Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Thank you Mary.  It was just a bad time for me at that time.  I had insomnia for three weeks and extreme sxs, so didn't know what to do.  So I made the decision to hold longer that is all.  Thanks for the good advice, but I know ppl in here are suffering, I don't like to bug them.

Supporting others on here, when we are able, actually help us feel better, so Bug away :D

Hi Jared -

I am also tapering off Valium. What cuts are you making? I did 1mg every 10 days per Ashton.

Hope you are feeling good :)

I was planning to do a microtaper starting at cutting .02mg per day. At that rate I would take over two years to finish. I’m trying to hold down a job as a professor which is why I chose this method. Could always speed up the rate of the daily cuts if I’m doing ok.

So far I’m massively depressed and stuck in a lot of fear based thinking. I’m afraid I’ll lose my career that I worked so hard for. I already lost my love for my work which is sad. If I can’t work it’ll be bad; probably bankruptcy. My wife is a student so we only have my income and I have student debt from getting a doctorate. So terrified of losing my beautiful happy life I worked so hard for.

Since you’re working Jared I don’t think two years sounds unreasonable at all. You can always do some larger cuts along the way depending on how you feel I’m working and if all goes as planned I will complete in a few months which will be nearly two years. Not my original plan but I had to live life while I was tapering. Personally I like cut and hold because I can take the bulk of my symptoms over the weekend or when I have time. I considered a micro taper and may still do it eventually I guess that’s how I ended up on this thread, ha. You can do this Jared!

Hi Jared -

I am also tapering off Valium. What cuts are you making? I did 1mg every 10 days per Ashton.

Hope you are feeling good :)

I was planning to do a microtaper starting at cutting .02mg per day. At that rate I would take over two years to finish. I’m trying to hold down a job as a professor which is why I chose this method. Could always speed up the rate of the daily cuts if I’m doing ok.

So far I’m massively depressed and stuck in a lot of fear based thinking. I’m afraid I’ll lose my career that I worked so hard for. I already lost my love for my work which is sad. If I can’t work it’ll be bad; probably bankruptcy. My wife is a student so we only have my income and I have student debt from getting a doctorate. So terrified of losing my beautiful happy life I worked so hard for.

Since you’re working Jared I don’t think two years sounds unreasonable at all. You can always do some larger cuts along the way depending on how you feel I’m working and if all goes as planned I will complete in a few months which will be nearly two years. Not my original plan but I had to live life while I was tapering. Personally I like cut and hold because I can take the bulk of my symptoms over the weekend or when I have time. I considered a micro taper and may still do it eventually I guess that’s how I ended up on this thread, ha. You can do this Jared!

Thanks. I’m starting to feel more confident. BB is helping. 

Hi Thread. To newer people, sorry this thread is not as active as it used to be when Sharkey was here. If no one answers it's because they didn't see the question or because they don't know the answer.

I see Hope addressed a question to builder. He is not here as much as he used to be. I see him on the titration board. I would add that builder has repeatedly said that he doesn't believe switching to liquid causes problems. Others disagree.

Sober, I think your strips cut 50% in the first month and 100% in the next month, right? That speed would be too fast for me. I think you should have a backup plan (make sure you can hold if you need to) if it's too fast you.

Best wishes to everyone.

Gardie :)

Hey Gardie-Meister!! What and where exactly is the "titration board"? Is it mainly 'how to's' for doing liquid titrations, etc?

Hugs to ya!

Jeff

Hi Thread. To newer people, sorry this thread is not as active as it used to be when Sharkey was here. If no one answers it's because they didn't see the question or because they don't know the answer.

I see Hope addressed a question to builder. He is not here as much as he used to be. I see him on the titration board. I would add that builder has repeatedly said that he doesn't believe switching to liquid causes problems. Others disagree.

Sober, I think your strips cut 50% in the first month and 100% in the next month, right? That speed would be too fast for me. I think you should have a backup plan (make sure you can hold if you need to) if it's too fast you.

Best wishes to everyone.

Hey Gardie-Meister!! What and where exactly is the "titration board"? Is it mainly 'how to's' for doing liquid titrations, etc?

Hugs to ya!

Jeff

Hi Jeff!  /waving!

Yup. As far as I can tell, that's what they do on the Titration board. They should probably call it the Liquid Titration board.

Gardie :smitten:

Best wishes to everyone.

Hugs to ya!

Jeff

Hi Jeff!  /waving!

Yup. As far as I can tell, that's what they do on the Titration board. They should probably call it the Liquid Titration board.

Hey Gardie, where exactly is that titration board? I can't seem to find it yet.

Moocho thanks!

Jeff

Best wishes to everyone.

Hugs to ya!

Jeff

Hi Jeff!  /waving!

Moocho thanks!

Jeff

Click HOME and then scroll down to the Planning Your Taper Section. :)

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=62.0

• 2 weeks later...

Hi  I just started to taper 3 months ago also take celexa 5mg and  on 0.4 from 0.5 klonopin

I had insomnia before taking K  because of ssri wd , and again my sleep in breaking up badly.. I know its a wd symptom. But would it help  getting rid of  my ssri  or going slower

not sure  doing 0.02ml  a day 10 -15day and holding as needed around a week to 10 days

took an antihistamine felt sick the next day my CNS is  sensitive... was thinking of CBd oil

any advise? 

Hi bounty,

My doctor prescribed me Trazodone to help sleep.  I take a small amount, 25 mg at bedtime and it really helps me sleep.  It also helps a small bit with anxiety.  You might try it could help you get some amount of sleep

Hi  I just started to taper 3 months ago also take celexa 5mg and  on 0.4 from 0.5 klonopin

I had insomnia before taking K  because of ssri wd , and again my sleep in breaking up badly.. I know its a wd symptom. But would it help  getting rid of  my ssri  or going slower

not sure  doing 0.02ml  a day 10 -15day and holding as needed around a week to 10 days

took an antihistamine felt sick the next day my CNS is  sensitive... was thinking of CBd oil

any advise?

You might try the Insomnia board  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=83.0

and/or the Other Medications board http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=60.0

and/or the Alternative Therapies board http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=110.0.

It's a hot topic, but my feeling is to get rid of the AD before the benzo. That said, I have zero personal experience with this. That's why I suggest looking for people who do on one of the above boards.

Best of luck. :)

Hi Everyone -

I am not yet doing my micro-taper (getting the liquid RX Valium when I get home to NYC next week then will cross over to liquid from pills) but wanted to join this thread/group as I have read so many posts and love how positive it is - I can't read anymore "horror stories" as they scare me too much and inhibit my progress.

Looking forward to sharing my story and offering support to anyone I can, anytime (PM me whenever you want).

I am at 3mg of Valium right now - tapered a little fast from 10mg last October (I didn't keep a timeline but will when I start to micro-taper. I will have held on the 3mg for about 16 days before I go to liquid.

A HUGE thank you to Builder who has already given me amazing advice and support. He is a star of BenzoBuddies.

So glad I found this thread - will probably only post here for the most part - need to cut down my rabbit hole ways on BBs and this thread seems like the one for me.

(I will say I have been so lucky and my s/x have been 85% tolerable - I have broken sleep and not enough, morning anxiety that sometimes lingers and brain fog but that's it so far).

Thanks to all on here!

Hi Everyone -

I am not yet doing my micro-taper (getting the liquid RX Valium when I get home to NYC next week then will cross over to liquid from pills) but wanted to join this thread/group as I have read so many posts and love how positive it is - I can't read anymore "horror stories" as they scare me too much and inhibit my progress.

Looking forward to sharing my story and offering support to anyone I can, anytime (PM me whenever you want).

I am at 3mg of Valium right now - tapered a little fast from 10mg last October (I didn't keep a timeline but will when I start to micro-taper. I will have held on the 3mg for about 16 days before I go to liquid.

A HUGE thank you to Builder who has already given me amazing advice and support. He is a star of BenzoBuddies.

So glad I found this thread - will probably only post here for the most part - need to cut down my rabbit hole ways on BBs and this thread seems like the one for me.

(I will say I have been so lucky and my s/x have been 85% tolerable - I have broken sleep and not enough, morning anxiety that sometimes lingers and brain fog but that's it so far).

Thanks to all on here!

I also need to cut down on going down the BB rabbit hole from time to time. I've been doing better lately at keeping up with healthier distractions, i.e. reading and work, music, watching car videos on youtube.

I plan to check in on this group. I'm doing a slow microtaper, started at 15mg valium 2 days ago. I'm reducing .03mg per day which I know is super slow but I'm so scared to lose functioning. I'm a college professor and have some important work and a presentation coming up in the next few months.

I also learned from Builder and others on here. I currently mix 50ml v with 450ml water and draw my doses from there. I take 10mg valium in pills and taper the other 5mg via the liquid. At my cut rate, two days has got me down to 14.94mg - like I said slow - my body probably won't detect any changes for at least two weeks.

So far I've had some depression, fear based thoughts, sleep problems, and anxiety. It settles down, though, and I'm high functioning at work at this point. I'm taking Remeron for sleep, though, and it makes it soooo hard to get out of bed the next day if I don't have to get up for work (which is usually at least 3-4 days a week).

So glad you have a solid plan Jared - you will do much better tapering with a daily micro-taper - everyone on here who has done that reports that it is much better than cut and hold. I am so ready to start it. Builder is amazing - he helps so many people.

Distraction is great. I have to go on walks so I don't go too crazy, especially on a "lazy" Sunday.

Let us know how the liquid micro-taper goes - we are in this together.

Happy Sunday to all!

any advise?

You might try the Insomnia board  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=83.0

and/or the Other Medications board http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=60.0

and/or the Alternative Therapies board http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=110.0.

It's a hot topic, but my feeling is to get rid of the AD before the benzo. That said, I have zero personal experience with this. That's why I suggest looking for people who do on one of the above boards.

Best of luck. :)

thank you... will try  those links

Hi bounty,

My doctor prescribed me Trazodone to help sleep.  I take a small amount, 25 mg at bedtime and it really helps me sleep.  It also helps a small bit with anxiety.  You might try it could help you get some amount of sleep

thank you scared to try more meds. because issues phenergan and had a bad reaction

[quote author=gardener99

I was ordering a supplement called PeaPure which is for nerve pain. (I have an autoimmune disorder.) It was only a supplement but customs still wanted a doctor's order. ::) Mostly the packages got through. The checking was random. Seems the smaller the package the less likely it gets stopped, so I started ordering smaller packages.

Hi Gardie!

With regards to the PeaPure supplement, How are you taking yours?

I ordered some in powder form and wanted to find out the best way to take it. This powder does not break down mixed in liquid very well.

I had seen instructions on the web stating that it is best to put it under the tongue to be absorbed sublingually.

Can you give me any insight.

Thank you,

Peace

Hi Gardie!

I ordered some in powder form and wanted to find out the best way to take it. This powder does not break down mixed in liquid very well.

I had seen instructions on the web stating that it is best to put it under the tongue to be absorbed sublingually.

Thank you,

Peace

The stuff I have been ordering for years, before it was available in the States, comes as capsules from the Netherlands. I still order it from the Netherlands because I don't want to switch to an unfamiliar supplier.

https://www.rs4supplements.com/en/peapure-capsules-voordeel

I remember when the choices were tablets and powder. This was when there was only the Italian brand. I chose powder at that time because I thought the tablets might be harder to digest. It tasted fine so I put it under my tongue and eventually swallowed it.

But now there are capsules from the Netherlands which I think are as good as the powder. Just sort of my gut feeling. Oops, corny double entendre. ::)

BTW, not everyone responds to PEA. The general rule of thumb is to try it for 6-8 weeks. If you don't see improvement, increase the dose to double for several weeks. If you still don't respond, you are probably a non-responder. I actually started at double the dose and went up to 4x the dose on the package to get a response. Then I was able to gradually reduce the dose.

Hi Gardie!

Thank you,

Peace

The stuff I have been ordering for years, before it was available in the States, comes as capsules from the Netherlands. I still order it from the Netherlands because I don't want to switch to an unfamiliar supplier.

I remember when the choices were tablets and powder. This was when there was only the Italian brand. I chose powder at that time because I thought the tablets might be harder to digest. It tasted fine so I put it under my tongue and eventually swallowed it.

But now there are capsules from the Netherlands which I think are as good as the powder. Just sort of my gut feeling. Oops, corny double entendre. ::)

BTW, not everyone responds to PEA. The general rule of thumb is to try it for 6-8 weeks. If you don't see improvement, increase the dose to double for several weeks. If you still don't respond, you are probably a non-responder. I actually started at double the dose and went up to 4x the dose on the package to get a response. Then I was able to gradually reduce the dose.

Thank you Gardie! I did see it in capsule form but wanted to get the most for my money. It's a bit expensive, I will check your link. Mine was from eBay.

[9e...]

Glad to have found this group!! WOW! :o It looks like I have a lot of reading to do here!!! Any advice as to where I should start?

Struggling to taper off xanax after many years. Just tried the Ashton Method, but soon "hit a wall", as I replaced  Xanax with HUGE amounts of Valium. My symptoms just became more wildly unpredictable and scary as I proceeded with the scheduled c/o. But Valium isn't recommended for those 65+ anyway - unfortunately, Dr. Ashton does not clearly address this issue, and her manual doesn't seem to indicate clinical experience with patients in their sixties.

Ailuron

PS:  Here are the details of my aborted Ashton attempt in case anyone's interested:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=217507.0

Best wishes to everyone.

Hugs to ya!

Jeff

Hi Jeff!  /waving!

Moocho thanks!

Jeff

Hey Gardie, I see that that group has about 6.9 billion threads in it :) . Is there a particular one you like, or do you just plow through until you see something relevant?

Moocho many thanks, sister!!!

Jeff

Hi Gardie!

Thank you,

Peace

Thank you Gardie! I did see it in capsule form but wanted to get the most for my money. It's a bit expensive, I will check your link. Mine was from eBay.

Yes, it is definitely expensive. I wish I knew if these new vendors in the US were reliable. I do see Ergomax on amazon. I think that's a reliable brand that's been around for a long time. I don't know about the other ones.

Glad to have found this group!! WOW! :o It looks like I have a lot of reading to do here!!! Any advice as to where I should start?

Struggling to taper off xanax after many years. Just tried the Ashton Method, but soon "hit a wall", as I replaced  Xanax with HUGE amounts of Valium. My symptoms just became more wildly unpredictable and scary as I proceeded with the scheduled c/o. But Valium isn't recommended for those 65+ anyway - unfortunately, Dr. Ashton does not clearly address this issue, and her manual doesn't seem to indicate clinical experience with patients in their sixties.

Ailuron

PS:  Here are the details of my aborted Ashton attempt in case anyone's interested:

Hi Aileron. I'm sorry you've had such a rough time. I had a very rough start, too. I ended up doing a long hold to stabilize. And then I started up again with a very slow daily micro taper.

There's a Long Hold support group you might check out. If you're very destabilized, a hold might be what you need. That said, some people just have a rough time on Valium and holding doesn't help. I don't have experience with it, so can't advise.

If you've made a lot of changes in a short time, you may just need a hold to let your brain adjust. If you want to set up a micro-taper schedule now, you will find the math gurus on the Titration Board. Just post that you want a schedule for micro tapering Valium. Someone will step in and help.

Also, I think I've seen an over 50 or over 60 support group. You might want to look for that.

Best wishes,

Best wishes to everyone.

Hugs to ya!

Jeff

Hi Jeff!  /waving!

Moocho thanks!

Jeff

Hey Gardie, I see that that group has about 6.9 billion threads in it :) . Is there a particular one you like, or do you just plow through until you see something relevant?

Moocho many thanks, sister!!!

Jeff

I skim the topics, but I rarely post there. I get lost if I post on too many threads!

[9e...]

Ailuron

Hi Aileron. I'm sorry you've had such a rough time. I had a very rough start, too. I ended up doing a long hold to stabilize. And then I started up again with a very slow daily micro taper.

There's a Long Hold support group you might check out. If you're very destabilized, a hold might be what you need. That said, some people just have a rough time on Valium and holding doesn't help. I don't have experience with it, so can't advise.

If you've made a lot of changes in a short time, you may just need a hold to let your brain adjust. If you want to set up a micro-taper schedule now, you will find the math gurus on the Titration Board. Just post that you want a schedule for micro tapering Valium. Someone will step in and help.

Also, I think I've seen an over 50 or over 60 support group. You might want to look for that.

Best wishes,

Thanks, Gardie! :)  Yes, ironically, I actually created an Over 60 Support Group and got NO RESPONSES OR POSTS :'(. Maybe there are other groups for older folks further down the list of forums, but being that far down the list usually means nobody reads or posts in them much anymore.

I've already almost completed a crossover back to 100% Xanax again. :( Back where I started, but luckily, at a slightly lower dosage. Gonna take your advice and stabilize here for a while.

Taking more and more Valium on the Ashton plan was an increasingly awful experience! Fortunately, my crossing back to Xanax was not as much a nightmare as crossing over to Valium. I know now that I'm one of those who simply can't tolerate Valium - it caused horrible side effects that hit me unpredictably - every day was awful in a different way at a different time even though I was carefully following the schedule. I still have occasional Valium "flashbacks" that hit me out of nowhere, with waves of feeling like a "tired anxious zombie" (to quote HopeToDoThis).

So I guess I'll get my info together and make my way over to the titration board to learn how to taper directly from Xanax. At least Xanax is predictable and not mind-numbing (that is, for me).

Ailuron