Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Nerve Pain -- anyone have it?

[or...]

Anyone have nerve pain?

I have the most awful exaggerated pain. When I went to have my toenail partly removed, the podiatrist said it shouldn't be hurting as much as it did. He said the pain was most likely coming from my back. I think it's coming from my brain. I think it's part of benzo w/d.

I have pain in an old injury -- a toe that I broke 25 years ago. It is excruciating from time to time. My incision from back surgery 3 years ago is killing me. And I have other pain and spasms in areas well supplied by nerves that just shouldn't hurt as much as they do. Tylenol (I can't take NSAIDs) doesn't help. This is a new w/d symptom for me. Anyone else have this now or did you have it? How long did it last?

Any help or info anyone can give would be appreciated. I'm suffering here.

Okatz

I definitely know what nerve pain is. Mine has been going on since 2 mos. into Xanax use. Now at 24 mos. off, I am still having it. At times it does get a little better, but I believe now I am in a wave and it is unbearable. You are not alone. Hope it lets up soon!

Oh yes...old back injury with sciatic nerve involvement is really kicking up. I ordered an MRI for it today, but I strongly suspect that nothing will show up despite pain, spasm, and marked major weakness in my left leg. I just bet nothing is found to be wrong and everyone will be scratching their heads as to why this is happening. Unfortunately I can't take chances...the possibility exists for me of paralysis so in this instance I am going to get it checked out. Ouch.

[d4...]

Anyone have nerve pain?

I have the most awful exaggerated pain. When I went to have my toenail partly removed, the podiatrist said it shouldn't be hurting as much as it did. He said the pain was most likely coming from my back. I think it's coming from my brain. I think it's part of benzo w/d.

I have pain in an old injury -- a toe that I broke 25 years ago. It is excruciating from time to time. My incision from back surgery 3 years ago is killing me. And I have other pain and spasms in areas well supplied by nerves that just shouldn't hurt as much as they do. Tylenol (I can't take NSAIDs) doesn't help. This is a new w/d symptom for me. Anyone else have this now or did you have it? How long did it last?

Any help or info anyone can give would be appreciated. I'm suffering here.

Okatz

I have cervical problems.. is the brain manipulation of the pill. :(

Thanks very much daisy mae and NewMoon. It's good to know this is a symptom other people have . . . and that I'm not just crazy. (Well I may be but that's another issue lol). And I am sorry that you are suffering in a similar manner.

Again, thanks so much for your replies.

Okatz

Dear Okatz,

Unfortunately this is common. I had L5 S1  surgery two years ago and the area of innervation is very sensitive and painful. My ND suggested since our CNS is in a sensitive state all signals are magnified. Old injuries tend to flare...and I expected nothing but some increased anxiety with withdrawal! I am very ready for some breaks. Wishing you well Okatz....this WILL get better.

Am on the northern Oregon coast for the holiday....beautiful here. Hope the same for you.

Warmly....and with hopes for healing,

Carita

Hey Carita! Nice to see you're on the coast too. Yes our weather here has been lovely.

My CNS is certainly is a state of hyper-arousal. Good grief! Still, nothing to do but wait it out. This is a w/d effect I had not expected. Anxiety . . . nausea . . . I was prepared for and could deal with them. This crazy-making pain? Sheesh.

Brendamar, good idea about antinflammatory cream. I hadn't thought of that.

Okatz