Important Survey - Please Participate ×

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Drew,

Thank you so much for responding to me on the mentoring thread.  I am so discouraged by this relentless symptom of cortisol surging that has been with me the whole 10 months since I jumped.  I just can't keep putting up with this another day, but what choice do I have?  I am not "accepting" this process today.  Can you tell?  Grrrrr.

Love Sofa.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [No...]

• [Gr...]

• [dr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people have had luck with an adrenal cocktail drank before bed and around 10am to limit surges.  It has nothing "dangerous" and it may be worth a shot.  It is 4oz of fresh squeezed OJ, 1/4 teaspoon on Himalayan Sea Salt(trader joes), and 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar.  Start slow and see what happens.  as usual, some people swear by it and others say it does nothing.  I tried it and was unsure if it worked as they just drop off for me.  Most importantly I had no negative issues with it. 

all in all a much better day.  Just back to old regular crap.  Hit with a small adrenaline rush at 11am as usual.  A little amped now since I had a 45 minute meeting in a conference room with my team.  My partner asked if I had ear probles cause I kept clicking my jaw.  I said "nope..it's my newest tick but it is way better than all tehpanic attacks I used to get"  :crazy:    Onward!

Drew ... glad you had a better day ...

This wave I am in has the same pattern as one I had last winter ... the big difference is that I am very functional ... just feel like crap ...

Have a good evening ...  :thumbsup:

Hey.12-18 month buds...I have an eye floater question. I developed those  vitrious floaters this spring....blobby bubbles that came and went and the floating  knats....had the eye exam from hell and they were nothing and became infrequent....here is the question: ...now one eye gets these threads and strings ...black...out of the blue....they only last a few minutes and disappear

Today I had 2 episodes.  I have not called the eye doctor yet, but I know I should. It has ramped my health fears back up to 110. ..need the belly breathing ....the whole riding a panic sensation....I am going to call the doctor but first I wanted to hear a y voices of reason  that see this and answer back....So this is an s.o.s.......if you have had this ...help help.....coop

Thanks for the responses drew and nova. It's always appreciated.

Coop I'd say you probably shouldn't worry about the floaters much really. Everyone has them. Just some people have more than others. They are especially noticeable for people with bad nearsightedness. I have extremely poor vision (-7 in each eye) and have seen floaters since I was about 11 years old. I barely ever notice them anymore. Yeah they aren't any fun, but that won't hurt you. Just bits of protein floating around. You just had your eyes checked not too long ago. hope you feel better. Try not to get ramped up about it. I actually play games moving my eyes fast and watching floaters like a snow globe.  :D

I'm worn out, but what's new. My friend is nearly here. Which is cool. Haven't seen him in about 6 years. He lived in Seattle for about 8 years. Kind of your neck of the woods coop.

Sig...thank you so much for the reply. The snowy floaters don't bother me at all.  But the 9nes I am getting on one now are like srtrings..or threads... they do go away I am all flipped out because they are different than the ones 9 am used to. They just showed up a few times last week.  So my question is.  When you get them , do you get the thread and string like ones as well as the 'knats' and grey snow....thanks so much Sig...

I get me coop.  Lines going up and down. Almost like lasers.  My eyes were checked and the insides photographed. I have beautiful eyes and was told not to worry.

Thanks Drew.. I get the laser flashes too...do you get the black thread/string effect ...it's like I have a bunch of black threads sqiggling over part of my eye...then it goes away after a little bit. ..thank you so much Drew.  I know you totally get the health fear 0-60.  Thanks Drew.

Yeah I have a few stringy ones. Probably just the protein getting clumped together. It depends on the lighting wherever I am on how noticeable they are. I have my eyes checked once a year and I'm not worried that anything is wrong during that time. I'm almost 42 and have been aware of the floaters since I was about 11. They usually test for glaucoma and usually you shouldn't need that tested more than once a year unless there was some other indication for it.

Hey Coop ... you have strings ...Siggy has gnats ... I have amoebas ... Drew has liney lasers ... hmmm ...

There must be a ditty in there somewhere ...

I have been told the same as Siggy ... protein ... totally harmless ...  :thumbsup:

Mine are not regular visitors ... they come and go ...

Ok...my apologies for the eye freak out..  haven't had a health fear freak out for awhile....looked up the eye drops prescribed for my eyes following my eye exam this spring....sure enough it has the same ingredient ( tetrahydrozoline chloride) in it as the drops they used in my eye exam...  side effects: .. severe anxiety, tremors, elevated bp, headache.  I used my eye drops this morning and this afternoon....maybe explains some of the anxiety and freak out. ..

......Things are settled now....won't be putting anything in my eyes except 100% saline.  coop

Marj, Coop, Nova, Drew, thanks for welcoming me so warmly. It is nighttime where I am so I hope you are all getting good sleep or WILL get good sleep when it is time for you.

Sorry to hear about those eye drops, Coop. I had never heard of eye drops causing anxiety before, that is wild! Good thing you thought to investigate it. I hope you are not having any more flare-ups.

Marj, I really related to a lot of what you said about your family. It has been a really rough couple of days for me as I felt I was really starting to show some progress after passing a year, and then I slipped backward into a wave. I feel almost as bad as I did at six or seven months. I am really upset about how much pain this has put my family through and about how much it has strained our relationships. But I am trying to hold on to my hope that we can all feel better. I have improved before and I have to trust it will happen again. I think that will happen for your family too.

Bless you all for getting through your trials. You help me to have hope.  :smitten:

Ok...my apologies for the eye freak out..  haven't had a health fear freak out for awhile....looked up the eye drops prescribed for my eyes following my eye exam this spring....sure enough it has the same ingredient ( tetrahydrozoline chloride) in it as the drops they used in my eye exam...  side effects: .. severe anxiety, tremors, elevated bp, headache.  I used my eye drops this morning and this afternoon....maybe explains some of the anxiety and freak out. ..

......Things are settled now....won't be putting anything in my eyes except 100% saline.  coop

I'm glad you posted this! My eye doc gave me drops a few weeks ago. I was hesitant. I looked at the ingredients and got nervous. My gut was telling me not to use them. I'm not!

Coop ... yep ... another day in the dance ... tough morning ... wrestling with the health fear stuff ... and ... just plain in a wave ...

And, all is not lost ... managed to blanche and freeze some veggies ... just wish I hadn't started ... oh well, they are done ...

Good to hear your anxiety/depression is staying away ...  :thumbsup:

......Nova... I hate it that you had a visit from the health fear beast today....it is so exhausting to distract from them....how does one climb out of one's body?.....Just stopping by for a minute to see if your health fear let up. ....Hope so.. ...Wishing you some restful sleep.....coop

Good morning all...

Coop-how wonderful that you are juat laying in bed without your mind scanning for problems. 

Siggy-It was 85 in my house at night.  ugh...  Heat makes me way worse

Nova-hopefully this will pass in a few hours.  YOu and coop and really inspiring right now.

I can tell my adrenaline surges are starting to peter out.  had some through the night but nothing alarming and keeping me up the whole time.  Seems to be a pattern 1-2 days after my migraine leaves I get surges like crazy.  I am sure they will leave as I heal further.  Also, my exhaustion was incredible.  Just walking around my house I would get winded with a racing heart.  Glad everything seems dialed down a notch right now. 

At my work desk and in that tenuous place after being beat up by a bad wave.  Feeling like I can revert back into it at a moments notice.  Going to try and remain low key and I have accupuncture in a few hours.

....Drew, so glad for you that things are a notch or two lower. Relaxation alone is a perfect reason for accupuncture, accupressure, massage, retail therapy, chocolate therapy....whatever gets us from one sunbreak to the next.

.....Really hoping you get a decent night of rest....hoping things are on the upswing for you now......thanks for your help with the eye freak out....much better now......coop

Thanks for the responses drew and nova. It's always appreciated.

Coop I'd say you probably shouldn't worry about the floaters much really. Everyone has them. Just some people have more than others. They are especially noticeable for people with bad nearsightedness. I have extremely poor vision (-7 in each eye) and have seen floaters since I was about 11 years old. I barely ever notice them anymore. Yeah they aren't any fun, but that won't hurt you. Just bits of protein floating around. You just had your eyes checked not too long ago. hope you feel better. Try not to get ramped up about it. I actually play games moving my eyes fast and watching floaters like a snow globe.  :D

I'm worn out, but what's new. My friend is nearly here. Which is cool. Haven't seen him in about 6 years. He lived in Seattle for about 8 years. Kind of your neck of the woods coop.

....Sig..  You will have a great visit with your friend...yep, I am right over the mountains from Seattle. Spokane is the plain Jane sister of Seattle. Seattle is so much more progressive ....some of that dribbles over to us ( thank goodness). I love love love Seattle, but it is very expensive to live there. Some people commute into Seattle as much as 100 miles each way to thier jobs in Seattle and live in the outlying areas.. 

..Wishing you SLEEP.....coop

Good Morning ... at 3 AM ... got some sleep ...

The health fear stuff is so confusing for me that I was reluctant to go to sleep ... I just "knew" that I would wake up to a dreadful place if I did ... well, I didn't ... "knew" that too, but the health fear internal dialogue is a side effect I still have issues with ...

Feel pretty good this early morning ... just another 4-5 day wave ....  :thumbsup:

Rapunzelblue ... after acute, there seems to be a stretch of time for some of us where we feel like we are moving back and forth, in and out of acute again ...

And ... even though it feels like that, I don't believe we do move back and forth, in and out of acute ...

Acute does seem to be a discrete period of time, followed by a period of time where we move towards that sense of clarity returning ... and for some of us we can experience this stretch of time as the "doldrums", where we feel that nothing is happening ... that we are just stuck in an endless series of days and months and nothing will ever change ...

And ... whatever we are experiencing day to day, we are constantly moving towards our healing ...we are coming to a place where our individual "usual" or "normal" re-emerges ...

Hope you got a good rest as well ...  :thumbsup:

Coop ... good to hear things settled out for you ...

Another cautionary tale about our sensitivity to things ... we do the best we can, live and learn some more about what can be disruptive to our bodies ...  :smitten:

Morning all,

Sorry I haven't been around much, just trying to squeeze in a little bit of living. I'm back to good day bad day..but the bad days are a little better.

I had a temper tantrum from hell yesterday, I don't know what set it off but I thought my blood pressure was high...it was actually a little low. My husband must truly love me to put up with me, I really don't understand where these moods of rage come from..maybe my body is just tired of all this crap.

I went shopping yesterday and bought some new craft stuff to keep me busy this winter. I also bought some candy molds that I will use to make goodies for the upcoming holidays.

Coop, glad you read about the eye drops..that must have been so scary for you..we can't be to careful these days.

Nova- I'm making split pea soup with ham...don't be late. ;)

Hope you all have the best day you can. Healing happens!!  :smitten:

Rapunzelblue ... after acute, there seems to be a stretch of time for some of us where we feel like we are moving back and forth, in and out of acute again ...

And ... even though it feels like that, I don't believe we do move back and forth, in and out of acute ...

Acute does seem to be a discrete period of time, followed by a period of time where we move towards that sense of clarity returning ... and for some of us we can experience this stretch of time as the "doldrums", where we feel that nothing is happening ... that we are just stuck in an endless series of days and months and nothing will ever change ...

And ... whatever we are experiencing day to day, we are constantly moving towards our healing ...we are coming to a place where our individual "usual" or "normal" re-emerges ...

Hope you got a good rest as well ...  :thumbsup:

Thanks so much, Nova. That is a really helpful perspective! I think I did get some sleep but I woke up in a panicked fear state just like in acute. I will keep reminding myself that everything is progressing as it should, and I am healing. I really appreciate you sending me those reassuring words! I hope the wave soon passes for you as well. Health fears are terrible, but all of these terrible things are also a sign that our brains are relearning how to have fear in a healthy way. I'll be thinking of you.  :smitten:

Beulah ... I am getting the broomstick out of the closet ... should be there for dinner time ...  :thumbsup:

Tantrums ... haven't got a clue where they come from, but they sure do have some energy ... it is curious how they can just show up out of the blue ... oh well ... it is what it is until it isn't ...

Have a good day ...  :smitten:

Rapunzelblue ... that waking up is an agitated state, or being woken up with that stuff ... some call it toxic sleep ... just another variation on a theme ... they do clear up at some point ... until then, well, just recognizing what is going on sometimes is helpful ...

Yep ... my last wave seems to have gone the way of the dodo ... back to my usual head pressure and some benzo belly this morning ... not bad for an old fella ...

Hope you have a quiet day ...  :thumbsup: