Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

no-breathing fear

[df...]

[df...]

Sorry my English is not good.

Last night I had a falling out. I took 0, 75 mg  :(

A problem with my job led me to take 0,75 after many days, taking only 50.

It was an unpleasant experience like in the early days when I reduced the dose from 4.3 to 1.

All the day was ok, I even made ​​a 3 hour walk.... I even made ​​a 3 hour walk ...until I got a bad news just as I was about to sleep.

I started thinking too much about my breathing, believing that if I could not control it could stop. I was breathing and suddenly tooking a deep breath consciously,  this action was tooking me away from the sleepiness when I started to fall asleep each time...

Any tips for this no-breathing fear?

Thank you

[df...]

Extending: I was very upset. A lot. And I slept very late by taking an additional 0.25. The the bad news came at 6 AM, and I tried to sleep without more clonazepam until around 8:30 AM or later. I usually sleep 7 hours but this time I woke up at 1 PM only 5 hours. And now I'm in a bad mood. Maybe under normal circumstances (without clonazepam) I would be angry the same way. 

Now I fear that annoying "stop breathing fear" for coming over again because I do not know how to control it.

Hi:

Don't worry. The stop breathing fear/condition is very common to benzo withdrawal and I personally had a lot of trouble with it. First, you should understand that you ARE NOT in danger of stopping breathing. If your breathing slows down enough, you will reflexively gasp for air. Secondly, when I find myself in this condition, I take several DEEP cleansing breaths and this quickly extinguishes the problem. If it returns, I do some more deep breathing. You can also engage in light exercise (e.g. brisk walking) which will force your lungs to breathe more consistently and deeply to support your muscle energy requirements during the exercise.

:thumbsup: