• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [...]

• [Di...]

• [Ju...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say without knowing more, but generally if it was sudden and intense I'd look for something else like a food you have not eaten in a while or a new medicine.  A missed dose?

Holding is the thing to do right now.  You cut for 28 days and did well so I think you that cut is right for you.

Let me know if you want to adjust your doses.

Hi SG

If you were at my stage now, how would you dose?

I am scared to make anything worse but I see the sense in even dosing.

Thank you.

I understand.  When you have something that is working, or at least good enough, why change?  But FWIW, here is what I would do at 4.6mg x3 per day.

6am - 1mg dry, .533mg wet

2pm - same

10pm - same

To get this I'd use three 2mg tabs.  I'd split the first two in half to get my three dry doses and use the fourth half the next morning.  Then, with the last full 2mg pill I'd put it into milk like you now do (we can work out how much depending on what you want are comfortable with), draw my cut and split the rest into three jars for the day.

I remember you had a reaction to the milk switch last time. That may happen again as this involves dosing more with milk (1.5mg per day).

Thank you SG :)

I will hold here until things calm down and look at changing the dose schedule as you wrote above.

I really appreciate all your help.

:smitten:

Here's another dose option to think about, MAA.  I don't know if you need to dose 3x.  If so then disregard, but most on V can do two...

6am - 2mg dry, .3mg wet

6pm - same

This would be the same as what you are doing now and has the advantage of not changing the daily amount of V-milk.  Basically it takes your current noon dose and moves half to 6am and half to 6pm.

Hi SG

Still feeling bad, day 3 now of wave. I am just hanging in not changing anything. It will ease up soon right if I have stopped cutting for a few days?

Any hope greatly appreciated.

Maa

You were good during the taper process then it went south and you kept tapering for 3-4 more days.  Now you have held for three and no improvement.  Have I got that right?

I would not think a few days is enough to derail your taper so holding should do the trick, but another good strategy is to go back to the dose you last felt good at and hold there until good again. What do you think?  Do you want to try that?

What bugs me is you seem to describe getting hit hard and it makes me wonder if there was something else that caused a sudden drop in dose.

Hi SG

I started walking 30-40 mins a day last week just before I started with the headaches. I hadn't done proper exercise for a couple of months at least. I also had female hormone stuff going on last week too (sorry if tmi) - maybe these things contributed. I stopped cutting on Friday, was okayish over the weekend but hit harder the past 3 days. I stopped cutting at 4.6 - should I try going back to 4.7 or higher?

Thank you.

Maa

Aha!  Hormones.  That is a possibility for sure.  Find a post by Diaz-Pam and in her sig is a link to hormone stuff.  She may be able to help you with that.

I would not think just walking would cause problems if it is not strenuous.

I'd look up your dose on the day before symptoms first increased and go back to that and hold there for things to settle and look into hormone effects too.

• 1 month later...

Hi There :)

Looking for a little bit of advice please?

Finally stable at 4.75, now ready to move forward again with daily milk taper.

Should I try 0.015ml daily first and see how it works? I did 0.02 before and got slammed as I did not hold at all.

Is it sensible to put in regular holds every 2-3 weeks to avoid a slam?

I dose 2mg pill 6am, .75ml milk noon, 2mg pill 6pm.

I plan on losing the midday dose first and the dosing twice daily only.

Thank you.

Maa  :smitten:

It sounds like you have been dosing with milk for a while now?  And is this 1mg V into 100ml full fat milk?

Yes, at 4.75mg V I think a cautious place to begin is to remove .015mg per day, which for 1mg/100ml is 1.5ml.

I'd hold when you need to, otherwise cut.  It's not going to hurt to hold, but it is not necessary unless your symptoms are increasing.  If symptoms are not increasing that means your body is doing just fine keeping pace.

• 1 month later...

Morning, SG or DP are you at home today  :smitten:

I have a quick question - I am now down at 4.3mg. Taking between 0.015 a day reduction with some holds for hormone fluctuations.

My 100ml initially I only used for one day when I was taking say .75 and I threw away the rest, using the other half of the 2mg tablet the next day to form the new dose.

However, now when I make 1mg per 100ml milk it is lasting 3 days as I can get 3 doses from it.

I know in the beginning I was told it is okay to split the 2mg as long as I used the other half for the next days dose as in within 24 hours.

As this is no longer the case and the 1mg is lasting 3 days will this cause any problems? Also, as so low on midday dose at .3mg I plan to cur this down to zero, and then just dose twice daily at 6/7am and 6/7pm. Do you think this will be okay too?

Hope you are both doing well and thanks for any help.

Maa  :smitten:

Hi MAA, how are you?  How has the taper been going?

That's a good question and good point.  If you use the same batch from a half pill for three days then your concentration will be off for three days in a row then corrected in the other direction for three days.  I don't like it.  I don't like splitting pills at all.  I'd much rather work with whole pills and then split the liquid.  It may be fine, you'd have to try to see, but if it were me I'd make the liquid with a whole pill.  Why introduce this error if not necessary?

On the dosing, it depends on if you ever needed that midday dose.  V often is able to stretch to two doses a day for people without a problem.  Even once sometimes.  If you're one of those people it will be fine.  It looks like you are on 2mg AM/2mg PM/.3mg midday?  Just keep going and see what happens.  I think your chances are very good if you have not felt anything to this point.

Hey SG :)

Glad you are home today :) with regard to how the taper is going, it would be soooo much easier without hormones, in fact if I were a boy I think I would be almost to zero by now :)

Oops, I have been doing the multi day solution since about .5 a few weeks back :(

I am not sure how else to do it as my maths are poor right now? Don't want to throw away drugs/milk if necessary?

Can you help me with the numbers. I will eradicate the .3 and then just have 2mg am and 2mg pm.

Thank you very much.  :smitten:

Hi SG

I need to eradicate the .3 first. At present I am dropping the 1mg pill in 100ml whole milk and drawing off .3 a day so the milk is lasting 3 days.

How can I eradicate the .3 without splitting pills etc and the milk.lasting several days. I guess which is the most accurate way of eradicating that dose with whole milk from .3

I take off 0.015 daily or sometimes just 0.01 if I am feeling symptoms.

Thank you  :smitten:

I think you can avoid splitting pills, but I don't think you can avoid having the milk last for three days.  In fact, if you use a whole pill the milk will last six days as there would be 2mg in it as opposed to 1mg.

But here is how you can do that.  Instead of a 1mg half pill, use the whole 2mg pill.  This doubles the concentration so you just use half as much to get the same dose.  For example, instead of dosing 30ml you'd dose 15ml.  Instead of cutting 1.5ml you'd cut .75ml.

But when you do this the milk will last twice as long, which is fine as long as it doesn't spoil.

Thanks SG :)

Just letting you know I started this morning dropping the 2mg pill in 100ml. I am now down at .28 so I will draw .14 today and take it.

I may be back for more maths lessons :)

Thank you very much.

Maa :)

Hi There

So, I started the 2mg pill in 100ml 2 days ago and I am slammed today with bad symptoms. I know I have drawn off the correct amount so I  thinking my body doesn't like the higher concentration?

Should I drop a 2mg pill in 200ml instead? I only have 100ml jars currently. Do I need bigger jars???

I was doing so well before, any advice please. My generic diazepam was also changed at same time. I am calling my pharmacy today to request a change back too.

Thank you

Maa

MAA, It sounds like it is either due to the new pill brand or the fact that you are liquifying an extra mg, or both.  The pill-to-liquid effect that people feel will happen each time you liquify more pill.  I don't think it has anything to do with the amount of milk or the concentration.  It is simply the fact that more drug has been liquified.  And it should be temporary just as before.  I'd wait it out, or you can updose a small amount to correct it.