the weight gain group/too fat

[Sa...]

Sigh. i'm gaining weight again.  :-\. I try to go just one day eating less carby, cheesy stuff and substituting veggies and I just wind up feeling ravenous and panicky and can't calm down unless I have a carby, cheesy meal. Some people on this forum feel lousy if they eat stuff like pizza, but I feel weak and lousy when I try to eat healthier. So frustrating.

I'm sorry Grapejuice! Everything about this process is super frustrating. When I'm in the kitchen I stare suspiciously at everything wondering what might be hidden in it that could cause an uptick in symptoms. Even the carby cheesy stuff doesn't fill me up. I've resigned myself to always feeling hungry. I know a lot of other people are swearing by elimination diets but they don't seem to be suffering any less. I believe eating a variety of healthy things is best for the body. I'm trying to have faith that as I heal my metabolism will find balance again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sa...]

• [Re...]

• [Gr...]

• [Gr...]

I gained around 30 pounds on Xanax.  Maybe another five in the early months near the end of my taper and for awhile afterwards, due to laying around doing nothing but moaning in misery.  I'm finally now dealing with it... have been on a protein powder shake regime for almost three months now.  The weight is not coming off easily or quickly, but I'm down about 15 pounds in three months.  At barely 5' tall, I just can't carry that kind of extra weight.

Already I notice it's so much easier to walk. 

I'm sorry it got you too Challis. I'm still mostly in the moaning in bed phase. I feel I need to prepare myself for another epic battle with weight loss after this passes. I'm worried all the meds have permanently ruined my metabolism.

I'm switching diets. I've been a bad vegan, and an almost vegetarian for almost a year now.  I lost about 4 pounds, and then my weight basically stabilized again and hasn't budged.  I was trying to do this whole food plant based diet, but really we just ate vegetables and pasta for most meals.  So I'm throwing that out and going back to meat, and onto low-carb.  I'll let you guys know if this helps. I think it might. 

I hope it works out for you GreenCup!

Me too.  It's crazy as I'm reading this book saying how "it's the only way people lose weight, to cut carbs" when just last year I read the same thing about eating meat.  Can't trust any of these studies.

Zoloft did it to me. It also happened to be the only AD that kinda-sorta helped...I think?

Anyway, the three times I was on it I ballooned by 30+ pounds. Had the munchies all the time.

Then there was Remeron which I tried for sleep. Took just one and I became ravenous, for junk food of course. Went through a whole can of Pringles in one sitting.

When I need to lose weight I just count calories. No books or complicated diet plans with charts and spreadsheets. Over complicating it is often a setup for failure. I'd eat anything, but keep my daily calorie intake under 1000. Works for me anyway.

Best of luck!

This site should demystify things for you, Red.  :)

https://www.fatsecret.com

But while we can count calories, did you know that "The awesomeness of sour cream, onion and potato together can't be measured by modern science!".

From the Pringles website. lol

Hahahaaaa I love the name of the website! Like it contains all the secrets to living a FAT life! I have a feeling I should avoid the pringles website... we have waaaay too much in common lol.

It was convenient when I lived in Japan too because they list the calories of every menu item at restaurants. So no worries eating out. They think of everything over there. Truly the convenience capital of the world.

You have the key now, Red! Unlock the secret to weight loss success!

It was convenient when I lived in Japan too because they list the calories of every menu item at restaurants. So no worries eating out. They think of everything over there. Truly the convenience capital of the world.

You have the key now, Red! Unlock the secret to weight loss success!

Brilliant! I wonder how that would go over in the US...

LMAO! How do you even eat that delicious monstrosity?!

So I looked through the raw data of my genetic results and I do in fact have the cilantro gene. The raw data is actually the majority of the results... all the stuff they didn't give explanations for in the summary they email you. Not that I needed this to KNOW my cilantro aversion is REAL!

Yesterday was a sort of success.  I kept my carbs under 50g and kept within my allotted calories (I'm using myfitnesspal for calorie tracking) and also ate two donuts.  Yep, two donuts have 38g of carbs in them, which is less than a slice of bread.  Okay, it's not great, but you know, diets during drug withdrawal ain't easy. 

Yesterday was a sort of success.  I kept my carbs under 50g and kept within my allotted calories (I'm using myfitnesspal for calorie tracking) and also ate two donuts.  Yep, two donuts have 38g of carbs in them, which is less than a slice of bread.  Okay, it's not great, but you know, diets during drug withdrawal ain't easy.

:smitten:

• 1 month later...
35 months my belly istoday smaller but weight is still a problem :/....i amnot weighting myself but havethe impression i have lost weight....how are u guys?

Alright, so I think I'm kind of having a small success here.  It's been a month and I've been trying to do a low carb diet, and I'm really bad at it and cheat a lot, however, I have lost two pounds since last month.  It's a really tiny bit, but it is something.  I basically try not to eat pasta and rice, and have been limiting my bread to two slices a day, and mostly staying away from sugar. 

congratulation greencup...I have cut out all the carbs from the beginning...but did not help..maybe your metabolism changed again? Do you feel somehow different? Better??