Seeing the light

[Bf...]

So I haven't logged on in a while, though it's not for lack of thought about the others on this forum. It's been over a month since my last dosage of K and until now most of my posts were on the rapid detox page. I went through weeks of thinking death would be better, but now I'm happy to say that things have turned a corner. I may be premature in calling this a "success", but I can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel. Sleep has greatly improved, most muscle spasms have subsided, heartrate is returning to normal, and I can recognize that most of my symptoms are gradually getting better. The most irritating issue to linger are vocal tics, but I know that will get better eventually. I also recognize that my experience may not be typical. I started with a very high dose (6mg/day) and tapered rapidly, ending with a jump. I was also on the crap for over 10 years. The fact that I feel as good as I do feels like a small miracle. That's not to say everything is all rose-colored clouds. There are days that I hurt and some symptoms return with a vengeance. But more often than not I'm feeling better. I don't suspect that I will find myself on this site very often, but I'll try to check in from time-to-time. It was a HUGE help in the early days when I couldn't do much more than crawl out of bed.

So some words of advice for those starting this process: Eat healthy and drink lots of water. Try to rest even if you struggle with sleep. Keep your mind occupied as much as possible, even when stuck in bed (watch/listen to TV or movies, music, read, go on Benzo Buddies, talk or text people, look at pictures in a magazine, web surf, hang with your pet, play games of any type, invite people to come over even if you don't feel like it, sleep, write, draw/doodle, arts & crafts, etc.), exercise as much as possible whenever possible, stretch, take hot or cold showers (depending on what your body is craving), soak in a bath, mediate/pray, dress comfortably at all times, laugh or seek humor no matter what, surround yourself with positivity as much as possible. Your mindset is critical. If you don't believe you can recover it will make this process longer and more painful than necessary!! Patience, Patience, Patience. When you're in the middle of those very dark and painful moments please remember "this will pass". Know that. Believe that because it's true. Letting the pain and negative thoughts take over will only make things worse. And please be kind to yourself. You deserve that. Take care and know that things will get better!!  :thumbsup:

Congratulations on your amazing success!!! I am so so happy for you! Enjoy your new life free from this stuff and just live it to the max :)

Thanks for the update. We'll be seeing your success story soon right? I think you hit the nail on the head with this quote:

Your mindset is critical.

Best to you. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Quick update: First off thanks to everyone for the kind words and good thoughts!!! I'll have two months free from any and everything  (not the least of which is Benzos), and I'm happy to report that I'm feeling stronger and generally better than ever. There is absolutely life on the other side!! My best to you all and a happy Easter or Passover, or whatever you might celebrate. And if not just celebrate another day moving forward!!!  :thumbsup: