Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What good thing happened to you in the last 24 hours?

[sa...]

what was good in the last 24 hours ? i read something very usefull healthwise last night that limes have many good purposes such as blood cholesterol , prevent kidney stones, it can also help you lose weight if you have 2 limes a day you will see a difference in weight in just 1 week ! my blood cholesterol is a lil high im taking for that , google the good uses of limes it really works good i bought 14 this morning for only $2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sn...]

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [Mo...]

[3d...]
It's a little over 24 hours now, but on Saturday night, some friends dropped by for my (early) 60th birthday celebration.  I actually turn 60 tomorrow (10Feb).  It was fun.  I felt good (even the next morning - well, mostly).  Definitely a stark contrast to how I was doing a year ago.

It's a little over 24 hours now, but on Saturday night, some friends dropped by for my (early) 60th birthday celebration.  I actually turn 60 tomorrow (10Feb).  It was fun.  I felt good (even the next morning - well, mostly).  Definitely a stark contrast to how I was doing a year ago.

Great news......thats awesome.

May i wish you a Happy Birthday now.....due to time difference its better

i think. there is a song in German....like.....

Life begins at 60. Who knows?.....might be very true for you. :happybday:  :)

Had a really good talk with hubby and my two grown up daughters. We just sat in the living room and talked till after midnight. It was a beautifully family time. I was calm and really enjoyed it. These small things are now so special for me

in the last 24 hours i felt great from going to church this evening to buy and eat a fish plate from there and i also felt good by not eating any meat today as im not ssupposed to every friday until easter (im catholic)

Hi All,

I had an amazingly positive and hopeful experience with the psych to whom I was referred (and I had been DREADING going to see him). The experience was so reassuring — he was both highly professional and also pleasant, personable and actually fun, as well as helpful. I wanted to share this because I think it helps so much to know there ARE docs like this out there!

When I arrived at his office with my Ashton info in hand, he showed me a copy of the Ashton Manual he had printed off in preparation for my visit because, although he is a very experienced psych (and just a really wonderful human being), addiction is not his specialty and he wanted to know what we were dealing with before he sat down with me...WOW! I was impressed at his professionalism in being prepared, his ability and willingness to LISTEN to me, and his compassion for my situation. I wonder how many docs have the time or patience in their practices to do this?

We discussed my situation at some length because of my long hx of off and on benzo use and some serious health issues. He was very knowledgeable about benzos in general (if not Ashton) and listened carefully to my health concerns. He also was a bit baffled as to why so many other docs seemed to have issues with the Valium C/O taper with my dosing schedule and were reluctant to write my scripts, but he did say that since the Ashton Protocols were new to him, and probably to most docs in my area, that was probably why I had been struggling with getting my scripts filled. He also acknowledged, (as we all know too well) there has been a bit of a "taboo" on issuing Valium scripts in the US (for good reason — also as we all know too well!) for some time, but he felt there are definitely times when Valium is appropriate and this was one of them.

He then proceeded to write me a script for 30 days, made sure we were both understanding what I was doing with my Ashton Schedule and made an another appointment to see me and to check on me before my script runs out so I won't be left hanging. He is well aware that it may take me 4-6 months to get off completely and seemed just fine with that. I spoke with him about my concerns about possibly needing to slow down on a cut or two if I had sxs and he perused the manual and said it seemed to him that, within reason, going slower was not as much of a problem as going too fast. Yay, he GETS it!

My RELIEF is overwhelming and I am very appreciative to have had the opportunity to meet with him — I can continue with my taper WITH support and I am soooo grateful! And, it is a great reminder that, despite the bad experiences too many on this board have had with the medical community, there still ARE very caring, supportive, and helpful medical professionals out there and we need to try to stay positive so we can help them help us, which in turn may help them help those who come after us.

Best,

Mo

Mosart

This is really a wonderful and empowering experience. Your new Doc sounds really wonderful. I think its something to celebrate !!

What a wonderful feeling to feel you are in good hands.

Great post

Carem

My good thing for the day- ( Having to think of some good thing actually made me do it..- I Will Come to this thread a lot. keeps me looking for the good stuff). My good thing today was different as it related to a very sad book. I read a very interesting book. Not an easy one to read, True story about a black women who finds out her gradfather  was  a very brutal Nazi. She goes though a journey in which she very  explores who she is and what her identity is. She is sensitive smart and courages .  I found her journey to be inspirations. It was also the first meaningful book I have head in a while - I have been ready  easy reading because of cog fog. Its easy reading but important and meaningful and got me thinking about many things- not Benz related. nice to have this king of good moment for today.  I read it in my quite study and had some ice cream with it..

So much for today- Hope tomorrow my good story is simpler- Like I had a great bath  :)

Well, I'm thankful to report that sleep greeted me last night and continued for several hours.

With enough sleep, I could conquer the world, and surely this nasty benzo.

:smitten:

I feel great that i accomplished alot today , i went to my family's very large ranch earlier thats 30 minutes away i had been wanting to use a very very old large farm tractor there to do some mowing with . it wouldnt start . , Today i did some work on the distributor and it worked perfectly! i did some mowing with the brush hog/ tractor after that for 2 hours i mowed alot in front of the house there . i have alot alot left to mow i still feel alot of accomplishment !

Charis, glad about your sleep. Yes! With sleep we can concure the world!! Babyabgel  congratulations on all  that you have. Accomplished!! Its great to feel we get things done. :) I had  the best day. Went to the beach with a friend. We walked along the beach for three hours. then had a great dinner at a restaurant on the beach.  Bought my self a beautiful neckless.  Came home so happy. Just happy. Haven't felt like this in such a long time. Yes, This is what life can be like :balloon::)

I got to follow a post by my sweet friend Snowy.  :smitten:  AND...I have hyperthyroidism and my heart rate stayed in the 70's and 80's today!  Whoo-Hoo!!  :thumbsup:

PD

I got to follow a post by my sweet friend Snowy.  :smitten:  AND...I have hyperthyroidism and my heart rate stayed in the 70's and 80's today!  Whoo-Hoo!!  :thumbsup:

PD

Hi PD.  :) This makes me happy to hear. I'm always concerned about you, wondering how you're feeling and all. Thank God, you're doing better.  :angel:

Snowy

PD

Hi PD.  :) This makes me happy to hear. I'm always concerned about you, wondering how you're feeling and all. Thank God, you're doing better.  :angel:

Snowy

Yes, thank God!  And thank you for your concern.  :smitten:  I'm starting to think I'm going to make it now!  :)

PD

PD

Snowy

Yes, thank God!  And thank you for your concern.  :smitten:  I'm starting to think I'm going to make it now!  :)

PD

Well of course I'm concerned.  ::) remember me? Snowy? We go way back.  ::):angel:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [El...]
    • [de...]
    • [ho...]
    • [jo...]
    • [te...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [Fi...]
    • [En...]
    • [ab...]
    • [...]