Xifaxin for SIBO treatment

[Ja...]

It's scary to read that link about excess glutamate

In the past I never had an issue w l glutamine but after my steroid shot and I think some mini w/d every time I took it my nerves would burn.

This makes sense

Just worried about the body going into shock w taper and long term consequences.. God forbid ALS or Parkinson's. Anyone ask a doc about yhis? I know ppl say they heal completely

I am not txt my SIBO. I think once I am off Valium which will be in another year Uch it will get better.

I am so mad about being in this position especially since I went to a acupuncturist md who was the one who gave me the benzos.

I NEVER trust docs and this time I stupidly did..

Sorry for the rant. In a pity party right now.

Morning everyone  :)

Jackson1:  Rant away-we're hear to listen and support you  :smitten:.  How awful that an acupuncturist md would be prescribing benzos >:(  So sorry that happened.  I don't trust docs much now either.  Like Bennie wrote, we have to be our own health advocates now  (to avoid such buffoonery).  I went to a neurologist and told him about how tough the benzos are to taper off and he said, I can give you an anti-depressant for that... :tickedoff:  Never going back to him again...

I hear again and again that with a good taper plan, that our bodies will recover.  I try to catch myself when I start worrying about the future and realize it's only hurting me right now and, I can only get through all this one day at a time.  My messed up CNS can't handle any more than this right now. I find that doing this helps a lot.  Take care and hope you feel ok today.

Bennie:  Yeah, it's so trick to know when to add the right supplement at the right time.  How frustrating to take a supplement like glutamine to help one problem only to have it backfire for another :-\  So glad your GI issues and SIBO are under control and improving.  GI issues and weight loss are the reasons I was put on these stupid benzos in the first place.  I think the GI issues helped cause the anxiety on top of the fears about my health.  I'm glad scientists are studying the gut/mind connection now.  I hear fecal transplants can help people with all kinds of mind/body health issues.  There's a clinic in Britain that does these all the time and now they have another clinic in the Bahamas...if I had the money, it sounds like a good option 8) Take care!

BurnedOut,

I was reading that there is also a Dr. in Alberta, Canada that does fecal transplants. Actually....it's pretty easy pleasy there since it's now an noninvasive procedure. It's just a matter of swallowing pills!

Pretty crazy stuff. 😉

Seashell,

Wow!  They have pills now...amazing!  Hope they help lots of people and this treatment becomes easier to get.  I hear, at least in the US, that fecal transplants are pretty much restricted to C-diff cases.  Would be wonderful if it can help a lot of other conditions.  We think my Mom got C-diff in the hospital and were considering fecal transplant for her, but, she was able to recover anyways.

Seashell,

Wow!  They have pills now...amazing!  Hope they help lots of people and this treatment becomes easier to get.  I hear, at least in the US, that fecal transplants are pretty much restricted to C-diff cases.  Would be wonderful if it can help a lot of other conditions.  We think my Mom got C-diff in the hospital and were considering fecal transplant for her, but, she was able to recover anyways.

Good news about your Mom.

And....you're absolutely correct about which cases are being treated with fecal "pills". Very, very difficult to receive I'm sure.

However, in the near future......who knows?

Yes there is a breath test for SIBO

You can read dr Pimentals book the ibs solution

I don't have typical sxs I don't think

Major sx is bloating

I don't really get that just chronic diarreah and difficulty a absorption and gaining weight and I had interstitial cystitis for 25 years which is now kind of better but I had chronic pain for a decade

Every time I take a medication my body goes crazy

I am too scared to try the antibiotics right now bc I am starting my taper tonight and ended up on this stupid medication after a terrible reaction to steroids.

In Pimentals book he talked about interstitial cystitis, chronic fatigue etc as well as constipation and/or bloating issues. Those are primarily people's complaints. I think I got SIBO after intestinal parasites 25 years ago that started everything for me. A breath test is given by a gastrointerologist. The book is useful and explains many things. My doc feels this w/d is particularly difficult bc of my stomach issues but doesn't really tell me what to do about it but that stomach issues can cause increase in glutamate activity.

Hang in there Jackson1  :)

Here's a good article on GI issues:

www.jillcarnahan.com/2016/02/20/seven-deadly-diseases-rooted-in-your-gut-microbiome