Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Post Benzo Freedom Withdrawal Support Group

[ve...]

Hi guys, well, I want to whine about something new, edema. My weight fluctuates up and down hugely and it seems like I retain all the fluids I ingest. I'm also in menopause so who knows what's doing what. Just wondering if edema is a common thing at nearly 6 months out. Also everyone seems to go through some kind of weight gain. I thought I'd avoided it but then lately, I just can't seem to not be starving, and when starving my stomach just burns and I can't sleep so eating less doesn't seem to be much of an option. I'm back at the gym trying to control the damage.... I don't know, I don't know.... any of this sound familiar?

thanks,

m

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ve...]

• [gi...]

• [pa...]

• [An...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to collect water around my hips,butt,and upper thighs...and I'm a guy/Doc has no clue,kinda thinks it's in my imagination I think.

And I thknk I collect it around my brain at times too.....ditto with the doc.

Often I have a huge P about late morning,and I feel like all my troubles have drained away!

Head clears,sx gone(mostly) and I feel great.

Doesn't last tho....

;(

And speaking of the Doc.

Finally got the courage up.

Seems he's been doing some learning on the drug thing.

Feels that most of my (voluminous) complaints are either WD or stress/anxiety realted,which could very well be true.

TO this end he has prescribed me Zoloft and nortriptyline.

At a loss as to what to do.I need the relief so badly...this wave started weeks ago...and I had anxiety issues long before the benzo mess started.

Mixed reviews online and amongst family members.

I did take the first,very low,doses last night,and if not for the huge storm,would have slep thru the nite....first time in weeks

I got over 1 1/2hrs in a row

Groggy and foggy as heck, tinnitus like crazy....but the anxiety does seem to be pulling back.

NO appetite at all, wobbly head,ditto legs.Tired.Very very tired.

Did get out for a while this morning,but it's noon,humid and hot,and I'm done.

M

I'm sorry, but I have seen many go this route only to regret it, particularly as far out as you are. Drugs, if you're having a lot of wd symptoms, likely will not have the effect they were designed for. They make things worse and then you'll have to come off and that will make things worse for sure. I don't understand taking on a drug, which in the long run is a problem, to deal with a passing situation that if left alone will lead to drug freedom and the same effect you would get from an AD except that it's long term. I don't understand having gone through all this and choosing to get on the roller coaster again. That is to say, I do understand it. I did it. I regret it terribly but I'm dealing with it now. I've seen other people do it a regret it. In the long term, it just keeps you tied to these doctors who don't understand what you're going through. Again, we need to stop looking for quick drug fixes for things. That's my two cents, in a word, noooooo. Just my opinion, but an educated one.

m

I'm sorry, but I have seen many go this route only to regret it, particularly as far out as you are. Drugs, if you're having a lot of wd symptoms, likely will not have the effect they were designed for. They make things worse and then you'll have to come off and that will make things worse for sure. I don't understand taking on a drug, which in the long run is a problem, to deal with a passing situation that if left alone will lead to drug freedom and the same effect you would get from an AD except that it's long term. I don't understand having gone through all this and choosing to get on the roller coaster again. That is to say, I do understand it. I did it. I regret it terribly but I'm dealing with it now. I've seen other people do it a regret it. In the long term, it just keeps you tied to these doctors who don't understand what you're going through. Again, we need to stop looking for quick drug fixes for things. That's my two cents, in a word, noooooo. Just my opinion, but an educated one.

m

Hi Marina.  I certainly can relate to your frustration with various a/ds but I think one must be careful to not be prescriptive for others.  Some may benefit from an a/d at some points in early or later withdrawal off the benzo.  I personally did not choose to go that route and I understand you did not feel it was helpful for you.  I don't think that means nobody would benefit from some types of a/d, particularly if having a great difficulty with sleep over a prolonged period of time, or in crisis or perhaps other kinds of situations. 

V

I can't prescribe, I'm not a doctor. All I can ever do is give my opinion and my opinion is what I stated above. I feel strongly about it, very strongly, and feel more comfortable with my position with time and experience.

I've been there, I've done, I lived through it. I view it as my responsibility here to share my experience in that it might benefit others.

THat's all.

m

Thanks Vertigo, I'll look into that. :) I'm so confused on all this right now. :P

Hi Pan, thanks for the welcome.  :)

Marina, I'm feeling that way too with the water retention. I've found that for now, if I stick to raw, organic meals, I can eat a lot and I don't gain, but strangly, my jeans are fitting tighter now even with nothing added on the scales.  :-\ I feel really bloated. But at least i know im giving my body all the nutrients i can with juicing and green smoothies and such and I don't feel hungry all the time. Don't know what I'll do when the jeans just won't fit any more though.  Are you having bad menopause sx? I was and getting on bio-identical hormone therapy helped a lot with things like hot flashes n such but not with the bloating. Don't take pharmaceutical hormones though! Only bio.

Macone, I feel that way too but I don't get the relief. :P my brain just won't work right at all. Water on the brain...hmmm, could be.

I can't prescribe, I'm not a doctor. All I can ever do is give my opinion and my opinion is what I stated above. I feel strongly about it, very strongly, and feel more comfortable with my position with time and experience.

I've been there, I've done, I lived through it. I view it as my responsibility here to share my experience in that it might benefit others.

THat's all.

m

Marina, I understand that you are not a doctor and can not "prescribe" (medication).  I was referring to being "prescriptive" in language (which is not allowed on this forum), as in making blanket all or none generalizations such as "all drugs" (in this case, antidepressants is the medication being discussed) are not helpful or "will not have the effect they are designed for" or "that they make things worse" ...for all folks.  While I personally agree with your later comment that "quick drug fixes" can be problematic for some or even many folks, I think it is important to acknowledge that some people may benefit from certain medications, including some antidepressants, perhaps for some period of time.  Yes, it may mean another taper down the road, but we can not know that an individual or that all would not benefit.  There are many different folks with different medical histories, different work obligations and  life circumstances. One example I've read about is remeron.  There are some who seem to have found a low dose to be  helpful in early withdrawal off a benzo, perhaps when sleep was extremely difficult.  Others have not found it to be helpful or even did not like the side effects.  Some have found it more difficult to taper off of than others.  In fact, there is a remeron tapering  thread on this forum.  I am using remeron as one example of where some found it helpful, others did not, some like me never chose to try it.  Since neither of us is a doctor, I believe one can state an opinion as to one's own personal experience with an a/d or even several, but it is best to be cautious about suggesting that for "all others" that there would be no circumstance that an a/d or other medication might be helpful to them.  It is best to make final decisions about prescription medications and even some over the counter ones, with one's medical doctor.

V

I know what you meant Verti. I willl however add this: If we don't share our experiences we are useless to each other. People can benefit from ADs? Sure, short term maybe, till they try and get off them and then have to go through another withdrawal that dredges up the old benzo withdrawal all over again. Well, that is often what happens and people need to be warned that that can be the case, Are there some people who've been ok and had an easy time getting off them later on? Only one that I know of, the others struggled and got locked into more years of torment. After you've gone through the hell of benzo withdrawal, unless you absolutely have to, why sign up for yet another withdrawal with another forum/thread. You are just prolonging the misery. It's irresponsible not to tell someone this who is asking about it. As irresponsible as it was for the doctors not to tell us the truth about what could happen to us when we took our fist benzo. That is my opinion. Of course some "benefit", meaning the drug addresses a problem. I think most of us "benefitted" from our benzo or we wouldn't have stayed on it past the first dose. While I understand that prescriptive language isn't allowed on this Forum, well, we help each other taper, we don't say "do whatever you want"/ we help each other. No Verti, I do understand, I'm not saying this because I don't but because I do. Have a great day.

m

m

Hi again

I'm a post benzo member who has benefited from low doses of remeron.

Actually, my history with this med and benzos goes something like this:

I was first prescribed ativan after having disruptive panic attacks back in 2006. It was meant to be short term until an A/D was prescribed and I got used to the side effects.

This did not work out as the ones the doctor prescribed for me caused me some serious side effects.

After that, it was a waiting game until a new psych was stationed at the medical center. After 3 months of waiting, I was finally seen and he prescribed remeron for me which seemed to work well.

This was after I had already developed a tolerance to the falling asleep effects of the benzo and had been switched to clonazepam.

To this day, I feel that an A/D (at least in the prescribed dosage), may not have helped initially. However, after being on a benzo for 3 months while waiting, my serotonin levels probably got low enough (do to the effects of the benzo), that the serotonin boost I got from the remeron got me back in balance.

Also, one reason other meds caused me ill effects had to do with them being in a capsul, which cannot be split easily. It is possible that if I could have split them, they may have benefited me? Who knows?

To this day, I remain on low doses on the remeron because I have a sleep/work schedule that changes. Last night was a late night for me. My body has never handled sleep shift chagnes well and I have a low tolerance for jet lag. The low doses of remeron (usually 4 mg) help me by keeping my mood elevated.

I do have a problem with 'prescribed doses' in that some doctors that I have had appointments with at the medical center seem to take the attitude that if it's not a 'recommended dosage', it probably isn't working right for you and your probably need to up the dosage. That kind of unenlightened assumption has caused me more grief when I was having med imbalances.

The upshot is that no doctor (I just had a physical yesterday) can argue with a patient who seems to be doing so well. My doctor yesterday commented on how great I was doing and how he was amazed that I had really pulled through.

He is aware of my low dosage and seeing how well I am, he has no problems with that!

That's my take on this and I sure hope it helped.

Take care all :thumbsup:

I'm glad you're doing well, Pangelingua, probably better than me, I suspect, I haven't been off very long. You're story illustrates all the problems with prescription drugs very well indeed. I hope when you decide to come off, it's very easy for you  :)

m

I'm glad you're doing well, Pangelingua, probably better than me, I suspect, I haven't been off very long. You're story illustrates all the problems with prescription drugs very well indeed. I hope when you decide to come off, it's very easy for you  :)

m

I'm not sure why you believe Pangelingua's story illustrates "all the problems with prescription drugs", Marina.  It's interesting how two people can read a post and take away a different interpretation. My take was that while he had some negative experiences with one a/d prescribed, that a low dose of another seems to have helped Pangelingua sleep and function well enough to support his family these past five years.  I realize you have some strong feelings about antidepressants for you personally, but I think Pangelingua has had a different experience, at least with regard to one particular a/d he has used and continues to use.

V

Thanks for sharing, Pange.  It sound like you do not want to stay on the remeron forever, but feel the low dose has been helpful to you to maintain sleep, particularly with the very sporadic work schedule you have had over the past five years.  No doubt it is a personal decision, case by case and I believe you are not necessarily advocating others to take an a/d.  I also agree with you that sometimes doctors can be quick to increase dose when a smaller dose may be sufficient.  I have found, for example, that I do not need the whole dose of over the counter allergy medicine, that cutting the pill in half does the trick and decreases my daily cost by 50%.  Some pills, like you mentioned, are not prone to pill splitting or if time released, should not be done.  Prilosec, for example, should not be split for similar reasons you discussed. Wishing you the best and hope that one day you will be able to taper the a/d if that is your goal and if a doctor you trust agrees it is best for you to do so. 

Best wishes,

V

Hi again

Just a few comments.

V, you're take is correct that while I had negative experiences with one A/D, a low dose of another helps me to sleep well, etc...

I also appreciate your ongoing support. :thumbsup:

Also, you just posted a moment before mine. Again, thanks for your support and fellowship!

Marina, let me say that I empathize with you in this way:

The first few months post benzo taper I felt so relieved and yet felt so betrayed. What I mean is that after the dust settled I started to think that the whole problem would have never come about if the psyc at the medical center had been more enlightened and better informed about meds. In fact, I actually called the mental health dept there and ended up getting into a shouting match with the assistant psych about better ways of prescribing benzos and treatment plans when tolerance developed. :tickedoff:

I had an overwhelming urge to never want to touch another pill again!

Since that time, my emotions have changed and I now realize that one must take a 'pragmatic' approach to meds. Yes, I do believe that we live in a culture that is 'overprescribed'. Yes, I do believe that 'theraputic' doses are subjective. I feel strongly that 'homeopathic' doses (such as mine) can probably benefit a person best in many cases.

Probably the best way of getting your point across to your doctor is as I posted that 'no doctor is going to argue when you are doing so well'... etc.

It is normal too feel some betrayal as you do especially the first few months post taper...

As for tapering remeron... I actually did successfully taper remeron after a year or so. It was bad timing in that my father died almost immediately after my last dose. I strongly feel that I could have walked away... but, ah, such is life...

The second taper I tried was after tolerance to clonazepam. I would not advise that and it only messed my moods up badly. That was even during the Holiday season... Fortunatley, there have been many other Holidays since then that have been far better!

The third time was after accepting this position with an up and down work schedule, sleep shifting, and being on call. It just didn't work well and the resulting stress load was too much.

I'm pretty confident that I can attempt another taper as soon as work settles. Till then, I don't feel a need to rush it...

Hope this response helps.

Hi prettydaisies!

I just said a prayer for your father that he may receive healing and recovery... Also, a heads up that there is a prayer request board here on the forum. There are many members who post there. They have restructured the forum somewhat since I was active here. If you would like to post there as well, let me know. Or, I can put your member name there to be included.

Either way, it is my wish that your Dad recovers soon. :thumbsup:

thank you so much for saying a prayer for my father pangelingua ~ he's out of the hospital and it turns out that it is not his heart like he keeps wanting to think. the doctor's don't know what is wrong with him and neither do we. sometimes he has trouble breathing and starts to tremble and feels some pressure on his heart but obviously that doesn't necessarily mean it's the heart. and i have a feeling he is severely hypoglycemic with the onset of diabetes. and way too many antibiotics without properly re-establishing the good flora.

but i sincerely thank you for your prayer as he came out of the hospital alive and we were very worried and still are.

prettyD

~ and while you're on the subject of antidepressants--i was going to start remeron when i first c/t'd and was in acute w/d for sleep and to try to gain weight. i think because i was severely kindled i felt every receptor in my brain totally blanketed so i didn't continue you with it.

while in defense of m, what if we all got off  benzo's whether it was a c/t or taper on a desert island with no a/d to boot us up? well, i thank God that the brain is plastic and would reorganise how to balance itself again. but i guess is a very serious distress, something like some months to help one through that is not the worst thing and probably won't interfere with the healing from benzo's. i didn't want to chance that and especially the way my receptor's felt so blanketed--but i also can understand the desperate need for it sometimes. all in all--i really think the brain knows how to re balance itself for the most part--obviously there are some peeps who desperately need something for certain situations.

Hi again

Just a few comments.

V, you're take is correct that while I had negative experiences with one A/D, a low dose of another helps me to sleep well, etc...

I also appreciate your ongoing support. :thumbsup:

Also, you just posted a moment before mine. Again, thanks for your support and fellowship!

Marina, let me say that I empathize with you in this way:

The first few months post benzo taper I felt so relieved and yet felt so betrayed. What I mean is that after the dust settled I started to think that the whole problem would have never come about if the psyc at the medical center had been more enlightened and better informed about meds. In fact, I actually called the mental health dept there and ended up getting into a shouting match with the assistant psych about better ways of prescribing benzos and treatment plans when tolerance developed. :tickedoff:

I had an overwhelming urge to never want to touch another pill again!

Since that time, my emotions have changed and I now realize that one must take a 'pragmatic' approach to meds. Yes, I do believe that we live in a culture that is 'overprescribed'. Yes, I do believe that 'theraputic' doses are subjective. I feel strongly that 'homeopathic' doses (such as mine) can probably benefit a person best in many cases.

Probably the best way of getting your point across to your doctor is as I posted that 'no doctor is going to argue when you are doing so well'... etc.

It is normal too feel some betrayal as you do especially the first few months post taper...

As for tapering remeron... I actually did successfully taper remeron after a year or so. It was bad timing in that my father died almost immediately after my last dose. I strongly feel that I could have walked away... but, ah, such is life...

The second taper I tried was after tolerance to clonazepam. I would not advise that and it only messed my moods up badly. That was even during the Holiday season... Fortunatley, there have been many other Holidays since then that have been far better!

The third time was after accepting this position with an up and down work schedule, sleep shifting, and being on call. It just didn't work well and the resulting stress load was too much.

I'm pretty confident that I can attempt another taper as soon as work settles. Till then, I don't feel a need to rush it...

Hope this response helps.

Thanks for the clarification, Pangelingua.  Sorry you had to go through so many stressful situations.  As for remeron, it may be helpful for some, may not for others.  Under the "other medications" section of this forum, I believe there is a remeron withdrawal support group thread.  There seems to be a group who are supporting eachother in their tapers off that particular a/d.  Like anything, some may benefit, others may not, some may have a more difficult time tapering off when the time comes, others not so much.  I tend to think based on my benzo experience that if I were taking an a/d, that I would want to taper off of it as well.  I am not promoting remeron or any a/d.  To be clear, I am in agreement with PrettyDaisys that if one can become benzo free and avoid other medications, it would be ideal.  I considered during the first year off valium whether I might benefit from something at times to help with some ongoing anxiety and occasional blues.  These were some of my first symptoms when I first used valium to help cope with a difficult family situation and a sick parent with cancer.  I learned the hard way that taking the benzo to cover or mask anxiety or pain, was not the way to cope.  I've since learned to manage stress better and amazingly, my parent has survived the last five years since I first took that valium, although currently out of remission and undergoing another round of chemotherapy.  Sorry about the passing of your father, Pange.  I remember you had posted about that being a very stressful time for you.  Unfortunately, benzos are sometimes prescribed when one has a loss or death in the family.  If one is in a crisis due to a loss and unable to sleep for days, I imagine that a very short term use could be helpful to some, but doctors should warn their patients about the addictive dangers.  Perhaps you would rather have been given a low dose of remeron than klonopin after your father died, when you had trouble sleeping.  No doubt Marina and others may feel strongly about avoiding antidepressants based on their personal experience.  I have chosen to avoid medications as much as possible myself. Some may have a benefit from an a/d and I think it's important to not bash all use of antidepressants or doctors who prescribe them.  Some folks who are post benzo may benefit while others can gut it out and do without.  The important thing is that one become well informed about the risks and side effects as well as the potential time needed to taper off when the time comes.

Best,

Vertigo

Hi PrettyD :)

So glad to hear your Dad is out of the hospital and got his heart checked out.

Sorry to hear that he still has issues... Perhaps time will heal the rest. I did say a prayer for him as I was reading your post. Sometimes that's all we can do. Again, I 'm glad that his heart is doing well at least as far as the doctor is concerned.

Hi V

My situation with meds got to be somewhat complicated for a spell. I just had a series of years that carried hardships.

It really started after we moved to our current location. There were some co workers at our office who were causing so much trouble. I guess you would call them adult bullies. They came to work every day with an attitude and seemed to enjoy attacking people. The resulting stress of having to deal with that plus having a child with a tense personality at home sent my stress levels through the roof.

After 2 years of dealing with the ongoing stress is when the panic attacks started. That led to the doctor visit and prescription for ativan. It was only meant to be temporary with a switch to prozac. It was because my CNS didn't handle the prozac well that a prescription to celexa came next. Again, I had bad reactions. That led to trazadone. Again, bad reactions.

By this time, my regular doctor simply told me to wait until a new head pysch could be stationed at the medical center...

Anyway, the rest is history. The stress at work never let up. Then my father died. Then came the legal/personal estate mess, then benzo tolerance, etc....

I feel like I've finally reached a point where life is settling. As long as no major life issues appear, I feel confident that a remeron taper can be done. I won't rush it, however.

Sometimes I ask myself... Should I have ever started an A/D? If I look back at all the issues I was dealing with, perhaps the remeron really did benefit me and was necessary to help pull me through the difficult times? I've read that mental pain hurts every bit as much as physical pain. And like physical pain, mental pain requires treatment. Sometimes physical pain can be treated without meds but sometimes meds are necessary. I guess thats how I feel about my remeron use.

Looking at your last posting, V, reminds me that you also were going through some ongoing complicated life issues... I certainly don't feel alone in that. Sometimes having a good source of moral support can make all the difference. Ironically, I didn't discover the forum until after my benzo taper. If a person can make it through benzos without an A/D, I certainly support that and I would say that our feelings about it are much the same.

I might try to check back to the forum later. Then, it's off to late shift work again! Probably won't be in bed till 3:00am. Tomorrow, wife has school meeting to go to so that will be a good time for me to respond and post.

Thanks V and PrettyD for the support :thumbsup:

Hi PrettyD :)

So glad to hear your Dad is out of the hospital and got his heart checked out.

Sorry to hear that he still has issues... Perhaps time will heal the rest. I did say a prayer for him as I was reading your post. Sometimes that's all we can do. Again, I 'm glad that his heart is doing well at least as far as the doctor is concerned.

Hi V

My situation with meds got to be somewhat complicated for a spell. I just had a series of years that carried hardships.

It really started after we moved to our current location. There were some co workers at our office who were causing so much trouble. I guess you would call them adult bullies. They came to work every day with an attitude and seemed to enjoy attacking people. The resulting stress of having to deal with that plus having a child with a tense personality at home sent my stress levels through the roof.

After 2 years of dealing with the ongoing stress is when the panic attacks started. That led to the doctor visit and prescription for ativan. It was only meant to be temporary with a switch to prozac. It was because my CNS didn't handle the prozac well that a prescription to celexa came next. Again, I had bad reactions. That led to trazadone. Again, bad reactions.

By this time, my regular doctor simply told me to wait until a new head pysch could be stationed at the medical center...

Anyway, the rest is history. The stress at work never let up. Then my father died. Then came the legal/personal estate mess, then benzo tolerance, etc....

I feel like I've finally reached a point where life is settling. As long as no major life issues appear, I feel confident that a remeron taper can be done. I won't rush it, however.

Sometimes I ask myself... Should I have ever started an A/D? If I look back at all the issues I was dealing with, perhaps the remeron really did benefit me and was necessary to help pull me through the difficult times? I've read that mental pain hurts every bit as much as physical pain. And like physical pain, mental pain requires treatment. Sometimes physical pain can be treated without meds but sometimes meds are necessary. I guess thats how I feel about my remeron use.

Looking at your last posting, V, reminds me that you also were going through some ongoing complicated life issues... I certainly don't feel alone in that. Sometimes having a good source of moral support can make all the difference. Ironically, I didn't discover the forum until after my benzo taper. If a person can make it through benzos without an A/D, I certainly support that and I would say that our feelings about it are much the same.

I might try to check back to the forum later. Then, it's off to late shift work again! Probably won't be in bed till 3:00am. Tomorrow, wife has school meeting to go to so that will be a good time for me to respond and post.

Thanks V and PrettyD for the support :thumbsup:

Hi Pang,

First off - a big shout out and a thank you for being such a support to me early off! I used Remeron too - and I wrote you - and you made me feel at ease for that, so thanks! :) I'm almost 2 years off, and I wanted to share with you how I tapered the last 3.75 of Rem - in case you want to do this:

I had a liquid Remeron made up at a compounding pharmacy by having my doctor write a script for a 1:1 suspension - so that I could taper the last 3mg low and slow without dry-cutting inaccurately. That helped so much! By 1:1, I mean that the script was written for:

Mirtazepine 1mg/ 1ml suspension. THis is why I did it:  If I wanted to take 3mg of Remeron, I only had to measure 3ml of the liquid. The 1:1 made it the SAME - no converting - no math.  I went about .1mg (ml) a week.  So, I took 3ml for a week, 2.9 for a week, 2.8, etc.  Going that slow, if I ever had a bump, I could hold at that dose without any drastic issues happening.  I never lost any sleep or had any insomnia issues that way.  I am STILL healing from benzos, so I had to factor that in and just go slow. But I'm glad I did. :)

Also - utilizing 3grams (1000mg) of extra-pure fish oil "boosts" an anti-depressant's mood enhancing capabilities and can aid in withdrwawal from one. I took and still take this dose and it did wonders for my mood as I got off the rest of the Rem.

Hopefully this helps. You were a big help to me.

:)Parker

Thanks so much Parker for the really kind words and the heads up on your remeron tapering method :thumbsup:

It looks like you are completely med free and had a relatively easy remeron taper. I congratulate you on your success a hundred fold!!

I will certainly look into your method for tapering when the time comes. A liquid suspension certainly eliminates the frustrations of dry cutting.

I have also been using a fish oil supplement for about 3 years. I always take one a day, usually in the morning. I may consider taking two when the taper comes. Thanks for the advise about this. I was unaware of fish oil benefits regarding A/D tapering.

How long has it been since your remeron taper? I'm glad to hear that your method lessened any insomnia issues. That is a big one for me. Last September-January, I had the opportunity to be on days full time when a co worker was out on extended sick leave. I tell you Parker that I have not slept that well during that time than since being a teenager! I really feel that a lot of my sleep issues have had more to do with my schedule than meds.

I am confident that with the new work/sleep schedule plus your advise, I should be home free by next year!

Again, I congratulate you. I'm very pleased that the advise I gave you helped you through your experience.

Hope to see many more times on the forum! :)

Hey Parker.  Glad you are doing well in your recovery and taper from the benzo and remeron.  How long has it been since you are benzo free?  What are your remaining issues if any?

Pange.  Sounds like you are doing great and coping with work and home life well.

Best,

V

Hello vertigo:).. How have you Ben.. Been a long time.. I'm coming up on two years off yay... In a bad wave this week and hoping it ends soon... Wish to know how you are.. This is the first wave I have had in forever so it's hard.. Let me know how you are:)..Alanis

Hi all

Had a late night at work with a 2:00am bedtime. Tomorrow, it's rise and shine at 6:20am for a 10 1/2 hour shift starting at 7:15am. ???

Felt worn today but otherwise in good spirits. :)

Hope all post benzo members have a nice weekend

And also a 'hi' to alanis and a congratulations on being benzo free!