MTHFR gene mutation making W/D process worse?

[Be...]

I am glad I found this thread and others like it. I remember my old doctor had ordered a dna test for me to find out which anti-depressant to be on. I pulled the paperwork and sure enough, it stated that I had tested for 2 alleles of the MTHFR gene and recommended supplementation with l-methylfolate as well as an SNRI/SSRI. I had gone to her to get Wellbutrin and completely ignored this info.

Now I'm reading the horror stories about trying to supplement b12 and methylfolate. As I do not have insurance, bloodwork to test my actual folate levels is out of the question. I think I'm going to wait until fully recovered to try to approach this, yet at the same time I'm desperate for anything that might help, As someone said before, though, it's playing Russian roulette and I've never been a very lucky person.

Knowing I have this makes a HUGE difference, though. I'm reading all about it and how I have suffered from depression and addiction my entire life and always wonder what is so inherently wrong with me. I was adopted, so I have no family history to go by for anything so dna testing is definitely eye-opening for me. Now it makes sense that I took benzos (or analogue benzos) for under 3 months and am suffering so much for it.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [Sm...]

• [fi...]

• [Ma...]

Top Posters In This Topic