How come GABA does not return to homeostasis even with slow taper?

[...]

Bird

Let's hope the tinnitus is transient. I've had a low grade ringing for the last 4 months. The intensity correlates with my other symptoms. I'm not aware of any really effective treatment. Sound distraction seems to help some.

Bart

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [ih...]

• [Bi...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard it said so many times on this forum.  The best healing often follows the worst s/x  - This afternoon I started feeling really great all on my own without any meds (none).  I'd say its just raw healing taking place.  I am doing good now and the tinnitus let up again.  I am going to enjoy tonight for as long as it lasts.  According to my log my good days are increasing in numbers but my bad spells are worse, or are they??  With slow healing it's so hard to tell since you basically have no point of current reference to compare back too. Well since I am off benzo's now I am hoping the YOYO ride of waves and windows will end.  I'd say I am doing alright, maybe better than ever :)  But tomorrow is another day :-\

Hi Bird,

Well I see what you went through with the c/t.  Its much better than that, isn't it?    I keep hoping a long slow taper will help me get off better.

Thanks inw,

I guess it takes 7 days for all the Valium to leave your body and it's noticeable.  It reminds me of cold turkey only 5000X more manageable at these low levels. Yes tapering works.  I think in the next 2 weeks I will really know how I am going to feel and heal.  At this point the mental side is the worst, worry, worry, worry for the next s/x to come but so far no big surprises, I am just VERY tense.  Time to run it off on my treadmill for the 5th time today. Burning off extra energy is about the only stress relief that works and I have so much extra energy to burn off right now.

Got to run, literally ;)

Bird