Question about diet for reactive hypoglycemia - does it get better?

[St...]

Very interesting thread.

I have problems wiht insuline, too.

I suffered a panic atack at 18....and that was the first time the meds medicated me with KLonopin....

Years after that I discovered that I suffer from reactive hypoglicemia and I doctors told me that the panic attack maybe was originated from this low blood sugar condition and NOT mental issues... and I believe this was not originated by Klonopin because I started taking it after the attack....

After reading this thread I believe maybe KLonopin worsened my hypoglicemia condition....I feel very confused and tired of this....

It didn't go well...I had really bad joint pain every time I took it....however I was also on a PPI medication and did not realize that that was one of the side effects! You see I was taking the two together so I didn; put two and two together....I figured it out a few months ago.  Now I take a different antacid medication in a different drug family other than PPI's and I tolerate the DGL just fine.... Hope that helps.............Alabama.xo

Hi Alabama,

Is the carafate still working for you?  I'm having severe pain in the upper left quadrant of my stomach and nausea.  I go for a scope on the 27th.  I was trying to get some things in mind that might be helpful.  I can't take PPI's so I thought I might ask for the carafate.

Hope you are improving.

Mama2

Yes I really like the carafate...........Have you tried it? I can't take PPI's either so I take over the counter ant acids..zantac ...I find it does the same thing. Bama.xo good luck with your scope!

Yes I really like the carafate...........Have you tried it? I can't take PPI's either so I take over the counter ant acids..zantac ...I find it does the same thing. Bama.xo good luck with your scope!

Are you still having to take the carafate with the over the counter antacids?  I have not tried the carafate.  The bottle I had expired, so I decided I better not chance it.  I have tried three diffferent antibiotics for a UTI.  I have had to stop them all, because they have made my stomach pain unbearable.  I can't wait to see if anything is found.

Mama2

yes I do take them both. they do different things...the antacids block the production of acid (which is why I add the probiotics because food is not being properly digested) and then carafate to protect the lining of the stomach and it also helps (like the DGL) to repair the lining of the stomach. But in reality, it's the benzos that mess it up the most....and until my neurotransmitters get their ass in gear and correct their imbalances, my stomach will always hurt... But at least these things do help to manage the symptoms.... such a drag huh?? My taper has taken so much longer than it ever should have. So frustrating.  Who knew that two years after starting my multiple meds taper journey I would still be tapering....... crazy! and exhausting and spirit sucking!  :tickedoff: Best of luck on your tests!  :smitten: bama.xo

• 5 years later...
It is 2019, anyone here with recent reactive hypoglycemia issues?  I was on klonapin and maybe it masked the tendency for years; now I am being crushed by dealing with blood sugar drops after eating.  thanks.