Do you have food cravings while tapering or in withdrawal/recovery?

[Te...]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Te...]

• [Ma...]

• [Sv...]

• [Co...]

I crave spinach. I buy it by the box and must go through 2 or 3 boxes a week. I hope it's not harmful to eat this much of it, I heard something about bladder stones.

I love chopped spinach. I go through a couple of bags of the frozen chopped spinach every week. I love it with LOTS of Tabasco sauce on top!

:P :P :P :P Okay you food instigators...wheat thins dripping in butter......with colby jack cheese, or peanut butter. I'm salivating! & Tex, being a Texan with Mexicano/Latino in my background 8) Mexican Food is a must! So is guacamole with salsa, chips, nachos with real cheese, taquitos dipped in guacamole & sour cream......I'm going to gain like crazy. :crazy:

I love chopped spinach. I go through a couple of bags of the frozen chopped spinach every week. I love it with LOTS of Tabasco sauce on top!

Ummmm....ewwwwwww!!!  :laugh:

I'll stick to PB&J. Can't go wrong with that!  :)

Denise  :smitten:

I wish I could eat my favorite all time snack, that I have been craving.

Two pieces of toast, peanut butter on each one. Then layer saltine crackers on top of the peanut butter of each piece of toast, then take a piece of american cheese and put mustard on each side of the cheese, then lay it on top of one of the crackered pieces of toast, then put the two halves together and eat it with a large glass of milk with ice in it.

Yum Yum!! This was my after school snack for years!

A Caramilk bar is staring at me.. I know I should not eat it! haha.. I'm not guilty of bringing it in to the house but It's hard to resist.

Spinach with Tobasco sauce? hmmm... I need to try this!  ;D

Fonz

MamaShoshanna:

You're more than welcome to try some of my dill pickle spears. They're virtually calorie free -- and they're kosher!

Oh yes I LOVE me some kosher pickles!  Nothing like them.  Unfortunately, I don't crave them.  I never crave anything that is calorie-free.

Two pieces of toast, peanut butter on each one. Then layer saltine crackers on top of the peanut butter of each piece of toast, then take a piece of american cheese and put mustard on each side of the cheese, then lay it on top of one of the crackered pieces of toast, then put the two halves together and eat it with a large glass of milk with ice in it.

Oh my SophiasNana, Midwesterners DO have interesting snack choices.  And recipes.  (But nothing like Minnesotans who think "tacos" are white bread with bologna and ketchup rolled up into them.)

Since we're talking about hearty foods, my mom used to make "bologna boats" which were fried bologna with mashed potatoes rolled up into them, held together with a toothpick.  Now we're talkin'. 

My favorite all time food/snack to this day is home-made deep-fried french fries.  I never make them anymore, but just the thought of them makes me gain 20 lbs. and makes me face break out.

Oh my SophiasNana, Midwesterners DO have interesting snack choices.  And recipes.  (But nothing like Minnesotans who think "tacos" are white bread with bologna and ketchup rolled up into them.)

Since we're talking about hearty foods, my mom used to make "bologna boats" which were fried bologna with mashed potatoes rolled up into them, held together with a toothpick.  Now we're talkin'. 

My favorite all time food/snack to this day is home-made deep-fried french fries.  I never make them anymore, but just the thought of them makes me gain 20 lbs. and makes me face break out.

I grew up on fried bologna sandwiches!! Not with mashed potatoes in them. My grandma makes potato cakes by taking left over mashed potatoes, forming them into patties, rolling them in milk and then flour, and the frying them in a pan. Yummy!?,

I love home made french fries!! Potato chips and fries are my all time downfall!. Mmmmm!  :thumbsup:

Ps. I am the only person that has ever liked my sandwich concoction.  :idiot:

Sugar, sugar and more sugar. Ice cream. Too much. I was making myself sick eating ice cream so I stopped. For about 2 days. :o

Hahahahaha sounds like me when I used to drink.

I don't know if it's just me or the fact that next Thursday is Thanksgiving here in the U.S., but I am having a craving tor turkey, dressing, jellied cranberries, sweet potatoes, all smothered with turkey gravy.

Oh, well, I guess I'll have to settle for a dill pickle spear...

I crave junk food - potato chips, sweets, burgers and fries. I let myself have them because it's helping me get through this bad time. In a few months I'll go back to eating healthier. I have tried to do better and always fail right now.

My wife and I have been on a diet where we don't eat carbs, except for things like beans (legumes). We've both lost 15+ pounds. I find that I am craving everything with carbs. It's really opened my eyes to how much "junk" we are served with empty carb calories -- from breadsticks to French fries to toast on the side to bread/buns on sandwiches/burgers.

The only carbs I eat are 1/2 a cup of brown rice every few days and the tortilla that comes with a burrito, also every few days. So, I'm craving carbs. This morning my craving is for corn dogs -- those delicious hot dogs on a stick, coated with batter and deep fried (or baked, as is my preference) and then covered with mustard!

As a kid I lived in Dallas and we'd go to the state fair every year. Corn dogs were invented there, although they insist that the name is CORNY DOGS. They are deep fried and oh-so-good! I've loved 'em since I was a kid. The kind you get in the grocery store are a far cry from the state fair's corny dogs. OMG, they are soooooo good!

I've seen those corn dogs at the Calgary Stampede Tex but never tried one. They have deep fried pickles and deep fried cheesecake and even deep fried Oreos too!

There used to be a restaurant up in Calgary called Chichi's and they served the most scrumptious deep fried ice cream! Have you ever had it?

Oh my you've got me wanting to drag out my deep fat fryer.

Tex is right! I lived in Dallas as well & those State Fair Corny Dogs are to die for! There's a version for sale in the supermarket called State Fair Corn Dogs with honey batter. They're pretty good. I. too, like lotsa mustard on mine.

Am eating all the yummy Thanksgiving food availabe this year! The previous two Thanksgivings I've been sick & one was in the hospital. It comes once per year, so, I'm goin' for it. :laugh::thumbsup:

Chinook, there is a restaurant here that serves fried ice cream. I might get it once per year, it's so rich, kinda' like baked Alaska. The drive throughs here also sell fried pickles, I get fried okra instead. ;D

Calories to infinity & beyond. 8):o

teacher2:

Those state fair delicacies were called "corny dogs" and not "corn dogs." They were pretty specific about that. I haven't been back to Dallas in 30 years, but I can still remember how good those corny dogs were. The corn on the cob was pretty awesome, too. I think we'd go to the state fair for the food and not the rides -- although I vaguely recall seeing Blue Oyster Cult perform in the arena back in the early '70s...

I am reading this eating a pumpkin waffle with about a 1/2 cup of maple syrup. I cannot get enough sweet things. Never crave salt or fried food. I sit here, a woman that has a plant based diet, avoids processed food like the plague...ingesting enough sugar to go into shock. The good thing is that I am eating at all. I have leveled out. When I am really sick I do not care anything about food. I cannot really taste it. T-giving coming up. I am the cook. I do not feel perfect but I feel so much better. :socool: :socool:

I crave chocolate milk! I've been going through about 3 gallons of milk per week and 1 big container of Nestle Quick. I have about 3 or 4 big mugs of it a day. Thing about is, I hate milk! I haven't drank chocolate milk since I was a kid, I don't get it. I think I crave chocolate for the most part, if I see a Hershey bar while at the store I'll buy it! Craving other carbs too and I was doing so good on my low carb diet, gained 15 lbs so far  :'(