Important Survey - Please Participate ×

You know you're withdrawing from Benzos when...

[Ex...]

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ce...]

• [Ex...]

• [az...]

• [be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

As an aside, I think this philosophy intigueing:

1930s.

Inhumanism Edit

Jeffers coined the word inhumanism, the belief that mankind is too self-centered and too indifferent to the "astonishing beauty of things." In the famous poem "Carmel Point," Jeffers called on humans to "uncenter" themselves.[2] In "The Double Axe," Jeffers explicitly described inhumanism as "a shifting of emphasis and significance from man to notman; the rejection of human solipsism and recognition of the trans-human magnificence. ... This manner of thought and feeling is neither misanthropic nor pessimist. ... It offers a reasonable detachment as rule of conduct, instead of love, hate and envy ... it provides magnificence for the religious instinct, and satisfies our need to admire greatness and rejoice in beauty."[3]

In The Loyalties of Robinson Jeffers,the first in-depth study of Jeffers not written by one of his circle, poet and critic J. Radcliffe Squires addresses the question of a reconciliation of the beauty of the world and potential beauty in mankind: “Jeffers has asked us to look squarely at the universe. He has told us that materialism has its message, its relevance, and its solace. These are different from the message, relevance, and solace of humanism. Humanism teaches us best why we suffer, but materialism teaches us how to suffer.” [4]

When I wonder why my neighbor, 85, is playing "Rocking all over the world/Status Quo" for 4-5 hours.

I do think that this is actually questionable behavior.  :laugh: :laugh:

You know your withdrawing from benzos when you cant drop or pick your kids up from school because your so sick and dizzy and just getting out of bed is a chore....

Or

You know your in benzo withdrawal when you open the fridge or pantry because your actually hungry and then close it because your scared of what could happen when you accidentally eat the “wrong” thing!

You stay in bed all day and gain weight.  Then you wonder where that very pretty woman went.  Still cute, but, Rrrr.  Is that a double chin?  Nooooooo. 

When your husband calls you tod say he's coming home and can't wait to see you, and you hope your mood doesn't crash before he gets there, just really wanting to have one good evening with him instead of sobbing on his shoulder.

I had thought that my 85-year-old neighbor had played Status Quo for several hours. When I met her in the stairwell I said that we had the same music taste, "Pour some sugar on me/Def Leppard" (between 23:00 - 04:00). But her body language spoke that it was NOT her who had been playing. Later I realized that the music came from my pillow.

I feel my heart beating hard in my chest but my heart rate is low. I finally quit checking it tho.  Now I don't allow myself to take it ........an accomplishment, I was taking it 15 times a day  :)

I feel my heart beating hard in my chest but my heart rate is low. I finally quit checking it tho.  Now I don't allow myself to take it ........an accomplishment, I was taking it 15 times a day  :)

I started taking it as a sign that Im still alive.  It helps.

Ch33kyKK, I was becoming obsessive about it.  Now I just take 5 or 6 deep slow breaths and leave it up to the universe :)

Ch33kyKK, I was becoming obsessive about it.  Now I just take 5 or 6 deep slow breaths and leave it up to the universe :)

I've become obsessive about this whole damn process!  Mybhusband just boight me 3 books on overcoming fear, I think he's trying to keep my mind occupied in a healthier way than googling symptoms or checking BB every 5 minutes. 

I've become obsessive about this whole damn process!  Mybhusband just boight me 3 books on overcoming fear, I think he's trying to keep my mind occupied in a healthier way than googling symptoms or checking BB every 5 minutes.

stop searching in the internet, it helped me a lot! But staying here helped me

Ch33kyKK. I'm on bb all the time too, looking fir anything that might help my back.  Since I started titrating a little over 2 weeks ago, my other symptoms are not nearly as bad as they were...just my back and neck.  I am titrating xanax first, then will hold a month and start on the 15 mg of valium.  It will take awhile but I would rather not be so sick all the time.  I follow your posts and wish I could help.  I'm not a religious person but I do believe in a higher power and try to be grateful for the good in my life everyday.  Even when we feel like complete hell, there is good.  You have a husband that went out to buy you books, and I've read all the other things he does to show his love.  Marianne Williamson says "fear is the opposite of love".  U have lots of love and goodness in your life.  I would recommend u read "A Return to Love".  It's mine and Oprah's fav book.  I don't mean to sound like I am lecturing you at all.  I just want u to feel better. :smitten:

Ch33kyKK. I'm on bb all the time too, looking fir anything that might help my back.  Since I started titrating a little over 2 weeks ago, my other symptoms are not nearly as bad as they were...just my back and neck.  I am titrating xanax first, then will hold a month and start on the 15 mg of valium.  It will take awhile but I would rather not be so sick all the time.  I follow your posts and wish I could help.  I'm not a religious person but I do believe in a higher power and try to be grateful for the good in my life everyday.  Even when we feel like complete hell, there is good.  You have a husband that went out to buy you books, and I've read all the other things he does to show his love.  Marianne Williamson says "fear is the opposite of love".  U have lots of love and goodness in your life.  I would recommend u read "A Return to Love".  It's mine and Oprah's fav book.  I don't mean to sound like I am lecturing you at all.  I just want u to feel better. :smitten:

Thank you, Mary...you brought tears to my eyes.  There are so many wonderfully caring peiple on this site.  I'm not really religious either, but I'm reading a book my husband bought called "Overcoming Fear, Worry, and Anxiety" and it is geared toward getting back to God and letting him ease your mind.  It's a little heavy for me, but I've certainly been praying more throughout all of this.  I'm humbled knowing that you're following my posts, Mary.  I'll pray for your healing as well.  💕💕

Oh, and I'll buy that book next.  Thank you for the suggestion.  I know how lucky I am to have my husband in my life.  We both come from bad 1st marriages, and know that God brought us together for a reason, and it wasn't for me to fall apart. 

Btw Mary, you mentioned your back...is it from the benzo or some other injury/medical reason??  I have to tell you, my back is always tense, was even before the benzo.  I started doing yoga before I started my taper, and it has worked WONDERS!  I still get tense, but one class loosens it right up. 

Ch33kyKK, about a month before I decided to get off xanax, I rescued my neighbors dog, who go out when they weren't home.  He's like a 120 in dog years, can hardly see , half blind, and doesn't want u to touch him.  So I ended up hurting my back by the time I got the little devil back in their gate and found enough rocks to block the gap.  It was getting better , and then the last try cut brought all the original pain back.  I thought about yoga, but am am so tight and in so much pain, thinking about trying scares me.  I do have a heal your back DVD on the way and I am going to make an appt for a massage, and if it doesn't start easing up, I am going to an osteopath.  Really, other than my back, I have felt like a human since I started titrating.

I have a great husband too.  He makes such a difference in my life (he's my second, I'm his first).  We are lucky women.  Hope u wake up feeling good or even just okay, okay relates to great in our w/d world right now.  :smitten:

When living each day as if it were your last becomes a potential reality

Love this.. it's sooooo me too !  Never mind the mindfulness, living in the present. Living life vividly ! Lol..

• 2 weeks later...
Yesterday I promised to go to friends on Easter eve. They would pick me up, so that would be fine. What did I think of?  Today, I can hardly go to the bathroom. Still not wearing me, and is covered in a bed sheet. In the mirror I see a monster, the hair is a big ruffy ball, and the glasses are completely wrong. I mumble something less beautiful, and slowly goes back to the couch. Yesterday I must have been crazy......

Translator,the drugs'wake is making you look unkindly upon yourself.Perhaps your friends can visit with you.Request that they bring goodies that will make you feel better.