I want to start tapering, but I have to do it on my own

[Br...]

Brad,

Please don't feel pushed.  When you are ready is up to you.  If you can share the amount you are taking and what, I'm sure someone here will be able to help with your taper plan.  But, again YOU are in complete control.

You have support here if you need it.

Try

I have probably taken as much as 12 mg on a weekend day.  Throughout the course of the entire day.  Never that much during the week, because I wouldn't be able to function at work.  I actually only take a half in the morning during the week, and occasionally I'll take the other half in the afternoon. 

I'm just taking SO much on weekends that I almost feel hopeless

So, today is Friday.  Any plans for the weekend to help keep your use down?  Do you have support at home?

It helps to include your benzodiazepine information in your posts.  To make that easier by adding it to each post automatically, you can go up to Profile, choose Forum Profile, write the information in the text box and click Change Profile.  Thanks…

I'll try doing that, but I'm posting from work so need to post fast.  Sadly, I'm single so not much to do this weekend.  And including my use in my posts would be difficult because it varries so much.  Like yesterday, I actually was sticking to my 4 mg, and when I took my first one around 5:30 it made me so sleepy that I fell asleep.  When I woke back up, I took the seroquel (Which I dont plan on tapering because its non-narcotic) and went to sleep.  So I actually only took 2 mg yesterday.  But I don't want days like that to make me think I can do that all the time with no withdrawl effects. 

I haven't posted in a few days because I had my typical weekend binge.  Didn't even bother counting.  Today I've taken .75 mg and I feel ok.  I will take the last 1.25 before bed, and that will be my four for the day.  I hate myself sometimes.