Important Survey - Please Participate ×

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Yeah soggy....I don't consider any of us protracted.  Two years seems par for the course and protracted really means your not seeing any improvements. 

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [No...]

• [Gr...]

• [dr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone else jumps I'd probably be willing to. But I'm still 2 months from 18

Congrats on 17 Marj. It's a long way to come. I barely right behind you.

Sig....if people end up jumping to an extended thread....nobody is getting left behind who wants to move over......I personally don't like the term "protracted"....for me it is just what it is until it isnt.  But I do like looking at 6 month chunks just because when I wanted to give up at month 7 talked myself into going "6 more months"....and then 6 more months.....and here I am committing to yet another 6 months...my priority is to do whatever the group wants to do....that keeps the group together.  We have come too fat together ....I couldnt handle it if everyone was scattered all around the forum......coop

Yeah soggy....I don't consider any of us protracted.  Two years seems par for the course and protracted really means your not seeing any improvements.

Thanks for the clarification drew! That makes sense to me. I didn't think of it that way.

If everyone else jumps I'd probably be willing to. But I'm still 2 months from 18

Congrats on 17 Marj. It's a long way to come. I barely right behind you.

Sig....if people end up jumping to an extended thread....nobody is getting left behind who wants to move over......I personally don't like the term "protracted"....for me it is just what it is until it isnt.  But I do like looking at 6 month chunks just because when I wanted to give up at month 7 talked myself into going "6 more months"....and then 6 more months.....and here I am committing to yet another 6 months...my priority is to do whatever the group wants to do....that keeps the group together.  We have come too fat together ....I couldnt handle it if everyone was scattered all around the forum......coop

Agreed!  :laugh:

On this thread moving thing... We all found our way here from the 6-12 month thread and that was at least six months ago when we were much worse at navigating... Everything! I think we'd all find our way. And what I find really cool is that other people have continued that thread because it's where they're at. I love that. It feels like a strange benzo legacy, laying down a trail for others to continue. I just like the idea of the accuracy of it, of people in our boat being able to find us and each other.

Coop-

Your words, as always, are so helpful. It is a strange gift to hear that my symptoms are not mine alone. Your description, the veil, is apt for this weird thinking. The arguing that goes in in my mind between the frightened side and the rational side. And I do recognize that what is different after all these months is that finally there is a stronger rational voice to fight the fear. Tired but stronger.

Love you soooo much.

Love the thread whatever the name.

Peace2

Peace, I think it's a big bounce forward when the rational begins to over shadow the benzo lost-ness and fear of everything and nothing....You are stronger MightyGirl, but you started out with a will steel....Someday we are not going to be this tired ....from just trying to have a life while dragging around a 2 ton bag of benzo poop.......love to you too.....coop

Peace, I think it's a big bounce forward when the rational begins to over shadow the benzo lost-ness and fear of everything and nothing....You are stronger MightyGirl, but you started out with a will steel....Someday we are not going to be this tired ....from just trying to have a life while dragging around a 2 ton bag of benzo poop.......love to you too.....coop

I read this as: someday we are not going to be this tired from just trying to save a life. Wo. That.

Well ... while I am having a nice long sleep my Buddies start talking about re-decorating the house ...  :laugh:

I think these posts about shifting are very thoughtful ... legacy is good way to frame it ... I hadn't thought about it in that way before ... I think it would be helpful to leave the numbers in a new thread ... 18 - 30 sounds about right ...

One of the things we "do" on this thread, and the previous ones, is that we "concentrate" a story of several folks on this journey ... it may well be time to re-brand this community and shift ... and everyone is always welcome, no matter the numbers on the thread header ...

And ... it is always good to acknowledge Time as our healer ...

One way to look at this ... we are not "moving" ... we are just raising the next flag on our way to our healing ...

Perhaps all we need to do is leave a post here that we have shifted to another thread ... the active community stays together and we can all have breakfast together over there ...

:smitten:

Had a pretty good day yesterday ... was active all day ... nice to be moving around and not feel like I was dragging that bag around ...

This morning ... well ... a little flu-ish ... and it is early again ... woke up at 3 AM, but went to sleep at 8 PM ...

Had another talk with my veggie farmer/vendor yesterday ... looks like my little part-time job is going to happen soon ... it would be Saturday mornings for 6 or 7 hours at a smaller market ... setting up, pushing carrots on unsuspecting folks, and cleaning up ... a pleasant retirement project ... one of the "pieces" I see as my "getting on" with things ...

Another is I am joining an informal tai chi class next Sunday for a few weeks to see how that goes ... testing the waters ... the fledging trying out his new wings ...

Hoping for a good weekend for all of us ...  :thumbsup:

Coop ... I had a about a day and a half of that health fear stuff ... went away again ...

Good to hear you are comfortable with your test results ...

We are gradually getting our stamina back ... once again it is tough to notice most of the time ... onward ...  :smitten:

[quote author=Cooperten link=topic=120249.msg1902625#msg1902625 date=1442021380

Coop, this tickled me.  :laugh:

Well ... since Coop did the first one and Green did the next one ... maybe I will do this one ...

Let's go with "18-30 Month Group"

Introduction ...

Some of us stayed in the 6-12 month group and then moved to the 12-18 month group ... now we are moving on to the 18-30 month group ...

All are welcome here ... and for those who have been active in the previous two groups, and for those who were silent partners ... thank you all ... we look forward to seeing you in the new group ...

Nobody gets left behind ...

Be Well ...

So ... any comments? ...

Love it, Nova. Raise that flag and then post the link here if you can.

It's fun to hear about your carrot pedaling project. It sounds like a nice way to spend a Saturday. And tai chi.... Yesterday I was on a fieldtrip and there were parent chaperones. One set of chaperones, a mom and dad, are yogis, 'master yogis'. They were so present and expansive and totally in love with each other and the world around them. This kind if thing can sometimes seem forced or too good to be true or maybe annoying. But these two were such a vision of authentic peace. It was a gift to be with them, an inspiration. I feel like tai chi can bring forth some of this same peace. So, I commend you for reaching toward it. I feel like this is an old practice for you, another stop on the return trip.

Look for you on the next thread.

Peace2

Today has been so hard. So busy at work that my brain feels literally fried with the most painful neck. All my muscles are burning, internally too and can't breathe properly. 17 months off today. Just want to curl up and cry. Surely, enough suffering  :'(

Sorry for the woe is me.

.....So sorry Marj....17 months is such a very long way...crying.  helps....alot. ...Did it let up at all after you got home? ...I hope you get a walk in ( if you feel up to it) and have chance for a hot soak. .....I am thinking of you.  ....Wishing you a better day tomorrow and a peaceful night......coop

Coop, I'm indebted to you for your encouragement. I can't believe at 17 months it is still so bad. It is like Peace said, still so much damage. I went to pick my daughter up from her French lesson and got a little emotional. We got fish and chips and I had to collect a parcel that had been left with a neighbour who I don't really know. They were packing some boxes into a hire van so I said '' oh, are you moving?''. She said, with a half laugh. I'm staying. So embarrassing. At least we laughed about it when we got home and that seemed to help lighten things a bit.

Today I'm in the spaced out, fatigued, brain crushing group. My house desperately needs cleaning and I just can't do it. I hate that, I look round and despair at how I could whizz around doing chores. It appears I am dragging that huge bag of poop around lol. Oh well, it will have to come to the supermarket with me too.

With regard to the group. I will just follow my buddies  :smitten:

Well ... since Coop did the first one and Green did the next one ... maybe I will do this one ...

Let's go with "18-30 Month Group"

Introduction ...

Some of us stayed in the 6-12 month group and then moved to the 12-18 month group ... now we are moving on to the 18-30 month group ...

All are welcome here ... and for those who have been active in the previous two groups, and for those who were silent partners ... thank you all ... we look forward to seeing you in the new group ...

Nobody gets left behind ...

Be Well ...

So ... any comments? ...

.Nova....I love this....when I read your first post about concentrated stories and leaving a legacy of for those following , I was putting words together to nominate you to usher it in......Then I scrolled through your posts and there it was!.....Thank you so much Nova for initiating an 18- 30  month "home' for our continued group story and individual narritives. ....It seems , to me, perfect that you our Sage and voice of reason would start us out.....thank you....

......One of the things I love about reframing each 6 months or so is that it does concentrate our individual stories....I love our group commitment to answering each others' posts....having a framework in which that is possible ( a smaller focused group of posters) makes that possible. Reframing each six or so months passes the thread onto new  6 '12 month buddies and 13-18 monthers.....and maintains our continuity .....and yes, I agree....every one is welcome who wants to be here.......love to you Nova....we name you the keeper of our 18- 30 month thread.......coop

Had a pretty good day yesterday ... was active all day ... nice to be moving around and not feel like I was dragging that bag around ...

This morning ... well ... a little flu-ish ... and it is early again ... woke up at 3 AM, but went to sleep at 8 PM ...

Had another talk with my veggie farmer/vendor yesterday ... looks like my little part-time job is going to happen soon ... it would be Saturday mornings for 6 or 7 hours at a smaller market ... setting up, pushing carrots on unsuspecting folks, and cleaning up ... a pleasant retirement project ... one of the "pieces" I see as my "getting on" with things ...

Another is I am joining an informal tai chi class next Sunday for a few weeks to see how that goes ... testing the waters ... the fledging trying out his new wings ...

Hoping for a good weekend for all of us ...  :thumbsup:

Nova, ....this all looks like healing to me....so happy to read this. Keeper of the farmers market sounds so 'Nova'....people are going to come to the Saturday Market just to see you and visit over the carrots while unbeknownst to them, soaking in some Nova wisdom.....a friend of mine attends a TC class and she loves it........wow Nova....as Peace says, " the return trip'....you sound so good ....and that makes me so happy....coop

[quote author=Cooperten link=topic=120249.msg1902625#msg1902625 date=1442021380

Coop, this tickled me.  :laugh:

.....Hi Paperboat.. .how are you?....Nice to see you stopping in.....yes. yesterday I had a bad bout of benzo flu, a medical appointment and a day in bed......I made so many typing blunders... all over the thread. ...I type from my smart phone ...need to invest in a small tablet .....I hope you are well and living life in the full.....coop

Marj..  you just sound so exhausted. My heart is with you. My house was so neglected the entire first year of my w/d. It won't always be messy ....in my first year I carved out one corner of my place ( my bedroom) that I kept put together and cheerful... the rest I let go when I couldn't keep up. It drove me nuts because I love a tidy cheerful house, but at least I had a retreat corner that I could hide away in.

.....It won't always be like this....months 17-20 were terrible for me... then things started getting better....You need a weekend at Beulah's Tropical Healing Abbey....I hope you can catch a break this weekend.....Wishing you some rest and thinking of you.....coop

Hi guys,

In about a week I will be at the 2 year mark... I have to say I've seen huge improvement in the last 2 months, things are clearing up. The biggest change I've noticed is my motivation and interest in life has returned. I thought I was through the worst of my depression about 6 months out, but looking back and feeling the way I do now I can see that I was in a low grade depression for a long, long time. I wasn't interested in anything, didn't really want to go anywhere or do anything just a very blah mood. I'm now excited about life again, getting back into old hobbies, recently just made some new friends. I did have a small wave about a week ago, but nothing as bad as it used to be and it was only for about 3-4 days. Just want you all to know, it really does get so much better, so keep going!! Jenny💕👍

Good morning buddies....just an update....my benzo flu seems to be lessening up this morning. Like Nova I had a good day to day and a half of ramped up health fear along with the benzo flu....looks like today won't be a bed day, but probably a low and slow day...I will take it..

....Love the consensus to move our flag up the hill another 500 feet. ...on my way to take the dog out...have my sorry little decaf coffee... ( actually I should be glad that I can do even decaf).. 

.....Wishing everyone some bright warm sunbreaks for today

See you at the next base camp....next to the flag.

coop

Nova, congrats on the new job! I think it's gonna be a good thing for you :)

If you guys move over to a new thread can someone please pm me and let me know when its up and running, thanks!

Jenny....thank you thank you for your post. It is a blast of hope . I am so so happy to hear how well you are. It is such a long long travel. Wonderful that you have your life back ...

Love to you Jenny.......coop