Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

I heard from "Be good" (who knows a lot) that when you get low on Valium, you need to stick to no more than 5 percent reduction per month.  Of course, that falls apart when you do get very, very low.

I think someone must have meant being very, very low--when you can't too easily look at percentage reductions. 

But at your level, you can.

This may be appropriate for some but everyone is different in terms of what taper rate they can handle. 5% per month at 2mg V or even 1mg V would really drag things out imho. If that’s what one needs to feel good, then fine but this is an extremely slow rate.  Magnolis, since you’re doing fine, I think continuing at your current rate would work and continue to pay attention to your body. If sxs increase, then consider slowing. Otherwise, if you feel ok, keep going. No one knows  exactly when percentages don’t matter but everyone seems to have a different opinion on this. Just bc someone has a strong and very vocal opinion doesn’t mean they are working from some hidden information you don’t already know. You have done a very mindful and careful taper- you know what you’re doing! Have confidence!  I say, just keep going at this rate that’s keeping you comfortable and let YOUR body tell you if you need to go slower at some point or not. You’ll know. You’ve got this!

I am on Day 6 of  DLMT at a 10% rate every 2 weeks.  I hope to keep at the % .  Today is 1.44 mg.  Thank you for starting this post!  Hi everyone!

I am on Day 6 of  DLMT at a 10% rate every 2 weeks.  I hope to keep at the % .  Today is 1.44 mg.  Thank you for starting this post!  Hi everyone!

Hey Blacklablady, I am not a member of the thread, I wish, not low enough, but I do read it.  Just imo, for as low as you are, 10% every two weeks, seems very fast to me.  You are so close, really, I would slow that down, so you have a good chance of coming off in good shape.  Just a suggestion  :)

Mary

Thanks Libr!  I’m so happy for you! You are so close!!

Thanks Magnolis- yes I’m at about 0.1 mg V equiv. Can you believe we are actually doing this and getting there??  I appreciate all the help you gave me early on!  So happy to hear you’re feeling well.

I heard from "Be good" (who knows a lot) that when you get low on Valium, you need to stick to no more than 5 percent reduction per month.  Of course, that falls apart when you do get very, very low.

I think someone must have meant being very, very low--when you can't too easily look at percentage reductions. 

But at your level, you can.

This may be appropriate for some but everyone is different in terms of what taper rate they can handle. 5% per month at 2mg V or even 1mg V would really drag things out imho. If that’s what one needs to feel good, then fine but this is an extremely slow rate.  Magnolis, since you’re doing fine, I think continuing at your current rate would work and continue to pay attention to your body. If sxs increase, then consider slowing. Otherwise, if you feel ok, keep going. No one exactly when percentages don’t matter but everyone seems to have a different opinion on this. Just bc someone has a strong and very vocal opinion doesn’t mean they are working from some hidden information you don’t already know. You have done a very mindful and careful taper- you know what you’re doing! Have confidence!  I say, just keep going at this rate that’s keeping you comfortable and let YOUR body tell you if you need to go slower at some point or not. You’ll know. You’ve got this!

Great post Libr!  I second that!

Libr,

When is the big day?  You’re really close now!  I’m 7 weeks off today. 

We can navigate this next part together.

Libr,

When is the big day?  You’re really close now!  I’m 7 weeks off today. 

We can navigate this next part together.

Was just thinking abt you today, Circlestar, and wondering how you’re doing. Thanks for your compliment on my post. Wow- 7 wks- how is it going??

So, I’m crawling along and have a couple more weeks. I’m running this thing all the way down to zero.

I have some anxieties abt life after taper and would love to share insights to navigate that.

I remember longing so desperately to be in this group, to be down to 3mg. I Really didn’t think I’d ever make it ... and now I’m almost out of this group. This grp is such an amazing support and generally a fairly positive place. I’m rooting for you all!!  Sweet dreams!

Thanks Magnolis- yes I’m at about 0.1 mg V equiv. Can you believe we are actually doing this and getting there??  I appreciate all the help you gave me early on!  So happy to hear you’re feeling well.

Wow, libr! 0.1!  :yippee:

Gardie, so good to see you, won't keep you, but know I miss and love you.  Just want you to be okay,

Mary ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Gardie, so good to see you, won't keep you, but know I miss and love you.  Just want you to be okay,

Mary ♥️♥️♥️♥️

:hug:

Thanks!!  My sleep hasn't been good the past wk or so....and feeling wave-y again.  Gotta ramp up the coping stuff...  Hope you're doing alright!

Thanks!!  My sleep hasn't been good the past wk or so....and feeling wave-y again.  Gotta ramp up the coping stuff...  Hope you're doing alright!

I've been holding this week because my sleep got awful. It's improving. Will taper again next week. We're almost there! :thumbsup:

Hey Blacklablady, I am not a member of the thread, I wish, not low enough, but I do read it.  Just imo, for as low as you are, 10% every two weeks, seems very fast to me.  You are so close, really, I would slow that down, so you have a good chance of coming off in good shape.  Just a suggestion  :)

Mary

Thanks Mary for speaking up and looking out for me. For now, this is where my doctor has me.  I can hold at any time but am not allowed to updose which worries me.  I am going to try to do this rate for as long as I can handle.  If I need to go down to 5% I will.  I know how bad withdrawal can be as I had to go to the hospital, not thinking straight and with horrible sxs.  Trust me, I never want to feel as bad as I did that time.  I will be very aware now as I have done a lot of research to understand what I will be going through.  I do appreciate your concern, thank you friend! :) You are always helping people on this site! 

Gardie- how are you doing? Does sleep get better when you hold?

Omg- I’m so excited to almost be done! I can’t even contain the excitement and had to share with ppl who understand how huge this w/d thing is. Trying to calm my nearing-the-end-of-taper anxiety which I have been assured is totally normal. I had never really read about increased anxiety toward the tail end of the taper- anxiety abt finishing and reintegration and all... so just wanted to mention it so you all know it’s normal if you find yourself Experiencing it. Wish I could release some of my energy by screaming right now but everyone in my house is sleeping - lol!    :D

Omg- I’m so excited to be done! I can’t even contain he excitement and had to share with ppl who understand how huge this is. Trying to calm my end of taper anxiety which I have been assured is totally normal. I had never really read about increased anxiety at the end of the taper- anxiety abt finishing and reintegration and all... so just wanted to mention it so you all know it’s normal if you find yourself Experiencing it. Wish I could release some of my energy by screaming right now but everyone in my house is sleeping - lol!    :D

;D. Congratulations libr, that's fabulous!!  Mary 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Sorry!!  I’m not off. Just nearing the end- sorry, didn’t mean to mislead. I have a little bit more to go. At 0.06 V equiv or something like that. Just was trying to say the last leg of the taper brought up more anxiety for me which worried me. But then others reassured and said this was normal.

Caltn- the last couple of days I’ve had no neck pain. So I’m going to have to pay closer attention to what brings it on and what helps it. I had a frozen shoulder thru this and the newish exercises I am supposed to do for that seem to make my neck really tense- and then it stays tense. using the phone makes it worse too. I hope yours is feeling better as you get further from benzos.

Libr,

Sorry I jumped the gun,...you take as much time to Finnish as you need. Continue listening to your body sxs and ease your way down.

I’m still proud of your fantastic progress!  :thumbsup:

ATU🙏

Omg- I’m so excited to almost be done! I can’t even contain the excitement and had to share with ppl who understand how huge this w/d thing is. Trying to calm my nearing-the-end-of-taper anxiety which I have been assured is totally normal. I had never really read about increased anxiety toward the tail end of the taper- anxiety abt finishing and reintegration and all... so just wanted to mention it so you all know it’s normal if you find yourself Experiencing it. Wish I could release some of my energy by screaming right now but everyone in my house is sleeping - lol!    :D

Yay, libr! So close!

Yes, my sleep improves when I hold and gets bad when I taper. But I'm not willing to hold at this low dose any longer. Tapering again. I expect to be off soon, too.

Gardie :smitten:

Gard,

.1 V equivalent Wow good for you. As you said about sleep,..all these sxs are temporary and fade with time after a cut. Some quicker to fade than others but they all disappear eventually.

Way to go.

You too will be writing your success story soon.

As soon as my gastro sxs settle I will cut again.  :thumbsup:

ATU🙏