Need tapering plan and guidance

[Ed...]

Would somebody please be willing help me set up a tapering schedule for Klonopin...please see signature for details. I would like to start by trying to go down 5% or 10% every 10 days. I am at 10% now  (taking 90% of the drug)  which I just started as a water titration last night after having dry cut my 1mg. pill down to .75mg. for 3 nights. Had terrible wd symptoms so researched liquid tapering. I'm not sure I'm doing the water titration right, not good at math, and need some guidance. Thank you!

Plain water can be made to work with some skill, but we usually advise using a small amount of either alcohol or propylene glycol to first dissolve the K then dilute with water.  There are also others ways to liquify K, just ask.

You may be able to do 5% every 10 days, but I doubt 10% per 10 days is doable.  In any case, since you don't yet know what you can handle, I would not even begin at 5% per 10 days.  I'd suggest something much more modest, like 7.5-10% a month and see how you do first, then you can adjust from there.  But for now you have made a 10% cut.  Let that play out first.  It may take a few weeks.

Hi SG, thank you..what are the other ways to liquefy the K? Is there a video or some instructions you can point me to to show exactly how to do it? Thnx

A common way is to put the K in whole milk.  It can also be liquified by compounding pharmacies or suspended in Ora Plus.  In some countries there is a pharma liquid available, but not in the USA.  I think that is about it.

Does anyone draw up schedules on here anymore? I read Colin's sticky note and it says they do but no one has attempted to help with an actual taper schedule..thnx

As far as I know it is just done by asking questions and people answer them.  The taper itself and how you do it needs to be your decision, but we can walk you through it.

Ok thank you SG..I want to cut 5% every 10-14 days but will see as I go...right now I'm staying with the 10% cut I started with..I'm drinking 9ml. of the drug water out of 10ml. Have a 100ml. Cylinder on the way from Amazon.

Hi Edgy,

As one other source you could look at the water titration method described at http://www.benzosupport.org/water_titration.htm.  There is a PowerPoint presentation on the technique and an Excel spreadsheet that you can download and create your own schedule.  This is the method that I have been using for my entire taper.  The spreadsheet is very easy to use.