Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Depakote, hinder recovery?

[qb...]

I was put on depakote to prevent seizures when coming off.

Now, that i'm about 1 weeks off of benzos, my doc and i are talking about starting to wean off of it.

Am i guessing correctly that i will not begin to heal until i am off of it, because it acts on the cns and on gabe? Is that rational sound correct?

Thank you.

Regards,

Brian

Now, that i'm about 1 weeks off of benzos, my doc and i are talking about starting to wean off of it.

Am i guessing correctly that i will not begin to heal until i am off of it, because it acts on the cns and on gabe? Is that rational sound correct?

Thank you.

Regards,

Brian

Brian,

I was on Phenobarbital for one week after my CT, I was warned to stop taking it.  I got the impression it was because of the possibility of addiction and dependence.  Whatever the reason, follow the instructions from your Dr.

Pam

Thank you.

Regards,

Brian

Brian,

I was on Phenobarbital for one week after my CT, I was warned to stop taking it.  I got the impression it was because of the possibility of addiction and dependence.  Whatever the reason, follow the instructions from your Dr.

Pam

Yeah, i've heard of that with pheno as well. You're correct, i think that the pheno is semi cross tolerant w/ the benzos.

I will for sure follow docs instructions through this, as my judgement is severely impaired during this process.

About how long after your ct did you begin to feel better?

I think that i feel bettter on a ct w/o other meds included.  Sure i can't eat, and im just confused and weirded out of my head, but i don't have great anxiety and/or depression.  I just feel kinda high and out of my mind on a full ct.

We'll see.

Thank you.

Regards,

Brian

Good to know you're under a Dr's care.  It took me 14 months to heal after my CT.  I was functional enough to go back to work in 3 weeks though.

Good to know you're under a Dr's care.  It took me 14 months to heal after my CT.  I was functional enough to go back to work in 3 weeks though.

I can't believed that you ct off of that amount, that's crazy!  Good to see that you are alive!  I did a fast taper, then a ct on my first attempt about 4 years ago.  And it was pure madness for me for 3 weeks, until i caved and had to re-instate.

Yes, for sure have to work w/ my doc with this one, as my judgement has gone out of the window on this one.

Amazing how your memories come back.  While doing a slow taper, i began dreaming of people in high school every night.  Now after my ct, im getting dreams and day time memories of middle school and elementary schoo.  Pretty crazy stuff.

Regards,

Brian