Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[37...]

[c8...]
Hi Lainey, so sorry I haven't asked how ur doing? So, it's the waiting now? Im finally in the first cut, so now just waiting to make that 2nd cut, just don't really know when to do it, since it's my first time with valium. I'll wait at least 2 weeks I guess :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[37...]

Hi Rose, Just wanted to say that tomorrow will be 2 weeks on full Valium and it is getting a lot less sedating. The 1st week was really bad, Felt like I was just floating around all day. Once  you are completely c/o give it a couple weeks. I am counting on what others have said on here and trusting them.

I am actually wanting to Taper, but Have to wait at least another week or two. Just sick of feeling like CRAP every single day.

Lainey, sorry you're feeling bad...

Soon you will be feeling better. I had a rough spot too around the same time and things have been looking up tremendously lately.

Hang in there.. Thinking of you. :smitten:

hope so Mom, thanks Ingrid for asking. I am feeling more depressed then anxious now. but I guess that's normal with Valium. so I will just have to cry through the pain

Hey buddies, problem....I went to get my mom, 2 hr trip did not take valium 2.5mg at 11am, due to the drive. Now 3pm. I feel woozy. Not anxious. What to do? Coulld be the valium , 1 dose yesterday make me feel so tired? I took my .75 ativan last nite, and remeron. I feel like crude, so tired now.  Should I take valium now, or wait to take my .75 ativan at 7pm?  :idiot:  rose

I di not take the valium because I had to make the drive. On busy interstates...Now it is after 3pm.?Would I feel this woozy on just that 2.5mg dose yesterday at 11 am? Geez...Im a mess.  rose

[c8...]
Rose, I used to take Remeron for sleep but not now. I do have some if needed. Can you stop using it or maybe take 3.75 instead? I just think the valium is sooo sedating, I wouldn't want any Remeron now. Maybe when I get to really low doses of the valium. I sure hope u feel better. Im not sure what u should do at this point with ur dose of valium? Maybe someone will know. Hang in there :)

Hi ingrid , yes I don;t feel great, woozy. and I missed my valium dose. I have taken it  Tuesday and wednesday at 11am. Maybe it is the remeron. Don't know if I should take the valium , 2.5 now or not.It is 3:30pm. I think all my meds make me woozzy...Im blonde , so nobody probably even notices around here.  rose

[37...]

Hi ingrid , yes I don;t feel great, woozy. and I missed my valium dose. I have taken it  Tuesday and wednesday at 11am. Maybe it is the remeron. Don't know if I should take the valium , 2.5 now or not.It is 3:30pm. I think all my meds make me woozzy...Im blonde , so nobody probably even notices around here.  rose

Rose, it's important to take your Valium consistently...if you do not do that, you will not stabilize on a dose. And you need that in order to be able to start tapering.

I know Mom, had to pick up my mother and bring her here. I was leary to take  the valium and the drive. But why am I still woozy?. if I missed it.? I though I would be back at 1pm, but when I got there she had an eye exam. Just got home a bit ago. My meds are here. Should I take the valium now, do you think? Then my ativan at 7pm? Thanks for any suggestion. :)  rose

[37...]

I know Mom, had to pick up my mother and bring her here. I was leary to take  the valium and the drive. But why am I still woozy?. if I missed it.? I though I would be back at 1pm, but when I got there she had an eye exam. Just got home a bit ago. My meds are here. Should I take the valium now, do you think? Then my ativan at 7pm? Thanks for any suggestion. :)  rose

You're Still woozy because the Valium is building up in your body. It is not like Ativan, where it works for a couple of hours and then pfffffft gone!

Valium has. Longer half life and it stays in your body longer. It is accumulative.

You will feel,like that for a while longer, IMO.

Give it a couple of weeks tills after your cross over and you will be done with that.

I'm not sure right now when you took your last dose and such but I think you should really try to take it at set times and work your schedule around that.

It won't be over with the sedation for a while. Once the Valium reaches its peak, you probably don't want to drive for a bit?

I took the valium at 11am both tues. and wed. morning. Because of the trip today., I was waiting till I got back home. I took 2.5mg for those doses. .75 mg ativan at 7pm.  I did not get home until 3pm. I still feel woozy. Think it is the remeron too. Im 61, maybe because Im older, the drugs metabolize different? Just seems Im very tired. I can take the Valium now...2.5mg and the ativan at8pm, .75mg. Thanks for replies Momofone and ingrid. Driving may become difficult for a while as you said.

[c8...]

I took the valium at 11am both tues. and wed. morning. Because of the trip today., I was waiting till I got back home. I took 2.5mg for those doses. .75 mg ativan at 7pm.  I did not get home until 3pm. I still feel woozy. Think it is the remeron too. Im 61, maybe because Im older, the drugs metabolize different? Just seems Im very tired. I can take the Valium now...2.5mg and the ativan at8pm, .75mg. Thanks for replies Momofone and ingrid. Driving may become difficult for a while as you said.

Rose, I should not have advise you to stop or lower ur remeron, because, even tho I was able to stop and start it w/o problems, it may be diff for u. So I will say that u should ask ur dr about the remeron. I just think it's overkill with valium, remeron, and Ativan. I would def be woozy from that combo. Plz call ur dr and ask about it. Pharmacists are also gr8 for info on diff meds and combos and what may or may not be safe for ur age. But Im sure ur dr will have to be consulted. I really feel for u and hope for u to feel better. I know it's tough, tough, tough :'(

It's okay ingrid. I know you weren't advising, just a suggestion. It is my decision always. I will have to adjust my sechedule as momofone said. But I had no choice. Had to pick up mom , no one available. she will be picked up here to go to my brother's , farther away. We have to both help with her care. That is why, this benzo stuff is awful. Just a hiccup today I quess.  :smitten:  rose

[c8...]
Well, I think u have a gr8 attitude. Just keep trying and momofone knows her stuff. She's been thru a lot with this and offers terrific advice. :)

[37...]

Well, I think u have a gr8 attitude. Just keep trying and momofone knows her stuff. She's been thru a lot with this and offers terrific advice. :)

I can only offer my opinion. And my experiences. There are people here who are in this and knowing much, much , much more...I hope they chime in too.

I think rose got excellent advice on dosing more evenly.

:smitten:

GoodMorning, I have question. I had  a plan that I thought would help c/o. I have done this two mornings.I was going to take .25 V in am  and .75 ativan in Pm for 5 days. Then begin 5mgs of V in the am and then .5 mgs of A in the pm. Do this for a week. Then switch to all V, 5mg in the am  and 5 mg in the pm. Hold for a month, then taper. Does this sound ok? I find the Valium so sedating. Will this help both the ativan w/d over to the body on Valium? Im still a bit afraid of the valium effects on my daily activities. Im up now on Saturday morning, and feel shakey. Maybe anxious.Could someone please tell me if this is a good plan, rose

Rose, I believe making the substitutions in smaller chunks is a great idea.  This could help you feel less of the effects of slowly cutting out the Ativan.  However, rather than hold each substitution for 5 days, I might perhaps consider holding for a week after each substitution IF I had enough Ativan to accomplish this slower crossover.  Good going Rose.  :smitten:

Is your new Avatar a photo of you beside your VW from the 1970's?  BTW, you and I are the exact same age.  ;D

[c8...]

Rose, did u mean 2.5mg valium in the am? I followed dr reg pearts c/o

http://www.drregpeart.org/Dr%20Peart%20Sample%20Schedules%20with%20Notes%2022Sep06.pdf

Maybe looking over it will help you with urs?

I hope the veterans will chime in. I did gr8 on my c/o. I just did 1/2 val with 1/2klon for a week, then 3/4val with 1/4 klon for a week, then over to 10mg val once a day at night. Have done well. I hope u will too, and it's good to stabilize for 30 days, like u planned, after the c/o is complete :)

Juliea, ingrid, yes I meant to type 2.5 valium in the am (equal to .25 ativan) Is this ok?  Yes, me and my orange beetle , 1971. :) so, is that enuf valium for the morning?

2.5mg Valium = .25mg of Ativan, so the substitution equivalency is correct.  When you take the Valium during a given day is up to you.  I only dosed 1X per day so I'm not great at helping folks decide when or how to break up dosing.

Nice shot of you and your Beetle.  Those were the days!  ;D

Juliea and ingrid, just fear again I think. Worried that I have to do adjusting to a new med. I know some stay with the critter they already know. I wanted to try because I thought it would be easier. But nothing is really.... Afraid I'll be zombie like for a month....I know when I take it this morning I will get tired....Maybe try taking it later in day? I don't know....  yes, I love the 70's :)

[37...]

rose, I'm sorry but there is no way around it! If you switch to Valium, you will be a bit drowsy. That will wear off soon enough...reall. You won't feel like that on Valium all the way down. Just a couple of weeks. I know it sounds long, but it is a good thing. It should cover your xs from the Ativan Wd.

You try to cross over on the dose you are on?

If you are more comfortable taking your dose later, then try it.

Important is that you need to be consistent and take it.

Some people dose all their Valium at once at night. Others four times a day.

Does that help?

Ok, momofone, does my plan look ok? The 25v/75a? then the 50v/50a, then 50v/50v? I have 18, 1mg ativan pills left. I think that will cover me...it's just fear, plain and simple.....I will take my 2.5 valium at 11am. appreciate  your support as always, Rose

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [te...]
    • [Le...]
    • [fa...]
    • [Lo...]
    • [pi...]
    • [Bi...]
    • [ha...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [Es...]
    • [Ct...]