Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today

[...]

Welcome Sammi,

This is a good place to get support. You have done well with your taper. Like Rocket says, just keep moving forward. We will all get well one day.

I too have had a crummy day. So achey and anxious with doubts of ever healing. Decided to go to the beach with my hubby and dog for a few days. I will try to get a better perspective...the ocean helps bring me back to a better state of mind. We WILL heal from this drug...it just takes time.

Hello everyone....much love,

Carita

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I went back up to 2.25 mg, I feel bad about it, but the cut to 1.75 from 4 mg (just a month ago) was just too fast.  So I decided to go back up and I feel much better.  I am going to follow the slow taper from now on.

I would have held out, but last night I received some upsetting news and just felt I needed to get some sleep.  I don't want to take the Phenibut anymore as I hear that you can get hooked on that and have withdrawals.

I just want to go through this once.  At least today I could function, just with a little shaky hands, sweats and some heart palpitations.

It was not as unbearable though.  I was able to tolerate a little time on my treadmill which helped me deal with the stress of above mentioned incident.

My refill is at the post-office, so I am grateful I will have enough medication to start slowly tapering now.

Hello Carita,

Just to let you know, I am so happy for you. Going to the beach for a few days. Enjoy it much with you husband and you dog.

It's will absolutely bring you back to earth. What a view it will be. I live in Houston, beach to far to go to. Plus to much traffic. I lived in Florida a few years back, had the best beaches around, boo hoo, miss that much. Enjoy it well.  :'(

Godspeed to you and family,    :smitten:      :smitten:

Rocket

Hello Aish,

You will be just fine, honestly. Keep with it, and go as slow as you think you need to go. Only you will know when to cut and finish your taper. It might get hard for you sometimes, but just keep strong. And if you need help, the BB are always hear for you. So don't even think about getting distraught, just smile more.    :smitten:

:smitten:

Godspeed to you.          :smitten:          :smitten:

Rocket

Hello Stieve,

sorry for replying late,hope today you're feeling better.actually,i've never focused on how long my w/ds will last  :-\ and so far i haven't had an schedule on how long i should hold when i tape my dose,it all depends on my body.and how much i can tolerate the W/Ds .sometimes it takes weeks for me to feel better again after i make a cut.i held my last cut for 3 months  ??? when my w/ds begin to lessen ,i make another cut,this is my tapering programme..i know a few people would prefer it,but unluckily i'm not kind of person to feel free w/ds after 7 days .

now i'm on my last dosage,and i have pains in my shoulders,spasms,stomach issues..acid reflux is on top,really irritating.i didn't know my last reduction will put me in such a trouble again  ???  but i'm sure it goes by time.

just be positive and never get disappointed ,we'll be healed  :thumbsup:

Best wishes,

Saharsandy

Hello Saharsandy

We are all with you when you make a taper or you last cut. We do know that it can be tough for some BB and for some not at all. But either way, you will be able to beat this little crazy journey of Xanax.  :thumbsup:    Remember to stay close to family and friends, they tend to help us as much as they can. But in all, we need to stay tough ourselves to get threw this.

Believe it or not, very warm baths helped me out very much when I was having a bad day. It takes care of you aches and pains, bad stomach and will relax you a whole lot. Some hot herbal teas, I still drink them every day.

Just focus on your recovery, run straight and never look back at all.    :thumbsup:

Godspeed to you and your family.    :smitten:      :smitten:

Rocket

Hello all,

Today I am feeling better and more hopeful...I had a rough day yesterday but today has been good so far.  ;D

I have taken alotta pressure off of myself...and decided to taper down further instead of jumping from .25mg to 0mg...I think that jump was too much.

Just wanted to say hello and thank you for the support!  :thumbsup:

Hello Sammi

Very happy to see that you are feeling better today.  :thumbsup:  Always remember that everyone is different from the next person. If you need to taper slower, then that is what you need to do. This is not a race to get to the end. It is how you get to the end being healthy and without any discomfort, or minimal discomfort. And it seems you know what you need and do it your way. You will get there, even if it takes longer, you will get there.  :thumbsup:

Godspeed to you.            :smitten:          :smitten:

Rocket

Hello Rocket,

Thank you for suggestions.you've always been so helpful  :smitten:

I feel better today,I have a slight dizziness.can deal with it.

Hi Sammi,

Glad to see you get encouraged.tapering slowly will reduce your w/ds.I don't mean to persuade other BB to have a slow taper.just do what works for you.it takes time but it's worth doing.

Hang in there :thumbsup:

Best wishes,

Saharsandy

Good Morning and Good Evening BB,    :thumbsup:

Hope that everyone is doing much better today.  :).    Just a few words for everyone, keep with your tapers, and move at you own speed. Your body and mind will let you know when to taper.

Everyone will get better, it just takes time after being on the crazy little pill. Time does heal just about everything. So say the the course, always move forward, and you will reap the benefits in the near future.    :thumbsup:

Godspeed to all of you, keep n smiling.      :smitten:                  :smitten:

Rocket

Went to my new Doctor yesterday and was tentatively diagnosed with fibromyalgia. He sent me for blood work and if that comes back normal then it is for sure fibromyalgia. I am pretty upset about the diagnosis but it really does answer a lot of questions and it totally explains a lot as well. My anxiety and depression, the headaches, the muscle aches and it also explains why i did not really experience the symptoms while on the xanax. Can you believe that some doctors prescribe xanax to treat fibromyalgia symptoms?!?! I refuse to take benzos or antidepressants so I have no idea how I am going to get through this  :(  I hope you all are feeling well today.

Hello Sherri,

Hope that you are feeling better after going to the Doctor. Just like to state something to you, if you can, always get a second opinion. Or maybe do some research yourself. But in all this, just about everyone goes threw this at sometime of withdraw. You are not alone. The withdraws can make anyone think crazy, or make you think that you have some kind of disease. But just try to relax, some Doctors make false diagnosis. I have read that may BB on the site always went to the hospital because they thought that they were having a heart attack, or going crazy, kidneys or liver problems. The C/T Scanners told them different.

I guess want I am trying to say is, please don't panic, try to relax. You need to take one step at a time, okay.  :thumbsup:  you will be okay. And you have enough on your plate to deal with right now. Get some good rest and try to eat well. Warm baths help out very much.  :smitten:

Godspeed to you,      :smitten:            :smitten:                :smitten:

Rocket

Hello all,

Today has been a tough day. Rough anxiety symptoms along with lots of physical symptoms, mostly stomach related.

And had to cancel plans with my husband and another couple...was really looking forward to it, but couldnt do it because I still don't physically feel well.  :'(

Had a good cry and feeling a bit better...just have some doubts today...I know this will get better but days like today make it hard to believe that I can come out on the other side...but I so want to.  :-\

Any help or support u can give me today would be appreciated.

Dear Sammi,

Just a note to let you know you are not alone. I am sorry you had to cancel plans...that is so disappointing. I sometimes make a date to see friends when I am feeling up then when the day comes I can not face to go. We just need to give ourselves time...our brains will heal and we will be well again. Facing the symptoms without fear is my biggest challenge...I get wrapped up in a fear state and that makes things so much worse.

Be gentle with yourself today...you are healing.

Carita

Sherri,

Oi81 is so right. He has given you excellent advice. Benzo withdrawal can mimic many things. I have seen many posts by people who were erroneously diagnosed, by their doctors, with MS. When the tests came back negative, the docs were stumped. They just don't know! Be careful!

Hugs to all!

:smitten: :smitten:

Hello Sammi,

Sorry for the late reply to you. Just got busy with a few things and the time flew by. I do hope that you are feeling better today. I understand that there are good days and bad days with your sxs. But try to stay positive with your feelings and your outcome in the future. It does get crazy and our brains try to adjust as time goes by. But, it does take time to heal. And once we are complete of the crazy little pill, our journey to heal is off to a great start.

You will heal, yes, you will heal. Think positive and try to think about how you are going to feel when you are finished with your journey.  :thumbsup:

On your bad days, just stay close with your family,  :). They will keep you going in the right direction for your healing. It seems that the sxs are letting us know that we are healing, and they are part of the process that just about everyone needs to go threw. Going threw this is letting us know that once we go threw this, there is no turning back. We made it back at the top. As we say,never going back, never.  :thumbsup:

You will be just fine today and in the future. Just keep on smile for the future.    :)

Godspeed to you,      :smitten:          :smitten:

Rocket 

Hello Carita,

Hope you are feeling well today. Just keep taking those daily walks and looking at all the beauty that surrounds you. There is much that we need to enjoy during and after our little journey. Stay positive and always think of your great future.  :thumbsup:

Godspeed to you and family,          :smitten:          :smitten:

Rocket

Hello Babyrex,

Just a short note, in hope that you are feeling great today. Looks like you are getting there. Stay the course to your 100% future.  :thumbsup:

Have a wonderful day.

Godspeed to you,            :smitten:            :smitten:

Rocket

I need to vent, can I vent?  I'm going to anyway.  This sucks!!!!!

I've been feeling pretty good the last few months.  Symptoms had subsided to tolerable levels and I was good with them.

This last week some things have revved up.  My anxiety has increased.  Almost everyday and usually after lunch untill I get home from work.  Some other things have been elevated.  Cogfog is back, muscle tension, tremors and agoraphobic type thoughts have returned.  There are other symptoms that have come back that were gone for a few months.

None of these things are as constant as they were during the withdrawals, but they have returned.  They've returned enough to get my attention.  They had my attention all along, but it was the memory of them the last few months, not the reality. 

I'm not prepared to chalk these up to benzo withdrawal, but they feel the same and I hate them.  Because they were gone for a while I know I don't have to live like this.  I know I'll continue on the healing path.  But these things were quickly becoming just bad memories for me.  I was glad to be done with them.  They had become the enemy.  I felt like maybe, just maybe, I'd won the fu***** war.  I'm just going to have to suck it up and deal with them but they are a god***n pain in the ass.

OK, I guess I feel a little better.  I needed to let someone know.  We'll see how things evolve over the next few days.  I'm hoping they slowly fade away.

Sorry folks, I have real emotions about the trouble these drugs have brought us........ :tickedoff:

HI BeauBeau

I dont see anything wrong with coming on here to vent...isn't that one of the things this forum is for???

The cogfog is one of the worst...sorry to hear that you are suffering again. Sounds like u are keeping things in perspective and looking on things positively, like you will get through this.

Posts like yours help me feel better. I am still tapering and withdrawals suck! It's nice to know that they will be a memory one day and even if they come back, it's all part of the healing process.

Stay Strong! :thumbsup:

Thanks for your response Sammy..... :) :)

I've gotten pretty good at lying down and relaxing most of these symptoms away, or at least to tolerable levels.  I guess I'm upset that I have to do this, to do the relaxation and such to alleviate the symptoms.  It's not a waste of time but it does take time, time I'd rather be spending not worrying about benzos and their backwash.

And I'm not always in a position during the week where I can stop what I'm doing to address these revved up symptoms.  But it is what it is......

I'm thinking about stessors, precipitants to the renewal of these symptoms.  It's entirely possible that the Boston stuff got me going early this week.  I find myself very emotional these days.  Crying, then swings of elevated moods over things like patriotism, being proud of this country, happy to be member of this wonderful society, and then tears again.  It's really sappy stuff, but my emotional responses seem very real, almost confusing, certainly new compared to the benzo haze I relaxed my mind in for so many years.

I have gone back into my room twice today to re aquaint my mind with the mental task of relaxing away some of the turmoil I'm having.

In all honesty I'm very lucky to have this option.  When things get stupid bad, at least I know I've got something that works so that I can get back to a more comfortable place.   

Thought I was getting used to my tinnitus. Today it's bugging me. Even had a mild anxiety attack over it. Hope it subsides someday but not counting on it any more. Most other symptoms have been very minor. Guess I'm lucky..

Hello rhafe,

Hope that you are feeling better soon.  I do understand that you have tinnitus, like me. You will get use to it as time goes by. I still have it, and the brain will let you block it out somedays. You will have days that it will be loud, ans days when it will be soft. But it will dissipate in the future.

Keep the good thoughts going!

:thumbsup:

Godspeed to you.      :thumbsup:

Rocket

Hello Beaubeau

Hope that you are dong better today. Very sorry that you are having a bad day. But it will get better soon for you. It's okay to vent. We all do this, it might be on the forum, it might be on the street somewhere. But we all do it to a certain extent. Just hang in the,  :thumbsup:  It will get easier as time foes by. I do know this myself, been there and done that. The sxs still come and go, I get the brain fog every few weeks. It is just crazy when it happens. But for me, I just laugh at myself when I do a foolish thing. I was going to heat up my tea, and I was putting it into the fridge. Just little things like that make me laugh and smile.

What I try to do is make a negative into a positive, so I just laugh and smile  at moments like this. It keeps me sane, :idiot:

But in all of this, try to stay positive threw your withdraw, okay.  You will get better.    :thumbsup:

Godspeed to you,              :thumbsup:

Rocket

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Le...]
    • [mr...]
    • [Oc...]
    • [An...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [jo...]
    • [jo...]