Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Jules Titration Taper

[ju...]

I am not suite sure how to post this info to the correct board to ask someone to help me get a titration schedule.. I just watched part 1 and 2 of the video and I am not as intimidated as I was before!!  It was very helpful and straightforward.    The only thing I can't figure out now, is how to navigate this board correctly, and I apologize for that.  I had someone offering to help me a few days ago- and I can't find the place where I found them. 

I have .5 pills

I was on .5 of clonzapam 1 time a day at bed.  Split dose in half for two weeks. 

dry cut ..down to  .125 at bedtime and .06 (or as close as I can eyeball it)  in the morning.  I will stay at this level for ten more days or until I get all my supplies lined up :)  and then assume I need to start removing from the pm dose?    I ordered the 100 ml graduated cylinder today so I hope to have it fassssst .....  I have a 5cc syringe, but can buy a larger size from pharmacy if it is helpful.   

On the technical side- I was told I should start a post on the tiration board but I can't find where that would be.  It is humbling..truly I thought I was a bit more technical than this.    I guess being stumped by a board is just a small hurdle and a small price to pay for finding this support system.  I still can't believe my luck.

PS.  I get a kick out of the spell check and how it "suggests" the correct spelling of clonzapam is gymnosperm.  Makes me wonder what that is ???

I am not suite sure how to post this info to the correct board to ask someone to help me get a titration schedule.. I just watched part 1 and 2 of the video and I am not as intimidated as I was before!!  It was very helpful and straightforward.     The only thing I can't figure out now, is how to navigate this board correctly, and I apologize for that.  I had someone offering to help me a few days ago- and I can't find the place where I found them. 

I have .5 pills

I was on .5 of clonzapam 1 time a day at bed.   Split dose in half for two weeks.   

dry cut ..down to  .125 at bedtime and .06 (or as close as I can eyeball it)  in the morning.   I will stay at this level for ten more days or until I get all my supplies lined up :)  and then assume I need to start removing from the pm dose?     I ordered the 100 ml graduated cylinder today so I hope to have it fassssst .....   I have a 5cc syringe, but can buy a larger size from pharmacy if it is helpful.   

On the technical side- I was told I should start a post on the tiration board but I can't find where that would be.   It is humbling..truly I thought I was a bit more technical than this.    I guess being stumped by a board is just a small hurdle and a small price to pay for finding this support system.   I still can't believe my luck.

PS.  I get a kick out of the spell check and how it "suggests" the correct spelling of clonzapam is gymnosperm.   Makes me wonder what that is ???

You are doing better than I was when I first joined, jules. And this post is on the Titration Board.  When you get your supplies and know your start date and the rate at which you wish to reduce your dose, just post here again and Colin will work up a schedule.  I think it's a good idea to give him at least 2 days "head start".  ;)  Here is the description of all the info that needs to be in a request for a titration schedule:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=11093.0

I'm glad the videos help.  A member who used that method quite successfully was kind enough to provide them and I do think they take a lot of the confusion out of the process.  You are going to do great.  :thumbsup:

Oh, it looks much better in writting than it feels in my body .  ANd it has been a much longer process than I describe.  I am tempted some days to just screw it; hunker down in a dark room and wait it out.  But, I have done that once already.    After years on xanax I did a cold turkey and can't believe I ever took anything again.  After years of insomnia I gladly started back on meds.  Hindsight .

jules,

Would you still like a titration taper schedule? Check the link that Beeper provided you and supply us with the info requested.

Thanks! 

Hi Jules,

Just to confirm your dose. You use 0.5mg tablets, take a quarter at night, and an eighth of tablet in the morning. So, a total of 3/8ths of a tablet (0.1875mg). Yes?

No.. I am sorry-  I made a mistake.  Yes to the dosage of the pill , but after I cut the entire pill in 1/4's -  I take one of the 1/4 pieces and cut that once again in half ...and take that as my bedtime dose.    (is that a .125??)  and then take the remaining piece  and cut that into half as my am dose.  

Hi,

I also need a titration rate and a start date (I could make up your schedule now, if you like).

Have you thought about taper rate?

I am not sure about the rate, except it sounds like most people do well with 10%.  ? Before I found the boards, I was making some fairly fast and furious adjustments- I went from 1 pill to one half and waited a couple of weeks, and then split my .25 in half and started taking it in the am and pm .  This did cause a lot of w/d symptoms.. but after a couple of weeks I started dividing the am dose in half. ( where i sit right now)  I have not yet received the 100 ml cylinder in the mail yet, but I do have two syringes- a 5cc and an 0.5 ml.  I also have a 16 ounce glass measuring container with ounce marks.  I had someone email and recommend using a measuring cup and that it is the proportions that matter and that I didn't need the 100 ml cylinder as long as I had a cup with measurements?

Hi Jules,

Colin will take a look at this, but he will be away until Monday.

In the meantime, Colin still needs a start date.  :)

The measuring cup is fine, as long as it has enough increments, at least 20. 

I would like to start the morning of  Friday, April 10, 2009.    yipee

I double checked my math and fractions and I am now down to 0.0625 in the morning and 0.125 in the evening.  At this point I space the two doses out by 12 hours.  I feel quite stable at this dose, but it took a good week to lose the jitters.  .  I think I jumped from 0.125 to 0.0625 pretty abruptly.  Thank you to everyone

Jules-found your titration taper thread finally-see you are getting ready to start-the videos help dont they-if you get a titration schedule from this site-remember-its only a guess-listen to your body-use that as your guide-i was dropping at 7% every two weeks- that works out to a cumulative cut of .150 mg of Klonopin a month-it is a little too agressive-gonna slow it down-i think you'll find that the longer ones been on benzos the tougher time you have-not scientific but just common sense-one piece of advice-its not a race to get off though sometimes i think some people think it is-take it easy and listen to your body-if the symptoms get bad-back off a hair-dont try to cut through bad withdrawl symptoms though i think some people on the site will disagree-they will cut come hell or high water-the idea in my opinion is to taper with the least amount of withdrawl symptoms possible-if you still have to work you dont want to be a basketcase at work while you are withdrawing-hope it goes well-JIM

Hi Jules,

I have the start date: 10th April. But, I also need a taper rate. If you have no real idea, 1% per day is usually a good starting point. If you find that the taper rate is too fast or too slow, we can create a new one to start from whatever dose you are the time, but at a new rate.

I still don't have the details of your cylinder. I understand that you a 16 ounce measuring jug, but this is a large volume to use. It might be more milk than you would like to consume! I need to know the size of the marked divisions on the measuring jug. Are half quarter ounces marked? If not, what can you reasonably eyeball? So long as we can get about 20 increments from the total volume of liquid you use, your jug probably will be fine. So, for example, quarter ounces from a volume of 8 ounces will give 32 divisions of your liquid - this should be more than enough.

I am going out today to buy the container and will let you know asap.  I will trust the advice of 1% a day, and will try to listen to my body and not rush it.  I naturally had the instinct to get off of this asap as soon as I became aware of what it was doing to me... but after a "sprint" I have decided to become the turtle.  Slow and steady wins the race.. not that life is a race, but pure excitement for change and the possibilities of feeling well excited me.      I am also on 300 ml a day of Dilantin (long term for seizure disorder after a brain tumor and craniotomy in 1991) but will continue with that.  My doc doesn't care (at all ) if I go off of the clonzapam as it was prescribed for insomnia, not for seizure control.   

so, i have been scrounging for containers with precise increments and found a possible one today... at a gourmet food store.  it is 60 ml with the increments marked off at 5ml increments/ will that be possible to manage with that type of container?   

so, i have been scrounging for containers with precise increments and found a possible one today... at a gourmet food store.  it is 60 ml with the increments marked off at 5ml increments/ will that be possible to manage with that type of container?   

I got my 100ml cylinder online at sciencestuff.com  :thumbsup:

Hi,

Most of the time, increments as small as 1ml on 100ml cylinder is overkill, for sure. However, a 100ml cylinder with 1ml increments causes no problems and does cover all eventualities. We sometimes have people titrating high dose benzos - for them, potentially being able to divide a tablet into hundredths is very useful.

If you are on a low dose pill, then yes, 5ml increments on 100ml cylinder is probably enough. Still, I'd get the one with 1ml increments if I was you. ;)

i will do that..

quick question.. Last night I missed taking my  dose.  I laid it on my counter, and came back to take it and it was gone.  Years and years of taking it and I never missed a dose (that i know of) I sat and tried to remember if took it, and realized "I must have- its not here"  So, I get up this am.. and plain as day (with the suns help)  it is sitting there, hidden by the granite counter.    Panic sets in.    I ended up taking the 0.125 over a couple of hour period.. I took half of it (my morning dose is 0.060) , and then was afraid of driving this am and feeling lousy so I took the other half of it... Should I just continue tonight with the 0.125 and in the morning go back to the 0.062  and stay at that dose until I get my cylinder?  I have been at this dose for 10 days.

Finally my  ml graduated cylinder arrived. 

Here is what I have been doing for a few nights;

.125 dissolved in 60 ml of water and reduced by 1 ml. ( drawn off with a 1 ml syringe. )

I have only done this for 1 night.

AM

.125 dissolved in 60 ml of water- toss of 30 ml  ( have been at 0.0625 in the am for 10 days )

I have been at .125 in the evening for a month or more.. so Iunderstnad I should stay at the 0.0625 in the morning and start getting down in the eve to the same. ?   

Finally my  ml graduated cylinder arrived.   

Here is what I have been doing for a few nights;

.125 dissolved in 60 ml of water and reduced by 1 ml. ( drawn off with a 1 ml syringe. )

I have only done this for 1 night.

AM

.125 dissolved in 60 ml of water- toss of 30 ml  ( have been at 0.0625 in the am for 10 days )

I have been at .125 in the evening for a month or more.. so Iunderstnad I should stay at the 0.0625 in the morning and start getting down in the eve to the same. ?   

Most people find things go smoother when they keep their doses somewhat evened out like that, jules.  :thumbsup:

thanks,,, i will keep at the .o6 in the am and try get the night dose down too, schedule will help.  not sure what to do now that i have my equipment

thanks,,, i will keep at the .o6 in the am and try get the night dose down too, schedule will help.  not sure what to do now that i have my equipment

I'm not sure when Colin will be back to look at what you are currently doing. I think putting a .125mg pill in 60ml of liquid is a bit of over kill. You may only need to put it into 25ml of liquid and draw off 1ml per day. Colin usually recommends using whole pills in 100ml for better accuracy.