Word is getting out there at long last.

[...]

Actually I have a GP that withdrawal from K goes by the book ... even though he has never withdrawn someone from K.

He knows only a few WD symptoms, and the rest is 'mental' or 'psychiatric'. They are all pretty much like that over here.

Terry 38 Thank you  :)

I am also a member of Patient UK here in the UK  :thumbsup:

And I have told many people about BB and I know that some have joined and I hope that they

have found the help that I did :)

There certainly is not enough help here in the UK. and this may also apply to other countries.

Yet if I was using illegal drugs that help is there. Hopefully something will be done at long last.

When I was a patient on the psych ward. I found out that there people who had been there for

many years . We are talking about 15 years the hospital was their home.So sad it really is.

On my last admission word at got round about benzos and there were posters plastered everywhere.

About the use of benzos and that patients should only be on them short term. I shudder to think

how they dealt with this. Were the patients cold turkeyed . I do hope not but I wouldn't put it past

them.

Then of course one would have withdrawal symptoms and they would then be poly drugged with other

drugs as I was  :tickedoff:

Duckie  :)

Yes, it's all the same story: A person is prescribed benzos, symptoms start appearing that the patient and the doctor don't understand, doctor prescribes another drug, that drug may mask the symptoms but then new symptoms appear, patient is prescribed another drug for THAT symptom - on and on. I think that's the definition of insanity myself. The original problem is the benzo!!!

I'm so glad that you are very proactive and that you were able to get out of that psych ward. It's too bad people are poly drugged and have to be in there for years at a time. To think that that is their home. So sad.

It's wonderful that you got through it and you are healing!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: