Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Server Outage

[Co...]

Hi all,

It seems that the server was down for a couple of hours. It has been months since we last experienced any kind of outage. I will look into this further, but at the moment, it appears to be nothing more than one of those glitches which occurs to all computers from time-to-time. I rebooted the server and all appears to be working correctly again. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Colin.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mo...]

• [Co...]

• [ga...]

• [lo...]

Hi all,

It seems that the server was down for a couple of hours. It has been months since we last experienced any kind of outage. I will look into this further, but at the moment, it appears to be nothing more than one of those glitches which occurs to all computers from time-to-time. I rebooted the server and all appears to be working correctly again. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Colin.

Thank you for letting us know Colin...

Colin, It wasn't until the server went down again last night that I realized just how much this forum means to me. Your work as creator and volunteer has afforded me more the opportunity to develop deep friendships in a safe and informed environment. The  encouragement and support I receive here is not duplicated anywhere else in my life. I didn't understand the depth of my gratitude until my access to the people here disappeared, temporarily, with a computer glitch.-  That glitch opened the door for me to discover how much I want to say THANK YOU for all you do! I'm actually grateful the server went down.

Aft :smitten:

It was out last night for an hour or two.

And then this morning for hours again..

In between I was able to get on.

Thanks for letting us know! :thumbsup:

It appears that the Mother Ship (the server) has been cranky but I'm certain things will be purring along smoothly in short order. Thanks for your patience everyone.  :)

Hi all,

Well, it was a little more complicated than I first thought. The website (especially the forum) continues to grow, and we simply ran out of space. Nick, the BB developer, has made some changes, and cleared out some unnecessary data. These are temporary solutions. As it happens, I've been looking at making some larger changes to BB, so space should not be a problem in the future. In any case, things should run smoothly for the time being.

Thanks.

Colin a huge thank you.  I don't know what I would be doing without the support I receive from the people on this web site you have created.  If I could write code I would offer to help but all I know how to do is log on.  Again a huge thank you.

Hi all,

Well, it was a little more complicated than I first thought. The website (especially the forum) continues to grow, and we simply ran out of space. Nick, the BB developer, has made some changes, and cleared out some unnecessary data. These are temporary solutions. As it happens, I've been looking at making some larger changes to BB, so space should not be a problem in the future. In any case, things should run smoothly for the time being.

Thanks.

Thanks to both of you......your effort is priceless. :)

Yep Colin...You're a good man. I appreciate your major contributions to helping so many people without expecting anything in return. Pretty amazing actually. :)

Snowy

I've fixed the links in this thread. If you are going to use a link within text, be sure to add a space before and after the link (this include fullstops (periods) and other punctuation). Otherwise, the letters or punctuation become part of the URL and break the link. Alternatively, insert the URL within URL tags.

I've fixed the links in this thread. If you are going to use a link within text, be sure to add a space before and after the link (this include fullstops (periods) and other punctuation). Otherwise, the letters or punctuation become part of the URL and break the link. Alternatively, insert the URL within URL tags.

Thank you.

Was the server down today - July 22nd I could not get on all day and finally got on at 7 PM Daylight savings time - East Coast USA.

I'm sure Colin will address this, but as far as I know the outage has to do with the server issues we've had lately.