Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Question about Kapidex (prevacid)

[je...]

I was given Kapidex (Which is similar to prevacid) by my GI Dr. for some stomach issues I'm having.

I took a dose yesterday morning and felt weird all day thought is was maybe just W/D but this morning when I woke up I was actually feeling good before I took my second dose. Now again I'm feeling the same way. Very lightheaded and dizzy and heavy head feeling have a hard time standing up since I feel so off balance..... Strange

Is it possible this drug could be affecting my W/D in some way since it eliminates stomach acid?? Has anyone heard of that happening before?

Thanks,

Jenn

I was given Kapidex (Which is similar to prevacid) by my GI Dr. for some stomach issues I'm having.

I took a dose yesterday morning and felt weird all day thought is was maybe just W/D but this morning when I woke up I was actually feeling good before I took my second dose. Now again I'm feeling the same way. Very lightheaded and dizzy and heavy head feeling have a hard time standing up since I feel so off balance..... Strange

Is it possible this drug could be affecting my W/D in some way since it eliminates stomach acid?? Has anyone heard of that happening before?

Thanks,

Jenn

You might want to ask the pharmacist if that is a side effect of the medicine. Did you do any of your own research? You can do a forum search by clicking "forum" at the top of the page and then typing "prevacid" in the search box. You might want to google it also.

I tried looking it up but did not see anything that related to it revving up symptoms..... :-\.

The heavy head feeling and dizziness has gotten a little better as time has gone on and this is exactly what happened yesterday as well so I'm not sure what to think. 

I tried looking it up but did not see anything that related to it revving up symptoms..... :-\.

The heavy head feeling and dizziness has gotten a little better as time has gone on and this is exactly what happened yesterday as well so I'm not sure what to think. 

I don't recall anyone ever complaining about dizziness while take prevacid, maybe someone will stop by to share their experiences.

Thanks,

Jenn

I've been on prevacid for years, Jenn, so didn't go on or off it during my taper.  I imagine that since it affects the production of stomach acid, it could affect digestion and cause some unwanted side effect.  However, people very often report what is often called a "boaty" feeling intermittently during their taper and even afterward.  So, it may just be coincidence.  Can you tell if it's helping with your stomach issues?