I've only been on klonopin .50mg for 3 months, starting in June to mitigate an onset of anxiety and panic. The plan always was to be on it for 3 months and then begin tapering down. My doctor's plan for taper was a 50% reduction two times to ween me off and I've been doing that (taking .25mg) for a week before finding this forum and realizing that maybe it should have been slower. I'm not upping my dose from here out, but am considering cutting my orally dissolvable tabs in to halves for the next stage.

Mornings are the absolute worst. I wake up feeling anxious after having spending most of the night in lucid and bizarre dreams. Beyond the anxious feeling, I'm unmotivated and look forward to little the day has to offer, even if I know it's something fun. This goes on for several hours and then I return to a more 'normal' state of mind aside for the crazy withdrawal I've been going through after reducing my pills by 50%.

Some mornings I wake up on top of everything else feeling like my pulse is racing while today in a completely strange turn of events I woke up at 7AM feeling "all of the above", fell back asleep and woke up at 9AM feeling on top of the world. 9AM is also my normal dosing time.

Just being able to say it out loud to people who know makes me feel so much better. :)

Phil

Welcome to Benzobuddies PhilipD.  Yea, it's not uncommon for doctors to be a little hasty in their taper advice sometimes.  Have you checked out the taper section of forum to get some ideas?  The good news is that you've not been on a benzo very long, although long enough to become dependent.  Yep, you're not alone with the morning thing being rough.  Glad you posted.

Best,

Vertigo (no more)

Have you checked out the taper section of forum to get some ideas?

I certainly have! In fact I have my own taper plan up and discussed in the General Taper Plans section of the board. :)

for a little over a week i've woken up feeling normal.  prior to that, for the first 4 months after i ct, every morning i had stomach cramps and diarrhea, anxiety, shakiness, weakness and fuzzy head feeling.  in month 5 the symptoms lessened and we not every morning.

i did notice that slowly drinking a glass of gatorade in the morning helped relieve the shakiness and some of the anxiety.  also, after waking up, slowly sit up for a minute or two and then slowly stand up out of bed. 

Ten months off and consistently waking up remembering dreams this week (REM sleep) :sleepy::clap:.  Wishing all the same and hope this continues on.

Best,

Vertigo (no more)

Is this a good thing?  I have 3 - 4 dreams without fail every night,  wake up feeling great, then everything goes to hell an hour later.

Hi James.  I believe that valium and benzos are known to inhibit REM sleep, the deepest wave sleep that one can have.  In the last two years since I started the first valium pill in June 2008, I have not consistently remembered dreams upon waking, which is not to say I wasn't having any.  However, the last week and a half, the dreams have been vivid and clear which I take as a sign of healing (for me).  That being said, I've also read that folks who are taking benzos not uncommonly can have nightmares which are vivid.  I believe Professor Ashton makes some comments and explanations about this in the manual.  I'm not an expert but if you are having several dreams a night, my take on it is that it is a good thing.  Perhaps others have more input?

Leslie, glad to hear that you are waking up with fewer gastro issues.  Drinking gatorade or orange juice first thing in the morning can spike your blood sugar levels up.  I am not an expert on this.  My father in law who was a diabetic sometimes had orange juice first thing.  I try to get up slowly out of bed too.  They say heart attack is most prevalent in the mornings so I also go from prone to sitting to standing for a few seconds and then walking. Also, sometimes I begin with just a few minutes in bed breathing in and out, acceptance and meditation.

Vertigo