Who has the benzo belly and look more than pregnant?

[...]

Tassie, do you can't sleep because of the big belly, that can press against the diaphragm?

I have no insomnia, but i have a stiff neck and spine, that press the nervs and make adrenalin/heart papilations.

Well, I gained a ton of weight after coming off birth control so while I'm still fat 7 months off, my "benzo belly" and extreme pregnant looking constant stomach bloat subsided substantially after about 3 months off. I still bloat easily but it's not like it was while tapering.

I had the thorso thightness 1,5 years or so but my other symptom, on the left side of the Body, from stomach up to the neck, I think it comes from the fascia and i think i have this problem for withdarawl but it would be trigger from it, plus the histamine and food intolerances.

Now im trying some stuff for benzo belly, i will let you if something is working.

Have you try probiotics?

Yes, I have tried probiotics off and on for periods of time.  I mean to stick with them since they are a good thing, whether you are fighting withdrawal or not.  But yes, I'll have to start them back up and stick with it.  Not sure it will have an effect on benzo belly per se, but at least they are healthy across the board. 

Thank you for the support and guidance.  This is such a tough one to get through.  Am always relieved to hear that this torso bit really can go away.  I start reaching a point that I'm stuck with this symptom. 

I think I can relate, but at the same time, I believe I've always been like this to a degree. I feel like I can always graze, but not a lot, and if something's to salty or heavy, it just sits in my stomach for hours on end. I think this is just me/us still learning the difference between normal eating versus back when we loaded ourselves up on benzos and at the world. At least me. I lost 25 lbs in treatment, but I'm gaining it all back. Before I could eat anything, I'd be bloated, but I didn't care. Again, think we're just still getting used to normal eating and what bloats us, etc.

Hi BBTR , Yes it is keeping me awake now , it went down when i started eating an activia yogurt daily but it came back and so uncomfortable , it seems to push the diaphram up this affects the chest area then the neck , it feels like squeezing, had the throat issues too were you can't seem to get the throat muscles to do that connecting bit when we swallow , it clicks back then down .it's like it has forgot how to work .....the vagus nerve plays an important part and when we get bloaty it sends signals out so the neck can tighten ,the palpitations start and so on ,we're in a vicious circle, i know sometimes it feels like my stomach is being pressed and then my neck tightens with it , it's all a lot of pressure but i don't know what will come from it all .wishing us all healing soon . :-[

Thanks tassie and to all others.

Tassie, you describing the exact same symptoms that I have.

From that long tension symptoms, my muscles along my spine up to my head have hardened.

On my neck i have muscle knots that also press on nerves.

Now i trying the paingone pen for that knots, in think it works, but i need to test it further.

https://www.paingone.com/discover-paingone/

Thanks tassie and to all others.

Tassie, you describing the exact same symptoms that I have.

From that long tension symptoms, my muscles along my spine up to my head have hardened.

On my neck i have muscle knots that also press on nerves.

Now i trying the paingone pen for that knots, in think it works, but i need to test it further.

https://www.paingone.com/discover-paingone/

I'm extremely interested in how things work for you with paingone pen.  I will check out the link when I have more time, but I need to get out of the house for an appointment right now.  I do have a TENS type machine that I have just started using on this tightness, but that too is too early to know if it is going to do any good. 

What I did seem to take out of this is that it appears many of us with the benzo belly are also complaining about this upper torso type pain.  I feel like I have a boa constrictor around my neck, shoulders, upper back, and upper chest.  It is so painful.  It would be great if both the belly and the pain would disappear together, but since these are my longest lasting issues, they start to feel like they are going to hang on forever. 

In any case, thanks for the paingone pen info and please keep us posted on how that works out. 

6 month away from my first benzo belly symptom at August. It does getting better but something like gurgling when I laying down is still frequently happening.

Hi Suchamess , i have a huge tummy and it's causing a lot of miserable things now , i am nine and a half months off the horrible potions and have had this since the start of taper , it looked like it was going down and felt a lot better a fortnight ago but it's back and i too am wondering what it is we eat that causes it .....i started having a yogurt and this helped it seemed but now it doesn't , i think maybe cheese could bother it and bread too so might cut those out though i don't eat lunch or breakfast, i do have dinner and supper  which is usually a sandwich. it is pressing on my diaphragm like a band round the top of the tummy pulled tight also it squeezes my neck and throat ,sure this tummy is the culprit it's huge. it's such an uncomfortable sensation that makes you feel short of breath even winded ,i don't know how it's best described and were it comes from, it seems that my whole body has got more weight on , i keep cutting eating but it does no good, what is in that poisen i don't know and i wish us all healing from it .blessings to all . :(:tickedoff:

• 1 month later...

I had the thorso thightness 1,5 years or so but my other symptom, on the left side of the Body, from stomach up to the neck, I think it comes from the fascia and i think i have this problem for withdarawl but it would be trigger from it, plus the histamine and food intolerances.

Now im trying some stuff for benzo belly, i will let you if something is working.

Have you try probiotics?

Suchamess -

Yes, I have tried probiotics off and on for periods of time.  I mean to stick with them since they are a good thing, whether you are fighting withdrawal or not.  But yes, I'll have to start them back up and stick with it.  Not sure it will have an effect on benzo belly per se, but at least they are healthy across the board. 

Thank you for the support and guidance.  This is such a tough one to get through.  Am always relieved to hear that this torso bit really can go away.  I start reaching a point that I'm stuck with this symptom.

Hi....just wanted to let you know that I had benzo belly a couple times during my 18 month taper.  I looked pregnant and my stomach was hard to the touch and it was uncomfortable.

My memory of the timing is a bit sketchy but the first time was when I first tapered too fast, lasted at least a month and receded when I reinstated.

It came back during my taper, was bigger and lasted longer (six months or more ...can't remember exactly). 

It returned for a much shorter duration at the end of my taper I was convinced it was never going to go away on it's own but it did and it just kind of happened gradually and then it was gone.  It goes away as you heal.  It feels as if it will never heal but it does.