• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mo...]

• [Co...]

• [ga...]

• [lo...]

Thanks to Collin and everyone who runs this site. When it is down for a day you realize the importance of the site again and that people work behind the scenes to make this all happen.

So again, thanks!

Wonder if there is any way to get i for ation when the site is down again. Maybe it will be for a longer period some day. Is there some Facebook back up? A way to email a moderator? An email list so one can be informed?

Thanks from me too, Colin! I would be dead w/o this site. I couldn't log on for a good long while as it kept saying, unable to connect: server busy. Try again later. And I had a bunch of things that I wanted to post. My this forum has grown by leaps and bounds. Hurrah to you! :thumbsup:

Wonder if there is any way to get i for ation when the site is down again. Maybe it will be for a longer period some day. Is there some Facebook back up? A way to email a moderator? An email list so one can be informed?

There will be some changes made in the near future including a much larger server. Honestly, this is really a rare occurrence and I don't expect it to continue.

There will be some changes made in the near future including a much larger server. Honestly, this is really a rare occurrence and I don't expect it to continue.

Thanks pianogirl! My benzo mind wants security as always but I understand. I moght not post that much but I often read here.

Hi all,

The problem is just one of server space. BB continues to grow, and backups were taking up a lot of room. The system has now been rationalised and should work properly for the time being. I was already looking into making some larger changes (including much more server space), so this will be resolved properly in the near future in any case.

It is rare for BB to be down, so if you find us offline, don't worry, it will be temporary (and more more often than not, a temporary problem with your own ISP or a Network problem). We typically go many months without any outages, and I don't expect any more downtime in the near future.

Thanks to Collin and everyone who runs this site. When it is down for a day you realize the importance of the site again and that people work behind the scenes to make this all happen.

So again, thanks!

When I couldn't get on this site last week, I got on two websites that tested to see whether the site was down or if it was my problem.  Once I tried this site and it said, connection problem, I went to    websitenotworking.com  and websitenotworkingnow.com.  It automatically plugged in the previous website I had tried to get on and tested it.  It tried to get on the site and said that the site was down and it wasn't my problem.  Made me feel better.  gave an error code of 405.  Not sure what that was? 

I would like to suggest that, if possible, benzo buddies should add one of those Paypal buttons that allows people to make donations to help pay for site maintenance. We get so much from this site. It is getting bigger and needs more and more work, maybe hardware and software improvements. I think most of us would be willing to contribute, even if only a small amount.  I confess I was taking BB's "free-ness" for granted until it went down, but I've learned my lesson! Please consider adding a way for members to contribute financially. Personally, it would make me feel better to be doing something to help keep the site going. :)

So what is the prognosis?

Thanks to everyone for their generosity.  Computers, servers can be quirky, I only know this because my husband is an expert in the field.  Everything that can be done will be done to assure that BB stays up and running. To be very honest, we've never had so many outages in such a short period.  We'll be getting a much larger server so this should not be a problem in the future.

pianogirl

PS. I know how you all feel, once when the site was down while I was in the midst of withdrawal, I felt lost at sea. Sometimes you don't appreciate how valuable something is until it's taken away.

I would like to suggest that, if possible, benzo buddies should add one of those Paypal buttons that allows people to make donations to help pay for site maintenance. We get so much from this site. It is getting bigger and needs more and more work, maybe hardware and software improvements. I think most of us would be willing to contribute, even if only a small amount.  I confess I was taking BB's "free-ness" for granted until it went down, but I've learned my lesson! Please consider adding a way for members to contribute financially. Personally, it would make me feel better to be doing something to help keep the site going. :)

Yes ! A paypal option to contribute.. I would certainly be contributing. This site is a Godsend for me during withdrawal..