Halfway through Klonopin taper: Need advice on low-dose Klonopin taper

[Cl...]

when i started my taper with my dr. advice i took .5 klonopin less for a month then go down again  i started at 6mg daily  when i was down to 2mg daily it has gone very slow  i have been on 1.5 mg for approx 6 months    i will go down .25 at a time and at the end take half of that  i have been going so slow, my dr feels thats the way to go    i must admit i do wish that i could just be done but i know that would possibly cause more pain.    take care and we will taper together  we can do it ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm tapering off 0.5mg clonazepam as well -- and it's going pretty good.  Glad to see others making progress too;  it is encouraging  :)  I definitely notice feeling tense after a cut, then some relief after a few weeks.  Just keep ticking it down and we'll get through it.  Good Luck All!!

Haji

• 9 years later...
Great post sounds very encouraging.  I started tapering from 0.5mg of klonipin currently at 0.38 on third week.  I am starting to feel the w/d symptoms this weekend.  Mainly body aches plus anxiety from reading the horror stories on bb.  I will take it slow and let myself stabilize before I make the next cut.  I am using the dry cut method using a micro scale.  Wish me luck

Hi psingh68!

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you're here. How much have you been cutting over what period of time? Your symptoms sounds manageable from what you're describing? Slow is definitely the way to go. Generally we recommend cuts of no more than 5-10% of each new daily dose every two weeks or so but it's best to let your symptoms guide your taper rate. This should allow you to remain functional while you taper. I know it can be scary when you read some of the suffering. Please don't let it upset you. I can tell you, my taper has not been a horror story. I have been functional throughout and ever since I jumped. Good luck with the rest of your taper, we are all here to cheer you on!

Here are some links to get you started:

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Add your history/signature