Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Depression....how do you know 4-sure?

[31...]

I am finding myself in a very similar situation.  I have suffered some depression throughout my life, but it always seemed to be because of "something," whether it be a breakup, a bad job situation, or whatever.  Now, my life is about as perfect as it could be except for the benzo flu, and yet I am going through a very deep stage of depression.  It's not just sadness either, it's a "numbness" that has zapped my interest in everything I love.  It feels like my brain has no serotonin. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dearest "Just Breathe",

you don't know how comforting it is to me to just read your user name.  It reminds me to breathe.

Please don't consider yourself a basically "unhappy" person.  I bet others do not see you as being unhappy.

What happens to us in our childhood,  follows us into adulthood.  My father also died when I was a teenager and it was in a stupid game. (too many Vietnam Tours?-PTSD?)

Anyway my therapist once told me that happiness consists of happy moments.

I understand you because I see myself as cynical and sarcastic, so I should follow the advice I just shared.  Easier to give advice then to follow! :yippee:

Much support to you :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

mavila1331

• 2 weeks later...

hello

I tend to agree with Just Breath, allot of what happens to us is about how we react towards what has happened.  I read somewhere that a/d do not hrlp for benzo withdrawal, but maybe for preexisting depression ????  I don't know.

This getting off benzo's seems to be a very long process and it could be that you are just tired of the cycle of it.

Best

Mary