Can we have a little more "positivity" here?

[ly...]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fi...]

• [Mo...]

• [Ja...]

• [ly...]

Lynn, I am so sorry you have also discovered that optimism has no place in this forum. Threads in here are 99% negative, still the 1% positive threads always become destroyed with negativity.

Thus, At the end 100% threads become horror and scary stories. It is just the nature of this forum. In my opinion this behavior is a wd sx, we cannot see positive people in here or BBs having a Good time because we want everyone to feel like us if we are feeling badly. Realism of the outside world is a must when we feel positive. If feeling negative in a bad day, then we can come here and post for either support (there are many supportive BBs in here) or to destroy positive threads  >:D

I believe in the attraction law: good thinking attracts good things. But in here both good and bad thinking attracts negativity  ;D.

Supportive groups, like the Klonopin Klub are more realistic and helpful threads in which people feeling badly one day are supported by people feeling better on that particular day...I think we mostly positive people need to understand that optimism IS in the outside world, that is why 99% BBs who are healed are not in here but living life.

I wish a very nice day for all the positive people in here.

Clona  :)

Clona21. I couldn't agree with you more. Woke up at 4:15 (by my alarm clock) to get my daughter to the barn to get her horse ready for today's horse show. Woke up so angry that I had actually slept and would have still been sleeping had it not been yet another horse show day. Before my feet hit the floor I had a little talk with myself and changed my attitude. It's 9:45 now and sunny and warm here in NY. Watching gorgeous horses jumping makes me happy. So I choose to have a good day today no matter what. It sure beats the heck out of sitting in my house focusing on my symptoms.  I will overcome this horrible situation. In the meantime I'm going to do my best to live my life while going through it. Just my 2 cents.  :smitten::thumbsup:

Jayne--I like your attitude.  And Clona--you know I've always been your fan!

My style of healing (the style my brain chose for me, not what I chose for myself) has been one big rollercoaster from the beginning, which means that I've had good days mixed with horrid days from the very beginning.  This means that to endure this and survive, I've had to be on the No Plans Plan, because I couldn't stand always having to cancel things with people and it just stressed me out too much to have something coming up.  At the same time, I have to recognize when I'm feeling okay and seize the day, do whatever I can to push my little life forward that didn't involve long range plans with others.  Now I look back over this past three years and feel grateful to myself for everything I've managed to get done when I COULD get something done.  I don't have to see the whole time as one big waste.

Liberty--I'm sorry for you that you feel the way that you do, and since I don't want to be inviting negativity into my brain, I don't really want to invite you to  expound here on why you feel the way you do.  You're certainly free to embrace this negative philosophy if you choose, and if somehow it speeds your healing and you're back to 100% before everybody else, then I'm sure everyone would be interested at that point to hear how your insistence on the evils of false hope helped you. :-\

I'd like to put some context in here.  I suffered with the worst, most deep and debilitating depression for 25yrs.  I lost over two decades of my life.  I was bedridden for most of it and unable to leave the house.  I missed my son growing up.  It was pure torture that only those who have been through it could understand.  I wished death, in any manner, daily as that was the only way to end the torture.  The feelings of guilt were overwhelming.  The physical suffering?  Nausea so pervasive that I routinely lost 10, 15, 20lbs and even prescription anti-nausea meds (given to chemo patients) didn't touch it.  Outright physical pain was a constant.

I could make no plans whatsoever and even vacations caused tremendous anxiety and nausea weeks out - put me in bed.  I could, rarely, have dinner with the closest of friends and often couldn't go at the last minute.  My husband was "single" for all intents and purposes.  The fight for me was to stay alive.  I wished I had never married because I wrecked my husband's life (mine was clearly wrecked, too).  I felt that I "could" have killed myself if not for my little boy.  You see, my grandfather (a very successful physician) shot himself in the head at 43 - my mother was 8.  I would not, could not, leave that legacy to my own child.

Reducing the Xanax (and c/t Prozac) brought immediate and life altering relief from the torture.  I am a new person and feel terrific - despite the wd sxs.  Maybe I'm flipped out hypo-manic, but I doubt it as these episodes were always very brief and infrequent.  This has lasted over a year!  I look forward to life!  My husband mentioned again this morning how different I am and how great I seem.

Due to this tremendous change - the wellness, the mood and energy - nothing brings me down.  Nothing.  Perhaps this explains my attitude and I don't apologize for it.  I deserve to feel good.  I have, and have had, some serious wd - but, frankly, I'd take the physical any day of the week.  Last year my song was "Happy" and currently it's "What a Day To Feel Alive".

I don't fear wd.  Not whatsoever.  What comes, comes and, honestly, it's got nothing on the torture of my depression.  The depression may return at some point - but I'm living life(!) while and as long as I can.  Hopefully the rest of my life!

Lynn. Sooooo happy for you. I had a great day yesterday. After the early morning horse show drop off. Our best friends called. Went to a beautiful spot for brunch did a little shopping and took a walk along the Hudson River. They came back to our house and we rented a movie and ordered in dinner. Went to bed at 11 and slept till 7.  Hallelujah!  I say if people can't be positive in any way stay off the positive threads. Anyway you go girl!!!  Xoxo

Jayne, Lynn your posts are Wonderful! FJ, I Love you.

I also spent many times being negative and I do not like it. People around me who I love to do not desserve that. Specially my Parents who are 76 years old and do not need to see the negative side of me plus wd. It is in here, in the Present, where happiness is, it may be hidden, but it is here, not in the past, not in the future, in here.

Thank you Lynn for starting this post, I am right behind you in your Positive thoughts, it is the thing that has been so much a part of me and this

Journey, I do not post like I used too, because I am so tired of the hits below the belt, it is OK, to think differently, because we are all in the struggle

of our life, and I for one, have enough on my plate, and if it is helping me and others I say Onward we go all buddies and we may sometimes be the

minority here, but I am betting that some would love to see something positive in their life, and I for one believe it will come, but shoot, it has a way

of taking its time, I have some dear friends here that are still waiting, but I never hear one word of negativity out of their mouths. I am so glad we have

this forum to come to and share, but I refuse to be dragged through mud, I feel others distress, but please stop hitting so hard. I am just saying.

that we are all Snowflakes and are different. Again thanks Lynn for doing what I could not, so I do other things. Peace to All. :thumbsup::smitten:

I don't see a lot of ppl pushing others to be negative, but maybe it's the area's where I reside on the fora. I'm both negative and positive. The days I feel really negative I come here to look for some positive voices which I almost always find.

In the end I did not go on these pills for mental problems but for insomnia problems caused by earlier withdrawal. Which were prescribed for much earlier withdrawal , prescribed for a depression following traumatic events.

So my problem is mostly the insomnia and the lack of ability in walking/sitting and pain, hormonal surges.

I was an optimistic person before, I kind of still am but I can get side tracked with the severeness of my condition.

Lynn, I am so sorry you have also discovered that optimism has no place in this forum. Threads in here are 99% negative, still the 1% positive threads always become destroyed with negativity.

Clona21, interesting observation.

I have thought a lot about this discussion, positivity versus negativity…only because it’s been periodically brought up for discussion on this forum.

I can’t help it, but to keep thinking that ANYONE who becomes a BB member, has to be an EXTREMELY,  realistically optimistic/positive, person.

The reason for this conclusion is, who in their right mind would join a forum such as BB, unless they were searching for answers that might just help them in some small way.

Answers that might help to alleviate their suffering that is a result from their having taken either benzos or Z-drugs or both or some other drug?

In other words…such a person must have an ENORMOUS love for life. And that love for life is what has moved them to find this forum…a place where they can finally learn what’s happening to themselves as a result of having taken these drugs.

Just my humble observation, from someone who considers themselves to be still relatively new on this forum.

BlueRose

Thank You dear BB’s, and thank you Lynn for starting the discussion.

It’s been a privilege meeting up with a group of people who understand benzos/z-drugs w/d. I’ve learned a lot on a wide variety of subjects thanks to all your posts.

I know the energy level required to post…it amounts to no small feat given the benzo-brain-fatigue, as well as the physical symptoms that can make cyber-communication a real challenge.

The sphere of my world has been quite small for some time, so BB has helped me to not just focus on my own recovery….I also get to compare notes and that is a great comfort.

Thanks for all of your contributions towards a seriously misunderstood syndrome. :)

BlueRose

Hi Buddies!  Hoping everyone is doing ok.  Had a great ride today on my Bruce. It's pouring here but I made myself go. Brought my beats speaker and cantered away to Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean. My horse loves music. The barn is my sanctuary. Everyone there is/has gone through a lot in their own lives and we are all so accepting of each other. I used to say the barn is a place for lost souls. I'm changing that label to kindred spirits.  I believe we will all come out better because of what we are going through. I've come to many self realizations since starting this journey. I have learned better coping skills. Anticipatory stress was big for me prebenzos. Staring that one down too. We will all overcome this. Of that I am sure. Have a blessed day. Xoxo

Hi Buddies!  Hoping everyone is doing ok.  Had a great ride today on my Bruce. It's pouring here but I made myself go. Brought my beats speaker and cantered away to Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean. My horse loves music. The barn is my sanctuary. Everyone there is/has gone through a lot in their own lives and we are all so accepting of each other. I used to say the barn is a place for lost souls. I'm changing that label to kindred spirits.  I believe we will all come out better because of what we are going through. I've come to many self realizations since starting this journey. I have learned better coping skills. Anticipatory stress was big for me prebenzos. Staring that one down too. We will all overcome this. Of that I am sure. Have a blessed day. Xoxo

You might want to connect with SeekingSanity, Jayne.  She has a horse in a barn, too!