Important Survey - Please Participate ×

You know you're withdrawing from Benzos when...

[Ex...]

You are up all night, throw up, but then go to work anyway.

Because that seems to be the story of my life the last two weeks.

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ce...]

• [Ex...]

• [az...]

• [be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

You are up all night, throw up, but then go to work anyway.

Because that seems to be the story of my life the last two weeks.

I'm so NJ, that has got to be so hard.  You really r strong foe doing it.  I hope you feel better soon. :smitten:

When you’ve read every MS and ALS story online.... and you see yourself in any other disease then withdrawal.

When, the bell on the door, is removed, because it´s so scary. Even where you can see, the person who is outside. Maybe aliens, or walking dead? (otherwise I like them, but not now!) Also, wanted to put the sheets for my windows. Why, so much fear?

When, the bell on the door, is removed, because it´s so scary. Even where you can see, the person who is outside. Maybe aliens, or walking dead? (otherwise I like them, but not now!) Also, wanted to put the sheets for my windows. Why, so much fear?

I'm so sorry you are in a bad place.  I hope u feel better soon. :therethere: :therethere:

You know you are withdrawing from benzos when....

When your doctor writes a prescription and the first thing out of your mouth is, "Is there a withdrawal"? 

When the doctor says no, the first thing you do when you get home is look up the medication on the internet (If you don't already do it AT the doctor on your phone)

LOL  :idiot:

When you feel like you're on a ship at sea, floating on the waves, and you aren't alarmed by the sensation  any more...

When your husband says, "Hey," while your playing a game on your phone and it startles you so much that you scream!

When you try pressing on your face to see if you can stop the tingling sensation...

;)

You know you are withdrawing from benzos when....

When your doctor writes a prescription and the first thing out of your mouth is, "Is there a withdrawal"? 

When the doctor says no, the first thing you do when you get home is look up the medication on the internet (If you don't already do it AT the doctor on your phone)

LOL  :idiot:

When you feel like you're on a ship at sea, floating on the waves, and you aren't alarmed by the sensation  any more...

When your husband says, "Hey," while your playing a game on your phone and it startles you so much that you scream!

When you try pressing on your face to see if you can stop the tingling sensation...

;)

Yes to all those things!

I'm sitting on the couch, with a blanket over me. Here is heat- wave, and everyone complains about the heat. But I'm freezing, and I'm fully dressed. The world is really upsidedown! :)

When you buy an electric handwarmer on Amazon -yes, such a thing exists-so u can heat yourself up anywhere and u don’t care that it’s baby pink and looks suspiciously like a vibrator.

When you buy an electric handwarmer on Amazon -yes, such a thing exists-so u can heat yourself up anywhere and u don’t care that it’s baby pink and looks suspiciously like a vibrator.

Lol, lol

Today, I've fixed my hairballs. In some places, I had to use the scissors. I'm lucky, I have a lot of hair, otherwise I wouldn´t have any hair left. Never ever, I thought it would be like this. It has been difficult, to lift my arms because of weakness. Now it´s clear. What a success! :)

Today, I've fixed my hairballs. In some places, I had to use the scissors. I'm lucky, I have a lot of hair, otherwise I wouldn´t have any hair left. Never ever, I thought it would be like this. It has been difficult, to lift my arms because of weakness. Now it´s clear. What a success! :)

Good for you T100.  Getting your hair in better shape always makes u feel so much better  :smitten:

Mary: Now, I'm a little older, so I look forward to challenges. I want to do things, I previously didn´t dare. So, I start with this hairstyle. Why not do the same? :)

Mary: Now, I'm a little older, so I look forward to challenges. I want to do things, I previously didn´t dare. So, I start with this hairstyle. Why not do the same? :)

I just did my roots a couple weeks ago, so mine is looking pretty decent right now.  It won't be long til I need a couple inches cut off though  ;)

When you finally try coffee again, it doesn’t send you into symptom orbit, and it equals winning the lottery.

When a song you haven’t heard in ten years pops into your head and your mind replays it nonstop.

When you ask your PCP “Could this be withdrawal?” And she says “No, you didn’t take it long enough, something else must be going on.” You immediately think you have a rare and dire disease, because after all she is your Dr. BUT in the back of your mind you’re thinking...wait a minute, she’s the idiot that gave me the K poison to begin with, and didn’t tell me I had to taper to quit it.

When you wake up and play the spin the symptom wheel game. Which one(s) will I have today? Yesterday I awoke with excruciating pain in my left toe...gone today, but moved to my right pinky...go figure.

When you’re afraid of a window, because you think a bad wave will be right around the corner

When you check in here and gain comfort knowing you’re not alone. There are people here that get you and know and understand what you’re going through.

When in the middle of a horrible day, a sense of humor can help you cope.

Today marks five months of my C/T off Klonopin.  It’s been a rough road. But if there’s anything positive I can say about this journey, is that it has made me very humble and grateful for all the small things in life that I took for granted...like a cup of coffee. I’m healing, and my prayers and wishes are for healing for all here, too.  Please don’t give up, hang in there, and you’ll have that “cup of coffee” again!

It was a tiny cup...no cream or sugar like before. I’m still scared of dairy and sugar. So it didn’t taste all that great, but just attempting to try it was a milestone for me. Especially when I really didn’t feel any bad effects.

On another note, it seems the symptom wheel landed on my OCD today. I have to count how many times I chew my food before I swallow. Nothing surprises me anymore.  :o