Can we have a little more "positivity" here?

[ly...]

I think a lot of people get freaked out by so many horror stories and that this ramps up anxiety and wd sxs.

There have to be more people reading these posts that are doing alright.  I am and I had years on a high dose of Xanax. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::) :) :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fi...]

• [Mo...]

• [Ja...]

• [ly...]

Hi Lynn!

I certainly agree with your post! I am doing alright, no perfect at times but generally good. I am only 6 months out, but so far it is worthy! I suffered a lot during tolerance, so as soon as I finished my taper I started to feel a peace I did not know it existed: it has become more constant with time.

Thank you for your post, we all need it! I think that most people who is doing alright is not longer posting, I hope they post in here and you got lots of replies!

:)

Thank you for your post, we all need it! I think that most people who is doing alright is not longer posting, I hope they post in here and you got lots of replies!

There are times when I feel lot better and think it is unnecessary to post here. But I was wrong.

Lynn, I can't agree more. :) We need some refreshment also and positive input.

Sometimes I need reassurance when my condition getting worse and prone to post negative thing to get some support.

The very nature of this support forum is that those who are having the hardest times are going to be the ones posting the most. It's just the way it is and there's really nothing you can do about it I'm afraid.

Usually those who are either finished their taper, or who are doing okay, are out there getting on with their lives and not thinking about BB. Some of us "old timers" keep hanging around to help out, but we do it because we want to and we certainly don't criticise those who just want to get on with life and forget about this place.

I think a lot of people get freaked out by so many horror stories and that this ramps up anxiety and wd sxs.

Hi, I agree to a certain extend...on the other hand they gave me knowledge

how dangerous these drugs are....how important it was for those folks

to get the optimal support they needed.

Wish you well...remember please...this too shall pass. :)

Easy to say when your accute phase stop quickly after your withdrawal ended.

If you have your clear mind back you only can be positive.

If you are stuck in hell with a benzo brain without beeing yourself still sick and bedriden 19 month out and lost all your life not able to work or socialize. Dont know how you can be positiv ?

Even laughting is too stimulant for my brain and cant handle the emotion.

I wish i could be positiv yeah

I am guilty of posting only when I feel bad.  I really need to post when I am feeling good.  I will try to do more of that in the future, I promise.  But I do realize that when I do not see posts from people who were doing terribly that usually means they are doing well now and I take comfort in that.

Yep I don't post that much anymore. At one point I needed to stop coming here so often and get my mind back on life. That helped me get over my one last hump. Now that I'm feeling pretty stable and good I've been browsing again just to check in on a few folks. I hope everyone is getting a little better day by day.

I suppose the best thing people can do is to honestly reassure others who are feeling bad because of these pills and give helpful advise on how they got through the various hurdles. Most of my benzo related issues are gone now, but I come here and occasionally comment on posts that I can relate to based on my own experiences and give pointers on to how I got through them. Obviously, you don't want to stir up anxiety in their already fragile nervous system. I don't see how the mods keep up with all of the posts.

Easy to say when your accute phase stop quickly after your withdrawal ended.

If you have your clear mind back you only can be positive.

If you are stuck in hell with a benzo brain without beeing yourself still sick and bedriden 19 month out and lost all your life not able to work or socialize. Dont know how you can be positiv ?

Even laughting is too stimulant for my brain and cant handle the emotion.

I wish i could be positiv yeah

I've been here for a long time, read a lot of books on the subject,

searched FB etc. .....but haven't seen one person yet who is years off,

bedridden and non functional.

No sugar coating on my part, I believe in temporary injury and damage....

dementia for older folks after long term use,

but in your case I am strongly convinced you will have your turning point

after 24 months off.

Don't loose hope please....you're not gonna let a damn pill destroy

your life....thats not on the menu....you will win this battle, you must.  :(

Pil, there is no doubt in my mind that you will heal. You are mad as hell, anger rules you....but that is ok. I am angry , too. But I have seen so many full of anger like you that healed a lot sooner than the norm......

pil54, I agree with what you are saying 100%.  You have a great deal of wisdom about this condition we are suffering.  A sick brain and body can't feel positive thoughts because it doesn't register in our emotions.  We are reacting to our sick bodies and brains.  I'm barely functional.  How can I be positive about anything when I feel like I'm dying each day?  Lost every in less than 4 years:  health, money, mind, etc.  You name it, and I've lost it. The only thing I feel any positive thoughts about are the ppl. on this forum because most of them are very kind and supportive, with a few bad apples. 

Yeah i see the same pattern in french forum.

Some people try to convince you to be more positiv and blablabla and when you ask them about their symptoms they are like a few weeks off, functional, sleeping like 6 hours , socialize etc.

Come on im bedriden, sleep deprived, unable to work, to exercize, to socialize for 19 month straight without counting the tolerance period while on drug.

Morreweg i wish i could trust you but i dont see how it could turn suddenly in a few month beeing so disabled to be normal again.

Its a total non sens to me. Been at it for 19 month, if i look at my improvement they are so little that i dont realy socialize more than last year and dont do cognitively or physicaly more neither. Im just stuck in the same state since kindling.

Its like my gaba receptor just adapt themself to be stuck while kindling and simply just stay that way

You talk about beeing here for long and that you never see people still non functionnal yeard after ? Then what about you ?

You know i hear the same speach every month since im here

"Trust me pill you will be better at 6 month "

" hang in there pill you will turn the corner at 12 month i was better "

" come on pill i bet you will be better at 18 month like the majority "

Well im now 19 month off and still hearing a new timeline... oh now its 24 month off.

And then people that are 24 month off+ like raksha etc are still struggling now everybody tell you " oh well it will be better at 3 years"

Come on im bored by that process, just a wasting life and nobody know when you will get better . Even more if you will ever be

You talk about beeing here for long and that you never see people still non functionnal yeard after ? Then what about you ?

Legitimate question which I'm gonna answer truthfully. I'm still in a mess

because during tolerance wd in order to keep on working I kept increasing...

stopping the damn poison ....reinstating...increasing bla bla bla...no knowledge.

At around 24 months off I had a turning point ....the mental stuff

improved so much, 7-9 hours sleep returned, Benzo wd anxiety was a piece

of cake to handle in the morning....cognitive function...DP/DR etc....

It was a turning point and then improved as months went by.

Now at 38 months off I'm left with sxs like rush (immune system) , nerve pain...

head pressure, eyes and ears are still affected. A typical neurological

injury......which take a long time to heal, but I can feel it....so its

not BS.

I know its disappointing ...I expected to return to work at 12 months off....

because people here told me to hang on ...it will be over....and then 18 months..

but at 24 month the turning point came ....cest la Benzo wd,

the harder you push the worse it can get. I remember when I started

laughing again ....feelings came back ....was all around 24 months off.

I don't think its good to be obsessed about recovery timing.......too frustrating,

disappointing and stressful. What does it bring ?

Most likely it will piss you off, rive you up ....nothing achieved.....adios sleep.

Situation can't be changed.....make the best of it please....and keep going,

its the only way.

P.S. Bye the way if I didn't have the effing nerve pain I would be at

a party tonight... rockin....cause I'm right in  the mood for it ...first time after

many lousy Benzo years, get it ? :P:)

thanks for you honest response,

well i did also lot of damage by reinstating and kindling you know, the torture i endured after i kindled and reinstate has nothing to do with my first WD. that's why i sure can be like you and still damaged at my 38 month off.

But it would be so much more manageable without the mental insane anxiety dp dr insomnia etc etc

I would consider myself mostly healed if my mind would clear up and going back to my old self. I mean i always had body problem in my life because i was a Young football player, had lot of injuries on my knees ankle etc etc have already been immobilized for 6 month because of a foot injury etc well i wasnt going insane and hadnt those terrible mental symptoms and i was positiv about my future.

Those benzo brain chemical depression anxiety rage etc have nothing to see with that, you just cant work on it for yourself like a therapy, it's purely chemical but i get it, for you all you mental turned around 24 month off and you are left with physical damage.

Come on im bored by that process, just a wasting life and nobody know when you will get better . Even more if you will ever be

Phyl, I put my mind if I were you, and found it it really distressing. I am sorry for your condition.

Have you checked yourself to doctor this past 19 month? At least, ruling out every doubt can be very helpful.

Have you checked yourself to doctor this past 19 month? At least, ruling out every doubt can be very helpful.

Hi contikiti, I'm not trying to be awkward...just out of interest, how on earth

do you think a Doctor can rule out any doubt ? ...not possible as we all know....

we need a God for this....... ;)

P.S. blood tests are  recommended for the physical stuff.....

unfortunately for mental sxs they don't exist.

Well, you could start any kind of thread in off topic . There are many threads that don't talk just about withdrawal, for example. Such as the music threads and then there are some blogs that are hilarious.

Positivity on general boards where people are going through  the worst time of their life might be a bit like.... Going into a hospital in the post- op rooms and asking people to not much have pain, please.

It's the nature of this stuff. It's not a happy thing.

I get it though... But it's not mind over matter, unfortunately and a lot of people go this without any real life support or someone nearby who knows what this feels like, so you'll find a ton of people venting and panicking. When a wave would hit, for me.. There was nothing I could do to be positive, if my life depended on it. I honestly couldn't find it, as much as I needed and wanted it.

There is a lot of funnier stuff going on , on the boards, too. When people have better days or just want to distract and not talk about it as much. I think that all the support and compassion going on here is a huge positive factor in the life of anyone here.  :smitten:

I'd recommend reading "Death Grip" by Matt Samet. Shows how worst cases heal....

Its the first book I read....thats why I was quite prepared I reckon.

When this post was moved from Withdrawal Support to Chewing The Fat I was a little upset.  I didn't want to respond right away as I wanted to digest it (no pun).  I believe that WS was the correct place and that by putting it in CTF it was effectively buried from the people I had hoped would see it - new people evaluating their situation and looking for answers on what to expect when going off benzos.

I believe that my post was, essentially, supportive and that new people should see it.  New people do not come to CTF - they are interested in WD.  I understand that hearing of someone having fewer wd sxs might be demoralizing to those experiencing debilitating and horrific problems.  But the fact is that not all will face the horror that is detailed post after post on WDS.  My fingers  are crossed at this point  but I am hopeful and optimistic about my exit from Xanax.

I know the thought is that only people having serious issues find their way to BB.  Not true.  I happened on this site well into my taper and as I am a serious hypochondriac it can be unsettling (and suggestive) to be inundated with horror.  Fortunately, I have been able to block this problem.  My 2 cents.

I will probably drop off this site at this point. :-\

Hi contikiti, I'm not trying to be awkward...just out of interest, how on earth

do you think a Doctor can rule out any doubt ? ...not possible as we all know....

we need a God for this....... ;)

P.S. blood tests are  recommended for the physical stuff.....

unfortunately for mental sxs they don't exist.

No problem at all. :)

I mean, it is a normal thing to  let ourself checked after being "unhealthy" for a long time isn't it ? Eventhough I know benzo do this think, but there maybe some reason.  If I were anybody here, I would like to make myself be informed that I have no problem in my physical body. Then I can move on to be not very pessimistic. Thats just in my case.

Well good luck for all of us