Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Has anyone used Diflucan (fluconazole) while on benzos?

[Ph...]

I know I posted an s.o.s about a yeast infection I have and this yeast infection is resistant to treatment.

The yeast infection occurred as a result of taking antibiotics, and I have symptoms of yeast infection not just vaginally.

I'm sorry if this is a repetitive or redundant post but I just wanted to ask who has used Diflucan while on benzos? If you do not feel comfortable positing publically could you please shoot me a PM?

I'm goin' nuts scared about taking it and tonight I am pretty sure I'm just going to suck it up, and take it, but I just wanted to know if anyone here has taken it while on benzos with no major problems..

I know a member Sandy had a problem with it... but has anyone else...?

Thank you all so much..

Leeandy

Leeandy -

I'm sorry the monistat didn't help. As I remember, I took diflucan many times while on lorazepam and certainly at least once last year.  I didn't notice any problem with it and it cleared up a stubborn infection.

Good luck.  :thumbsup:

Well, I'm gonna take it tonight after my last meal...

I just can't take the infection symptoms anymore!

I'm scared but I'm going to do it anyway...

Well, I'm gonna take it tonight after my last meal...

I just can't take the infection symptoms anymore!

I'm scared but I'm going to do it anyway...

Good luck, Leeandy! Hope it works well for you!

Hey Leeandy,

I just took 2 Fluconazoles in the month of December. I got a bit of a headache, but that might have just been withdrawals from my tapering?? I also took about 5 of them last year while I was in tolerance and didn't have any problems!!

The yeast infection occurred as a result of taking antibiotics, and I have symptoms of yeast infection not just vaginally.

I had symptoms of yeast infection not just vaginally as well. I started taking a probiotic pearl everyday (and still do) and did an elimination diet. Cutting out sugar was a big key because yeast feeds/multiplies from sugar. It can be a hard thing to get rid of, but worth it. Next time you go on an antibiotic, try taking a probiotic pearl while you are on it and for a couple of weeks afterwards. Hope everything clears up for you....

Lori :smitten: