Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hi Shaani,

I am so happy you are here. I'm sorry to hear of your struggles. We can all relate here. We have all been through lots of horrible symptoms from the benzos. But the good news is, is we can get off of them, and if you are ever discouraged read some of the success stories on this forum. There are so many people who have healed from this.

I agree with , Moodle. Although I don't know much about Klonopin ( I am on Ativan), I would use a liquid microtaper, so I am glad you are here to  get some help.

I tried the dry cuts, and cut and holds, and didn't do very well on them. From what I've read, many people find the liquid daily microtapers the smoothest route to go.

It can involve you dissolving you pills in alcohol or milk and diluting it with water, or getting liquid benzos from your doctor, or compound pharmacist. Plenty of people here have just made their own liquid solutions.

That is what I am in the  process of doing right now. I am still early on in my taper, and my math is fuzzy on this very day, so maybe you could hang around for Builder, Sharky or, SCG to help you get a schedule going with your math.

Hang in there, girl. You will be able to make it through this, and you can come here for support. This board has been life-saving for me. To talk with others who are going thru what I am going thru makes this all so much easier.

welcome!

Shannon :smitten:

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had my first dose of homemade liquid, guys!

I actually do feel a bit different from it....like it hits the bloodstream faster than the pills. but I think this will be ok :)

I was scared, but I took the plunge. Wish me luck, so I can adjust to this smoothly.

Hugs,

Shannon

I actually do feel a bit different from it....like it hits the bloodstream faster than the pills. but I think this will be ok :)

I was scared, but I took the plunge. Wish me luck, so I can adjust to this smoothly.

Hugs,

Shannon

[move]

WOOOHOOOOOOO

[/move]

First one down!

Yep, my liquid nits me faster,too. Made me feel a bit more drugged at first. I think it really does hit quicker.

On my lower doses it doesn't do anything anymore . Of course except when I don't take it. :crazy:

Good luck, Shannon. Nothing to worry about, try and relax and it'll be just fine

Hugs,

Shannon

Yay Shannon!!  Congratz, you will do great!

sharkey

Hey Shaani and welcome to the group!

Like Moodle and Shannon, I also like the liquid titration method but many have success with dry cutting.  It is really a personal preference.  If you can't tolerate milk, I would suggest using alcohol to dissolve you pills and then diluting with water.  The amount if alcohol is very very small.  1ml or 2ml per pill.  That is less than a quarter teaspoon.  If you go this route you can make cuts at small at .0015mg of less.

I am personally tapering K using titration and only have 10 days left so I have experienced it first hand.  Please let us know what specific questions you have and we can get you on a schedule.

If you want to do daily cuts with a scale we can help you with that also.  Just let us know.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Thanks Moodle and Shannon.  If I can do the liquid taper I will give it a shot. I just need to understand the doses. This may sound silly, but when I was in 2nd grade my teacher terrorized me. I was the tiniest kid in class and for some reason she took pleasure in physically and mentally abusing me. She would make me write math problems on the chalkboard in front of the class and would ridicule me for not being able to work the problems out quickly.  She slapped me, pinched me, and scared me so badly I would wet myself.  My mind would freeze when working math problems. 

I have the same mental block with math whenever I feel pressured. Otherwise,  I can do math fine. Getting these calculations correct scares me in case I do it wrong, so I feel that pressure again.

I am sure my pathetic story sounds crazy, but it is odd how trauma can impact our lives.

Anyway, I truly appreciate any help available.

1mg K x2/day is my current dose.  Sometimes I take .25mg early then the remaining .75mg at night. 

Thanks again!

Shaani

Hi Shaani, I do think that titration is a more precise method than dry microtaper. But so far microtaper is working for me. My working capacity has decreased but it is ok for me since I used to work all the time  :D. If you decide to do titration, Sharkey and many wonderful people here can help you.

I think you already have an idea of what to do if you decide doing dry microtaper, a scale, a metallic nail file and a razor.

The aim is to decrease the weight by 0.001 grams of 0.5 mg K pill (If the average weight of your 0.5 mg K pills is 0.170 grams, then 0.001 grams of pill equals 0.0029 mg K, this comes from 0.001 multiply by 0.5 divided by 0.170). As the rate 0.0029 mg K per Day is a high one, I would start cutting 3 days (by removing 0.001 grams of pill per day) followed by holding for 1 day.

I wish you all the best  :smitten:

Hey Shaani and welcome to the group!

Like Moodle and Shannon, I also like the liquid titration method but many have success with dry cutting.  It is really a personal preference.  If you can't tolerate milk, I would suggest using alcohol to dissolve you pills and then diluting with water.  The amount if alcohol is very very small.  1ml or 2ml per pill.  That is less than a quarter teaspoon.  If you go this route you can make cuts at small at .0015mg of less.

I am personally tapering K using titration and only have 10 days left so I have experienced it first hand.  Please let us know what specific questions you have and we can get you on a schedule.

If you want to do daily cuts with a scale we can help you with that also.  Just let us know.

Stay strong!

sharkey

I think the liquid taper sounds best. What do I need to buy to do this?  I am going to pick up my  clonazepam soon, so I can see if I can get the syringes. 

Thanks so much. 

I just posted about my math skills being weak.  :-[

Wishing everyone the very best. Hugs!

Shaani

Thanks Moodle and Shannon.  If I can do the liquid taper I will give it a shot. I just need to understand the doses. This may sound silly, but when I was in 2nd grade my teacher terrorized me. I was the tiniest kid in class and for some reason she took pleasure in physically and mentally abusing me. She would make me write math problems on the chalkboard in front of the class and would ridicule me for not being able to work the problems out quickly.  She slapped me, pinched me, and scared me so badly I would wet myself.  My mind would freeze when working math problems. 

I have the same mental block with math whenever I feel pressured. Otherwise,  I can do math fine. Getting these calculations correct scares me in case I do it wrong, so I feel that pressure again.

I am sure my pathetic story sounds crazy, but it is odd how trauma can impact our lives.

1mg K x2/day is my current dose.  Sometimes I take .25mg early then the remaining .75mg at night. 

Thanks again!

Shaani

Hey Shaani!! Welcome aboard. I'm glad you're here. Lots of great advice without all of the wicked drama. I purposely don't read many other areas of the BB site at all because some of the stories were really freaking me out. Also, thank God that you're only on 1mg of K. You'll definitely nail it. I agree with everyone else that the liquid taper would be great for you. I was on 5+mg/day of K for well over 20 years, so if I have any brain cells left to do this liquid taper thing (and the math), then rest assured that you'll be beyond fine. I'm "down" to 2.52mg/day of K now with a looooong way to go, but the liquid titration via this site has given me hope. People on here are great with the math, so you're good. I do well to add to simple numbers together much less trying to figure conversions in milligrams, milliliters, etc. I tried the dry cut and hold thingy and about lost the small amount of my mind that I have left. Going liquid is SO much better. You're in total control, so you can go as fast or slow as you want, and you have the freedom to hold at a certain dose if things interfere with your Momhood, family, and work. Grab the situation with confidence and go! You're math and guidance will be done here for you. Sharkey, Builder and SG continue to save my butt, and I've only been doing the liquid thing for about a month. It took me a while to jump on board with the plan do to my not being sure of things, but now I know that that was wasted time. Go for it!!

Many hugs,

Jeff

Hugs,

Shannon

You rock, Shannon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You'll be done before you know it.  Congratulations!!!!

You da woman  :)

I think the liquid taper sounds best. What do I need to buy to do this?  I am going to pick up my  clonazepam soon, so I can see if I can get the syringes. 

Thanks so much. 

Shaani

You will need a 1ml oral syringe. And a 10ml oral syringe. Something to measure 100ml of water (you can use the 10ml syringe 10 times).  Other options are a graduated cylinder or a larger syringe.  Some jars or containers to put the solution in.  As long as they seal it really doesn't matter.  I use the containers that came with my bullet mixer.  You will also need some 80 proof or higher alcohol.  I use vodka.

Once you have the supplies it's really easy.

1. Dissolve 1mg of K in 2ml of vodka in one of your containers

2. Let dissolve for at least 15 minutes (I just leave mine over night)

3. Measure out 98ml of water and add the the container

4. Now you have 100ml solution

Don't worry about the sediment that you will see that hasn't dissolved.  These are simple pill fillers and do not have the benzo.

Does that make sense?  Once you have that down we can talk about cut rate.

Sharkey

Hugs,

Shannon

YOUcando this!  :smitten:

Thanks again!

Shaani

Welcome Shaani. Don't worry, the dilution gurus, sharkey and builder can do the math for you! They did it for me. I'm just too tired to actually mix and measure accurately right now. Either my son is going to have to do it for me or I am going to have to break down and take a sleeping pill to get some sleep and a functioning brain. I sure wish I had done the micro taper from the start. I think you will be glad you chose this method.

I ordered these supplies from amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JG31KBA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013Y6JK2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Supplies have arrived! Brain too fried to do anything about it. Typical.  :idiot:

You can hold of a day longer...  :)

It will,be alright.

Thanks so much. 

Shaani

You will need a 1ml oral syringe. And a 10ml oral syringe. Something to measure 100ml of water (you can use the 10ml syringe 10 times).  Other options are a graduated cylinder or a larger syringe.  Some jars or containers to put the solution in.  As long as they seal it really doesn't matter.  I use the containers that came with my bullet mixer.  You will also need some 80 proof or higher alcohol.  I use vodka.

Don't worry about the sediment that you will see that hasn't dissolved.  These are simple pill fillers and do not have the benzo.

Sharkey

Thanks Sharkey!

I have 2 5ml syringes, so I need to find the 1ml and 10ml syringes. I can check with the pharmacy.  I can get baby food jars also. I have enough clonazepam to get by for quite a while.  I have 80 proof vodka, so I am almost ready.  Nervous, but getting up the nerve to start.  I have been able to quit ADs in the past with no problem.  Seroquel was a bear, and may have set me up for a harder taper from the K.  I did not think K would be a problem until the tolerance WDs, so I need to buck up here.  I will let you know when I have everything I need to start this journey. 

Thank you so very much.

Shaani

Thanks again!

Shaani

Hey Shaani!! Welcome aboard. I'm glad you're here. Lots of great advice without all of the wicked drama. I purposely don't read many other areas of the BB site at all because some of the stories were really freaking me out. Also, thank God that you're only on 1mg of K. You'll definitely nail it. I agree with everyone else that the liquid taper would be great for you. I was on 5+mg/day of K for well over 20 years, so if I have any brain cells left to do this liquid taper thing (and the math), then rest assured that you'll be beyond fine. I'm "down" to 2.52mg/day of K now with a looooong way to go, but the liquid titration via this site has given me hope. People on here are great with the math, so you're good. I do well to add to simple numbers together much less trying to figure conversions in milligrams, milliliters, etc. I tried the dry cut and hold thingy and about lost the small amount of my mind that I have left. Going liquid is SO much better. You're in total control, so you can go as fast or slow as you want, and you have the freedom to hold at a certain dose if things interfere with your Momhood, family, and work. Grab the situation with confidence and go! You're math and guidance will be done here for you. Sharkey, Builder and SG continue to save my butt, and I've only been doing the liquid thing for about a month. It took me a while to jump on board with the plan do to my not being sure of things, but now I know that that was wasted time. Go for it!!

Many hugs,

Jeff

Thanks for the welcome Jeff.  Especially the fact that this is a drama free zone here.  I have read too many horror stories elsewhere and even quit posting to some threads.  This thread feels like it will be the best one for me.  I hope I can offer support and encouragement in return.

Let the journey begin!!!

Shalom,

Shaani

Supplies have arrived! Brain too fried to do anything about it. Typical.  :idiot:

It will,be alright.

Thanks, Moodle. I feel absolutely awful but have to believe I will be able to hang on and do this. I know everybody feels this way sometimes and somehow we do get through it. We just need reminders!

:smitten:

Thanks for the welcome Jeff.  Especially the fact that this is a drama free zone here.  I have read too many horror stories elsewhere and even quit posting to some threads.  This thread feels like it will be the best one for me.  I hope I can offer support and encouragement in return.

Let the journey begin!!!

Shalom,

Shaani

Shaani, I, too have abandoned a lot of threads. When I am well, I will go back and encourage people who are suffering, but right now, I need HOPE! This thread seems to be the HOPE thread.  :)

Thanks so much. 

Shaani

Sharkey

Thanks Sharkey!

I have 2 5ml syringes, so I need to find the 1ml and 10ml syringes. I can check with the pharmacy. I can get baby food jars also. I have enough clonazepam to get by for quite a while.  I have 80 proof vodka, so I am almost ready.  Nervous, but getting up the nerve to start.  I have been able to quit ADs in the past with no problem.  Seroquel was a bear, and may have set me up for a harder taper from the K.  I did not think K would be a problem until the tolerance WDs, so I need to buck up here.  I will let you know when I have everything I need to start this journey. 

Thank you so very much.

Shaani

Baby food jars cannot be reliably re-sealed.  Conventional screw-top containers are much better.

It will,be alright.

Thanks, Moodle. I feel absolutely awful but have to believe I will be able to hang on and do this. I know everybody feels this way sometimes and somehow we do get through it. We just need reminders!

I dint mean to make light of it, G..

I'm trying to say it's okay and it'll be alright. You'll get this done.

Hello to all,

Sorry to be budding in here, but this might be just the group that gets me benzo free.

So nice to have found this group.

I was hoping someone could please explain how to do a liquid taper.

Been on ativan for 10 years, though I have been doing a very slow taper for the last 3 years.  I would go through long periods of just holding.

I am trying to get this last bit of ativan out of my system.  Since Dec. 2014 I have been down to 1/4 of a 0.5 mg tab twice daily and I cannot seem to eliminate one of the doses without getting withdrawal symptoms.  Everything seemed so unreal to me and the insomnia was terrible.

After reading several of the post on this forum, I came to realize that I have been having inter-dosing withdrawals for years.  That explains a lot.  I thought it was just me being weird.

Anyway, I was thinking of trying daily tapering as soon as I get my hands on some liquid ativan.

I've been reading the posts and you all seem like a bunch of nice people.

Thanks so much.

doodle dog

Hello to all,

Sorry to be budding in here, but this might be just the group that gets me benzo free.

So nice to have found this group.

I was hoping someone could please explain how to do a liquid taper.

Been on ativan for 10 years, though I have been doing a very slow taper for the last 3 years.  I would go through long periods of just holding.

I am trying to get this last bit of ativan out of my system.  Since Dec. 2014 I have been down to 1/4 of a 0.5 mg tab twice daily and I cannot seem to eliminate one of the doses without getting withdrawal symptoms.  Everything seemed so unreal to me and the insomnia was terrible.

After reading several of the post on this forum, I came to realize that I have been having inter-dosing withdrawals for years.  That explains a lot.  I thought it was just me being weird.

Anyway, I was thinking of trying daily tapering as soon as I get my hands on some liquid ativan.

I've been reading the posts and you all seem like a bunch of nice people.

Thanks so much.

doodle dog

Hey you!

Ha, that was a surprise to see you here.

Welcome to the thread.

You would dissolve one of your doses in milk, alcohol ( diluted with water ) or get a script for liquid Ativan.

Then you can decrease each day, with smaller increments .

Yeah, the interpose withdrawal stuff sure is awful. It's th reason why I switched to Valium and tapered from there. ( came from 4 mgr Ativan total, short term user).

It will,be alright.

I dint mean to make light of it, G..

I'm trying to say it's okay and it'll be alright. You'll get this done.

Moodle, I had no thought you were making light of my fatigue. Not a bit!