Important Survey - Please Participate ×

post wd and other meds

[an...]

Hi,i was wondering if being on other phsch meds such as tegretol,remeron and seroquel and lunesta will slow down or prevent recovery?I have been on these other meds for some time now,mainly the remeron and the tegretol,lunesta for a year,seroquel on and off for a few years now.I am much to stressed to go off any other of my meds right now,or cut down,any suggestions? :sick: :sick: :sick:

Kristine - I was on seroquel and ambien when I tapered off lorazepam.  Both ambien and lunesta affect the same GABA receptors as benzos do so the lunesta could very well be delaying your healing.  I tapered off the ambien about 3 months after my last benzo and have been tapering the seroquel as well.  Over the long run, I'm finding I feel better with fewer drugs.  I could not have tapered the ambien or seroquel when I first quit, though.  In fact, I tried a few times before I started suceeding, eg., getting 4+ hours sleep on less ambien.  I do think being off the ambien has helped me overall but it was tough.  Not as hard as the lorazepam but not a snap either.

[bb...]
was only on it for a very short time like a week couldn't say, All I know was it made me feel crazy

Really how much did you take? The low dose I take really helps w anxiety and sleep! My psychiatrist says it doesn't touch the same receptors that a benzo does

[bb...]
I'm not sure I think 50mgs it was given to me while I was away in a detox center from "xanax" along with trazadone,and a few other drugs......but I was sent home with the seroquel and I felt really weird on it almost zombie like....it did help a little to sleep but I had stopped taking it as soon as I was put on klonopin.

petey,as far as remeron goes,i have been on that since 1998,i am not going to quit that anytime soon,asi am in enough stress.lunesta,noone really is sure how it really works,theres no info on that,the pharmacist said. :sick:

Does anyone know if seroquel would delay healing?

I don't think the small amount that you take would delay any benzo wd healing. I was on it too, during my wd. I never took more than 100mg, and reduced it by 25mg every couple of weeks. I finished it about the same time as my benzo taper. I take 25mg only very occasionally, like once a month, if I have something very important to do the next day. 

If and when you stop taking it, you may find some temporary sleep disturbances. Not sure if you take it every day, but it may lose some effectiveness if taken too often. 

I do take it every night and sleep soundly thank god. Although I dream vivdly! Sometimes that's annoying.But it really helps to have some sleep at night so I'm better able to fight off wd symptoms during the day. I will take it through the end of my taper then slowly reduce that medicine just as soon as I'm stable. I am assuming that shouldn't be too hard eljay? After a benzo taper I would think the seroquel will be a walk in the park.lol.

Everyone is different with all of these psychotropics. And each one of them can have each of their own difficulties in getting off of, and should be avoided at all costs IMO of course.

I c/t'd the seroquel also, was already in hell with benzo w/d so figured what's the difference.

The seroquel is the only drug letting me survive this taper. I mean it. I sometimes call is miroquel. It has a place in my life right now and serves its purpose. Will I take it forever? Not even close. Just till I come out alive of this mess. When I first met my psychiatrist I hadn't slept in weeks omg I was a mess like you can't imagine. The number one cause of anxiety is sleep deprivation so if this drug gives me 8-12 hrs of sleep a night so I can better fight during the day then so be it. Gotta kinda just keep going and try to survive like we all are.thanks

I do take it every night and sleep soundly thank god. Although I dream vivdly! Sometimes that's annoying.But it really helps to have some sleep at night so I'm better able to fight off wd symptoms during the day. I will take it through the end of my taper then slowly reduce that medicine just as soon as I'm stable. I am assuming that shouldn't be too hard eljay? After a benzo taper I would think the seroquel will be a walk in the park.lol.

Well, I tapered them simultaneously so it's hard to say. But overall, I didn't have much trouble. except for some insomnia.

Everyone is different with all of these psychotropics. And each one of them can have each of their own difficulties in getting off of, and should be avoided at all costs IMO of course.

I c/t'd the seroquel also, was already in hell with benzo w/d so figured what's the difference.

When I hear Lunesta, Seroquel, or Cymbalta, I think police and padded white rooms!  I think they should be avoided at all costs.  I did for a while believe I would die from exhaustion because I could not sleep.  But I had to dedicate my life, still do, to getting through this hell.  Hell actually sounds like a nice place compared to this experience.  I did have the luxury of being able to do what I want, when I want.  If I'm tired, I sleep, hungry I eat, ... I let my body dictate my way through this - after I learned to stop listening to the doctors.  Yes, I know they are not ALL bad.

When I hear Lunesta, Seroquel, or Cymbalta, I think police and padded white rooms!  I think they should be avoided at all costs.  I did for a while believe I would die from exhaustion because I could not sleep.  But I had to dedicate my life, still do, to getting through this hell.  Hell actually sounds like a nice place compared to this experience.  I did have the luxury of being able to do what I want, when I want.  If I'm tired, I sleep, hungry I eat, ... I let my body dictate my way through this - after I learned to stop listening to the doctors.  Yes, I know they are not ALL bad. 

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny::wacko::P

I laughed at what you  said Bubbles, because I really don't know WHAT to say anymore, it's all so absurd, inhumane,  and just plain old torturous (I can't even think of the right words with this benzo brain madness going on inside me) and I for the life of me just cannot understand how this not only continues in this day and age, but is growing to be an epidemic.

Just think of all the people that are so stressed out right now with the economy alone, and have gone to the docs for something to help them :( And then think of all the KIDS that are also being put on these psychotropic drugs legally, and then the ones that are using them for recreation illegally :idiot: Can you now see what I mean about becoming epidemic and way out of control?? But pharma certainly is happy as long as that money keeps coming in and they have new clients that have been told they'll probably be on one of their wonder drugs the rest of their lives. The next thing that comes is s/e's from one drug, that people don't realize is from the drug, hence another d/x is made with MORE evil drugs for that cocktail that will only grow and grow.

It's happened to me more than once, and has taken away 20yrs. of  my life. Not knowing better I decide to start dropping drugs like a madwoman, and it's just been non stop for me for almost a yr. now. I had no idea a benzo was a Valium type drug when I was put on it 25yrs. ago, if I did I'd of said noway because of what my mom had gone through. And she was a lucky one in that she did a c/t and only suffered a regular detox. So even she is surprised at how bad they can be, and didn't believe me for the longest time. I don't even know if she really believes how bad it is, she's trying though.

Anyways, again I know something has to be done, there is more than enough info out there on how pharma is into making people ill and not to heal for sure, so why it's taking so long is beyond me. I will keep searching though :tickedoff:

Yup, the Pharm is taking us all the way to their bank.  "In 2008, Roche’s annual report shows, Schwan earned 5.2 million francs (about $4.5 million)."  Not too shabby a paycheck for a CEO!