A Returning BenzoBuddie with Words of Encouragement

[Re...]

THANK YOU SO, SO much retire  :hug:

What a blessing to read this today! Feb 1st will be one year out from this terrifying ordeal and your update was so very encouraging. Thank you for coming back after all these years and sending a good report, they are so needed.  :thumbs:

When you said, the dark veil lifted, I thought, wow...that is such a perfect way to describe this experience. It has felt like a year of darkness following you everywhere and as it begins to lift, you feel like your life is slowly returning and the sun WILL shine again!

I am close to healed, some more to go, but the big stuff has passed now and I am beyond grateful and relief does come eventually.

I never thought I would live thru it all so many months ago. I also have been going straight thru perimenopause and into menopause thru this whole last year, along with the CT wd. WOW, what a ride!  :idiot:

God bless you,

magic

Me too, I thank you so much for thinking of us and taking the time to come back and spread some hope!  Such a lovely, generous gesture! 

Wishing you continued good health and happiness!

:smitten:

Thank-you so much for your inspiring post!!!  So happy you are finally well!  I am tapering off klonopin with many symptoms.  Your story makes me more determined to "stay the course" !

Part of my recovery is reading extensively on these boards. Knowing the problems helps me keep on. Am feeling anxious on and off. Hope to be off everything by May. I guess the PAWS thing takes hold since I've come off a number of mind altering substances over the last 25 years but I have gotten past each one of them. The more knowledge the easier it is to cope by pacing the symptoms on the drug use and not myself. That changes everything from why bother because it will never get better to I will bother because it can be done and I will be free soon. I will get past any post detox issues. I live in a poisonous environment and can get past all that too.

Dog tag--

I agree with MT.  Your belief in yourself and the possibility of a better future will help bring that bright future to you!

Much appreciate MT & FJ. Finding this website and some of the vids mentioned here has made quite a difference. When you're alone with all this it does seem like your crazy forever and there will be no end to it. Knowing the facts and hearing them repeated by so many people and healthcare people on board with it takes the edge off and generally dispenses the fear.

It has been I believe two or three years since I paid a visit.  I just wanted to return to update the BenzoBuddies on my progress.

Thank you for taking the time to come back and share your recovery story, it gives me hope, I'm approaching 3 years  :smitten:

Thanks so much for the update. I'm 38 days Klonopin free and the withdrawal symptoms only just intensified in the last 2 weeks. Had zero sleep last night, night sweats, tinnitus, muscle spasm, heart racing/pounding. Like everyone else I'm scared the sx won't abate. Thanks for helping me stay the course and see light at the end of tunnel!

Good positive post.  One of the hardest things for me is that I feel like I'm at the base of a mountain and I don't know if I can climb it.  Your story gives me hope and inspiration.  Thank you.

I just want to thank you for this today, for telling us we must keep going. I have been so terrified all night and today, so convinced I'm getting worse at 17 months and that I will never heal. Thank you so much and I'm so glad you are healed from this hell. 💗

• 2 months later...

Hello friend

Thanks for posting your story. Fantastic and very encouraging!!!

Regards and best wishes

ldm27

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks for coming back and posting this story. Needed to hear that the numbness and tingling goes away for some people. Praying it'll go away for me too. Ill hang on to this story to get me through some of the bad days.

thanks for this story of hope- I needed it today. I am 4 weeks out from my jump- experiencing bad tingling and weakness in the hands and feet- hearing that side effect went away for you eventually gives me hope  that this ( along with my loud tinnitus) will not be forever...bless you :angel:

• 4 years later...

Goodness. Thank you Retire, for your posts. I’m in the thick of it and feeling uplifted by your words.

I’m at halftime for my taper and wondering if I can keep on keeping up.

I’m reading your old posts and finding comfort.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

SUCCESS!!!!!!!

Go for it !!! It’s amazing. After being on Xanax/alprazolam For 10 years. Rapid taper via detox UGGHH! I am now 17 months off of benzodiazepines. It took 13 months to feel normal again. And does it feel great! Encouraged anyone to get off benzos ASAP.

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

This is a great success story.  It’s just what I needed right now when thing are really rough and seem impossible.  I don’t know if you ever come back retire2010 but if you do, Thank You!

I’m so happy you are healed.

• 4 weeks later...