• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [On...]

• [Cr...]

• [ly...]

• [jr...]

Just a gentle reminder that this is not a race to get off. But rather a taper with the least amount of sxs till we reach zero. How I wish I had known this when I started my taper.

Hey peeps

Right now I messed up I don't know what to do

I am a 3 mg of k

From 6 mg of Xanax

Did this in 2 months but NOW I was supposed to reduce by .5 a few days ago but I feel STUCK

Like i can't go through any more of this ......

The sxs are just too much for me

Constant sweating

Stomach cramps and upset

Muscle aches

Headaches

Weak , dizzy

Nausea

Why is this happening if I'm still taking it

And what do I do about being stuck

Any advice

I would hold right here if it were me.  I'd wait until I was feeling much better before I tapered further and then I would slow it down to a more comfortable taper.  No need to torture yourself.

I would hold right here if it were me.  I'd wait until I was feeling much better before I tapered further and then I would slow it down to a more comfortable taper.  No need to torture yourself.

Lynn is right. Holding for awhile until your symptoms ease off. I would go on to say that if you did not feel any relief in a week, I would do a slight updose.

Thanks for the advice on holding ..I will for just a lil longer

But what I'm trying to fi cure out now is

Now -1 mg at 8am

1.    At. 3

1.    At.  8 pm

So how am I now supposed to cut?

Do I do it spread out ? And how?

Or just at one dose?

Any suggestions

Thanks for the advice on holding ..I will for just a lil longer

But what I'm trying to fi cure out now is

Now -1 mg at 8am

1.    At. 3

1.    At.  8 pm

So how am I now supposed to cut?

Do I do it spread out ? And how?

Or just at one dose?

Any suggestions

Take half your dose dry(1.5mg ) and the other half wet by dissolving  1.5mgK with 3ml 80 proof vodka and 97ml water. that will give you a solution that is .015mgK/ml. divide it into 3 equal doses. you can just eyeball this as you will take all the liquid anyways. wnen you are ready to cut remove .1ml from each dose and discard it. the second day remove .2ml. that will reduce you about 9% a month. you may be able to go faster.

Help ....

Ok so.....

Sorry but can you break that down

I have the 1 mg pills. I should be to 2 or 2.5 mgs in exactly two weeks

I was letting my body get used to 1 mg 3xaday

How do I take 1.5 mg in 3 doses and the rest in liquid?

I need to start lowering asap and am confused?

Help ....

Ok so.....

Sorry but can you break that down

I have the 1 mg pills. I should be to 2 or 2.5 mgs in exactly two weeks

I was letting my body get used to 1 mg 3xaday

How do I take 1.5 mg in 3 doses and the rest in liquid?

I need to start lowering asap and am confused?

if you are currently taking 3mg per day and cut to 2mg in two weeks, that is a 33% cut. I dont think you are gonna like that. cut your 1mg pills in half to make up your dry/ wet doses.should be a score line on them

No there is no score or line on these ones

So if I eyed it and took .5  3xaday

How do I at least lower by half a mg in 2 weeks

So I will be at 2.5 in two weeks?

No there is no score or line on these ones

So if I eyed it and took .5  3xaday

How do I at least lower by half a mg in 2 weeks

So I will be at 2.5 in two weeks?

Liquify all your dose. 3mg in 6ml of 80 proof vodka and add 294 ml h2o for a solution of .01mg/ml. divide it into 3 doses of 100ml per dose. take it this way for about a week to get used to it. then you can cut.33ml from each dose per day and in 1 month that will be a 10% cut to 2.7mg

Onedge,  how are you feeling?  Have the wd sxs calmed down to a fairly comfortable level?  Is there a reason that you have/want to cut .5mg or 1mg every 2 wks - other than the fact that we all want to be off as soon as possible?  As mentioned by others, this is pretty aggressive.  Only you know how bad the wd is and how much you can take and be functional.

If you are intent on aggressive cuts and can handle them (not withstanding how this may affect you a little bit down the road) - no one knows as it's an individual thing but cuts tend to catch up with you later.  My aggressive cuts earlier this year did eventually cause me problems and that is half the reason that I am holding now.  I would have held for a couple of months after my Feb 27 cut due to extended wd caused by those rapid 6 wks of taper.  I felt the need to allow my brain to catch up.  After a couple of months I decided to hold for the summer for personal reasons.

I didn't want to bother with the liquid until I got lower.  When I resume it's going to be liquid micro taper as I believe this is gentler on the brain.  Cut and hold is much more of a shock to the CNS but I could handle it a higher doses.  Knowing what I know now, I would have gone slower but still gone with cut and hold until the lower doses.

I mentioned before that you should get the ,5mg and .25mg pills from your pdoc rather than try to cut 1mg pills which it far more difficult to get accurate doses.  I was able to do 3x/day dosing pretty easily as Xanax tends to last 6-8hrs.  I am going to 2x/day dosing at this point as I have zero dose-end wd.

If you can handle the larger cuts, I would cut your afternoon dose by one half (.5mg) but you might find this intolerable and you should listen to your body.  A safer cut would be .25mg on the afternoon dose - but only you can decide.  You seem to be able to handle a long amount of time between your evening and morning doses so cutting the afternoon dose may be the most tolerable.

I found the liquid too much trouble at the higher dose when reasonable cuts can be made based on a higher current dose - cut and hold gets much tougher when you get lower.  I know that many have had a lot of success on the micro tapers all the way down and I probably would have benefitted greatly by using that method.  Laziness prevailed for me.

Do what you must but if that proves to cause intolerable wd you should reconsider.  You should probably do .25 or even .125 if things are bad.  Again, only you can judge and decide.  But it does seem that the afternoon dose would be the place to start.  Based on your description of wd I would go with .25 cuts to the afternoon dose and hold for 2wks - and see how it goes.

I'm am in no way an expert on this and am only relaying this based on my own experience.  Updating your signature would be a help to those trying to judge where you are.