About read to snap and have a meltdown

I've been seeing a functional/alternative doc. I needed to have some tests done and see what can be done about the fatigue I have the headaches and the insomnia and mood issues. Things were going well until she brought in a nutritionist. This lady spent an hour telling me all the things I couldn't eat and wanting to make a bunch of drastic changes. I've cleaned up my diet so much. I barely can eat anything now. I've lost 40lbs and I exercise every day. Then she asked why I was seeing the doc. I gave her a brief summary of what I had been through. She looked at me and ask me what my diagnosis was. That was it. I wanted to blow up on her. I kept it together but when she left I told the doc that I was not going to be put through anything else. I have given up so much. I'm not going to be criticized by some nutritionist who thinks my wd is going to be fixed with food.

Sorry but I had to vent. I know food play big part in this but it still amazes me how clueless and insensitive people can be. They think we all fall into a certain category. We're either addicts or have food allergies or have psych issues. It's never about the meds we were put on for the wrong reasons. I just want to cry. :(

Lou,

Sounds like she had her own little agenda going...wanted to make you a convert! I think you are SO right, in how you got angry.

It sounds like you are doing all the right things with diet now...pat yourself on the back! Cannot have been easy to make the diet changes and lose weight.

Other than having a touch of benzo rage right now, how are you doing? Any better?

east

No, I'm sick of this. I'm so angry and I'm crying at the same time. I just can't believe how people don't listen. I told the functional doc how upsetting it was. I said I was about to walk out and never come back. I've spent so much money trying to get better. I can't believe how hard it is to find support. Today, I just want to go to the ER and get out of my misery. I think I'm permanently damaged. I really do.

Thank you East for being there. I feel so desperate right now. I'm home alone and I'm sick of being sick. :tickedoff:

i know Lou, its like some dont get it that weve been left with all these probs :tickedoff:

i do not think its fixed with food.

Think I'm going to need to file for disability. This is going to take a lot longer than I anticipated and I still can't work or go to school.

i know Lou, its like some dont get it that weve been left with all these probs :tickedoff:

This lady went on and on. I told her 3 times I was overwhelmed. I had just gotten a vitamin iv and my head was and is killing me. She talked about how all the foods in the market were dangerous.........how we get cancer and don't live long lives. I don't give a crap about that. I just want to be able to live now and think and sleep. If this is what life is going to be like, I don't even care about what's going to happen. I had to run out of there before I embarrassed myself by crying or yelling at someone. I don't even think the doc knows how bad it upset me. I don't know if I'm going back. I can't afford it anyway.

This makes me afraid to even try to find another therapist. They are as clueless as everyone else. Sorry for the rant Gard.

Well, you certainly dont need to see HER again!

What if were one of those really susceptible, anxious types who worry too much about what they eat in withdrawal? My god, if you bought what she said, you would be afraid to eat anything!

You are putting your priorities straight and her looney diet doesnt fit so - blow it off, and dont worry about it.

I think your priorities are great!

east

Thanks Eastcoast ! I agree. The nutritionist had no business overwhelming me like that. I even told her a few times that I had been through a lot, that I hadn't slept well in 22 months and that I was just trying to build myself back up slowly. I can't believe how clueless she was. It was a looney diet. She didn't even look healthy. Her hair looked dryer and more sparse than mine. Lol Ok, now I feel a little better.

Thanks for listening East. You guys made me feel better. I'm going to have to be more up front with this functional doc. I thought I had made it clear enough as to why I was there. I don't need a bunch of other people getting involved trying to treat me with special foods and such.

Another lesson learned. Hope you have a good night East.

Love,

Lou

Lou,

I hope you are still awake. I don't understand. Did you say you have had a vitamin iv? Please correct me if I am wrong?

Lou, this process is really , really hard. I too have been given all kinds of advice about diet, and other things from well meaning people who seem to care, but really have no idea what it's like. I can't say much more than you are strong and will make it through with me and other buddies right by you.

Love from Kit

Hi Lou  :therethere:,

Sorry you had such a bad day yesterday with the nutritionist.  Sounds like she isn't very good at her people skills.

You said you had a vit iv, how soon after that did you start having the headache or did you have it even before the iv?  I'm just asking because I thought supplements bothered you and to have a direct input thru an iv might be too intense.  I don't know, I know no one knows. 

Hope you felt better as the day went on.

hugs,

Sally  :angel:

This lady went on and on. I told her 3 times I was overwhelmed. I had just gotten a vitamin iv and my head was and is killing me. She talked about how all the foods in the market were dangerous.........how we get cancer and don't live long lives. I don't give a crap about that. I just want to be able to live now and think and sleep. If this is what life is going to be like, I don't even care about what's going to happen. I had to run out of there before I embarrassed myself by crying or yelling at someone. I don't even think the doc knows how bad it upset me. I don't know if I'm going back. I can't afford it anyway.

This makes me afraid to even try to find another therapist. They are as clueless as everyone else. Sorry for the rant Gard.

its ok lol

i could rant, too being stuck in this mess!!

hope you feel better Lou :hug:

Hi Lou

i am so sorry  what happened to you . 

You know I cannot eat any food too . i dont' even try to go see  anybody , because will ended like you .22 months like you  , if you see my stomach right now 9 pm , is huge , disgusting . 

Is not point to talk to nobody because my test etc is good and drs think I imagine all this .

I know how you feel . I just hope one more year and all this will  go

away .

Iam flustrated too , cannot eat any food .  i was on Clon for 12 years for no reason , like you .

Love Erika  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Sounds like the Lady was in her own little " nutrition world" maybe on benzos too!!! :D Ya never know about people and what is going on with them. Take her with a grain of salt. Sounds pompous......  Jude

Thanks you guys for your responses. I think it was the vitamin iv drip I had yesterday. I'm still a mess this morning. I was up most of the night with internal vibrations and my mind was racing.

I had the same drip last week and I felt weird at first and then I had a bunch of energy so I did a bunch of cleaning and organizing. I'm trying not to blow this out of proportion but it feels horrible......like I'm dying. I hope it wears off soon. I'm going to be alone all day today and I just can't fake it today.

Thanks for your posts. I'll try to respond to them later.

Yes, it had vitamin B in it. I'm feeling so bad. I can't even get dressed today. My whole body is just vibrating and buzzing. My head hurts and I can't think clearly at all. I feel like this is a setback. I hope it passes soon.

Thanks for posting. I'm alone today.

Why did they think you needed IV vitamins? Just curious...havent heard of that very often.

Some people think the B vits rev things up. I think they did for me monthes ago but am okay with them now.

I hoipe you start feeling better soon.

That buzzing thing is a very strange feeling.

east

Yes, it had vitamin B in it. I'm feeling so bad. I can't even get dressed today. My whole body is just vibrating and buzzing. My head hurts and I can't think clearly at all. I feel like this is a setback. I hope it passes soon.

This isn't a setback, Lou. Just a bump in the road.

Why did they think you needed IV vitamins? Just curious...havent heard of that very often.

Some people think the B vits rev things up. I think they did for me monthes ago but am okay with them now.

I hoipe you start feeling better soon.

That buzzing thing is a very strange feeling.

east

East......The alternative doc I just started seeing thinks I have deficiencies from the wd. I know I'm low in vitamin D but the tests haven't come back yet showing anything else. I've talked to a couple of other people who have had this same drip before and they said they had similar symptoms. It's been an exhausting day. I just hope tomorrow is better.

Thanks for your post.

Love,

Lou

This isn't a setback, Lou. Just a bump in the road.

Thanks Hope and thank you for all of your support today. I'm just trying to ride this out and learn from it. I don't want to waste more and cause myself more suffering.

I'll let you know how things turnout.

Love,

Lou

Let me know what your tests show! Im not familiar with this kind of doctor and dont know exactly what they do...its quite interesting...and hope the vits help you.

east

Thanks East. I'll let you know about the tests I'm doing. It's really complicated. I'm coming out of the vitamin wave. Hopefully tomorrow will be better....for all of us.

Good night. Hope you sleep well.

[24...]

Geez Lou,

That's awful and I honestly feel your pain.  I agree with you when you say some people just want to categorise us into baskets and take the easy route by giving us vitamins or telling us to stay off gluten or whatever the case may be. 

It gets 'crazy' demoralising at times. 

I am to the point now that I don't know what way is up.  You read this, you read that, nearly all of it conflicts.  It's like some warped maze with no map and no instructions.

All you can do is just try to put one foot in front of another and hope for the best.  You are not alone, we are all in our own little boats desperately trying to navigate to the shoreline.

For what's it worth, I ate one very small piece of dark goji berry sugarless chocolate yesterday and am in the wave from hell today.  I kind of cannot believe a piece of chocolate would cause a wave.  But really who knows with this?

Chin up Lou.

Staffy