Sex on a taper

[Ba...]

I feel terrible for my husband but my sex drive is virtually zero due to this taper (very very unlike me).

I do however want to show my appreciation for him so I make the effort as often as I can. I would have thought the endorphins would help? Do they for anyone else out there?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ba...]

• [Ba...]

• [th...]

• [lo...]

It is like everything else, totally unpredictable. Usually have no drive, then one night will all of a sudden have intense urge to have sex. Very weird. Sometimes I do feel better afterwards, and sometimes not. But more than only occasionally, definitely makes me worse. Good luck.

That's a hefty dose of valium you are coming down from, don't rush yourself, wishing you the best.

Zippo urge to have sex. Although I think about it constantly. Prob bc I wish so badly that things were diff. I think it's a mixture of zero libido and feeling like crap that holds me back.....more so the feeling like crap....I mean most days I am fighting to just stay alive!! Riddled with panic attacks, DP/DR, extreme nausea, exhaustion, sweats, excruciating pain....why would I want to have sex! Cancer patients in chemo certainly don't! I do have lots of guilt bc of it. My poor husband. I love him so much. I try "occasionally" but it's not nearly what I want for our relationship. It's been this way for many years since I went into tol wd. He is a kind and patient man but I know he is frustrated with all of this and wants his wife back  :-\. There are moments "during" that I forget about my syx though. Not every time, but occasionally. I just hope I can become me again one day!!! Making this part of my relationship a priority is on the top of my list of things I hope can change at the end of this process.

G

When i quit xanax, i either had sex each day since then or plesured myself

Will u marry me? :smitten:

Seriously, you would be disappointed, because my libido is terrible.  My poor wife.

I have been very stress about sex, me and by boyfriend have been having enough troubles and he lives a half hour away and i havent seen him in almost 2 months and he is coming over monday to stay a few days and I know he's going to expect sex and I don't know if i will be able too. I'm scared to talk to him about it because I tried to open up to him about my taper and he just kinda ignored it.

I lost my libido after 2 or 3 Years of starting taking Clonazepam (Rivotril). During my taper my libido is starting to show! Very few times, but it is actually slightly improved! I was on Rivotril for so many years!that I think I reached tolerance many Years ago. And now, on the good days, I have feelings, tears, libido, emotions...despite horrible mind sympthoms, my body is awakening!

::)

For the first time, I feel lucky that I am single. I wish I were Jerry's wife, so we'd both have the same problem.

Benzogirl! Your message :thumbsup:Made me laugh a lot!, me hizo reír mucho!

I always found sex to be therapeutic. Its such a great workout so we were both tired afterwards. I slept well. So it helped combat the insomnia. It still works well for that.  8) I love my wife. 8)

Sno

Sex makes me feel better. It usually ends with about an hour that I feel totally relaxed and symptom free. My wife and I regularly schedule it for Saturday night to keep it active. It works and my performance has not suffered any (or so she tells me). She seems as into it as she always was and I still enjoy it as much.

Brian

That is a very hard part of my tapering. I feel bad because he has needs and so I accommodate them. Even thinking about it is upsetting. Figuring out ways to fake it. Trying so hard not to show it in my face that is the last thing I want. I wish I were single. He has given me so much and takes good care of me so A receptacle– Is not ugly but it's true that's how I feel

That is a very hard part of my tapering. I feel bad because he has needs and so I accommodate them. Even thinking about it is upsetting. Figuring out ways to fake it. Trying so hard not to show it in my face that is the last thing I want. I wish I were single. He has given me so much and takes good care of me so A receptacle– Is not ugly but it's true that's how I feel

I understand.

G

I definitely enjoy having sex lol  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

the issue currently for me, however is not the orgasms, but the vaginal dryness  >:(

my partner thinks it's as if he isn't desirable in my eyes nowadays, b/c I don't ejaculate

like I used to ..

he also suggested another thing , that would turn him on ( don't want to get banned sooo I won't mention )

but the first letter of this word is " s  "...but I can't do that either lol , vaginal dryness is beyond annoying,

it's like his mission , took it upon himself, to make things more pleasurable for me. I appreciate it

but until I get bk to how I used to be... i'll be a desert for a bit..  :-\

I read somewhere that a w/d sx is either vaginal dryness or it's a lot down there.. wish I had the latter  :laugh:..

Well we did last night. And we have done so before during this taper. I do notice it takes far longer for me to climax than usual and the climax's are less long.

Didn't make me feel crap though. But I did have a later night than usual and with today being a cut day I am not feeling tip top. (I know that's psychological - as I won't feel the cut until either quality of sleep tonight, or in a few days).

There is a product that I use and it does work.  Its in the line of k-y jelly, you will know if you are getting the right one as it explains its use.  Good luck, Kay

I'm def. finding myself distracted from my sx, when reading this thread... :laugh:

:thumbsup:  (note the firm, erect thumb)  ;)

O...M...G!!

Haha...