Does anyone else run daily?

[...]

Hey gear,

I read meters for a large utility company for 25 years and power walked 8 to 10 hours a day.  The last couple of years my doc put me on Xanax in the winter because my anxiety got so bad thinking about walking through 2 feet of snow as I was getting older.  I thought it was a great idea at the time.

By the second spring of c/ting off the Xanax the IBS symptoms started then the fibro (horrid all over pain) started the third spring of c/t. .. :sick:  My doc and I of course had no idea it was all the c/t's I was doing.

So by the fourth winter I just couldn't do it anymore, they were treating me with all kinds of high potency drugs for IBS and fibro including large doses of steroids. So feeling defeated I retired.  I thought at the time a few weeks rest would do the job of healing my body but of course that never happened.

So to get to the point of my post, I was in excellent physical health with my dream job of being outdoors and exercising all day long 4 years ago but now with the muscle wasting and devastation on my body from the last c/t I'm starting all over repairing my body four years later.

Being retired and developing a exercise program is going to take some discipline on my part after so many years of it being mandatory rather than optional but I really want it and I believe that's half the battle.

Wish me luck,

Molly :smitten:     

Hey gear,

I read meters for a large utility company for 25 years and power walked 8 to 10 hours a day.  The last couple of years my doc put me on Xanax in the winter because my anxiety got so bad thinking about walking through 2 feet of snow as I was getting older.  I thought it was a great idea at the time.

By the second spring of c/ting off the Xanax the IBS symptoms started then the fibro (horrid all over pain) started the third spring of c/t. .. :sick:  My doc and I of course had no idea it was all the c/t's I was doing.

So by the fourth winter I just couldn't do it anymore, they were treating me with all kinds of high potency drugs for IBS and fibro including large doses of steroids. So feeling defeated I retired.  I thought at the time a few weeks rest would do the job of healing my body but of course that never happened.

So to get to the point of my post, I was in excellent physical health with my dream job of being outdoors and exercising all day long 4 years ago but now with the muscle wasting and devastation on my body from the last c/t I'm starting all over repairing my body four years later.

Being retired and developing a exercise program is going to take some discipline on my part after so many years of it being mandatory rather than optional but I really want it and I believe that's half the battle.

Wish me luck,

Molly :smitten:   

Molly, I have only one c/t in me. I did it last April. I hit 8 months off today. How you did it over and over again, I can't even fathom that, really!

The physical stuff seems to hit each of us differently. I had that month or so of joint pain and pain in my toes, but that's all. Mostly I had anxiety, and really if I have a bad day, that is still the worst part.