Important Survey - Please Participate ×

skin care remedies?? help my whole body is sagging!!

[He...]

hi kris,

okay so the Xtendlife is the right product that has the Phytessence Wakame ingredient in it? i will order some of the body lotion since i need a body lotion. i just ordered another Cosmedix Phytoharmony, to me that product does my skin wonder's...it's truly a saving grace. i also alternate it with that Arcona Overnight Repair Complex and Arcona's Peptide Hydrating Cream which is another saving grace for my skin. now that one is really expensive but worth it especially with all that's going on during this benzo withdrawal that i wish would end by now--it's over 10 months and i am ready for things to really improve.

i also am going to get some Revive moisturizing lotion from ebay. it has the epidermal growth factor in it that stimulate's collagen and it's very hydrating. i also like the TNS Recovery Complex by Skin Medica. i am a cosmetic junkie :) i like changing and alternating skin care.

okay, please let me know how the Restorative Night Cream by Xtendlife does for your skin? very interested!

pretty

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [Kr...]

• [er...]

• [Ho...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst we seem to have some skin care experts in the house, Im wondering if there are any foundations that people can recommend that are moisturising rather than drying!

When I put on make up now it makes me skin look worse. Like crack and peeling. Red with sore blotches. I am currently using Laura Mercier products but they are very drying and leave an unpleasant finish.  :o

hi kris,

okay so the Xtendlife is the right product that has the Phytessence Wakame ingredient in it? i will order some of the body lotion since i need a body lotion. i just ordered another Cosmedix Phytoharmony, to me that product does my skin wonder's...it's truly a saving grace. i also alternate it with that Arcona Overnight Repair Complex and Arcona's Peptide Hydrating Cream which is another saving grace for my skin. now that one is really expensive but worth it especially with all that's going on during this benzo withdrawal that i wish would end by now--it's over 10 months and i am ready for things to really improve.

i also am going to get some Revive moisturizing lotion from ebay. it has the epidermal growth factor in it that stimulate's collagen and it's very hydrating. i also like the TNS Recovery Complex by Skin Medica. i am a cosmetic junkie :) i like changing and alternating skin care.

okay, please let me know how the Restorative Night Cream by Xtendlife does for your skin? very interested!

pretty

Hi pretty,

That is the right one.  I will let report on here how it works for me. I think it's coming from New Zealand so it may take a week or so to get here.

Kris

thanks Kris!

Jiggly, i like the prescriptive's liquid makeup. it seems light and moisturizing ~ and they can blend custom colors too :smitten:

Hey Pretty,

do they stock this in the UK?

That is one thing about buying a foundation. You really need to see the colour in person before you buy.

Jo

x

Hi Jo,

i'm not sure? yes i would think it would be better to actually see the color. you may find it on ebay. the have certain tones for instance they have warm tones, cool tones. so you maybe able to go by that. i like the Laura Mercier products-but if they are too drying right now--then i guess i would search for another one too. i'm not wearing any make up still i am still bed-ridden :sick:

i also like Sunsations Seychelles Ivory Mineral Makeup by Arcona. it is a Breathable foundation with SPF 25 sun protection

it goes on like a powder and it covers very well. it's really nice. that one i will use if i go out.

here is the link if you'd like to read about it. they have different colors as well.

http://www.arcona.com/page/100/PROD/ST01/6600

pretty

Jo ~

sorry, not like a powder, it's a mineral makeup that has the best ingredients and sunscreen in it. i love it. not sure how you would find your shade as they have 7 shades. i always email them. anyway, i think it's the best. it's light on the skin yet it covers so nicely. and not one chemical. Arcona Skin Care is my absolute favorite. she gears it towards people who are chemically sensitive. i've been using all her products for over 15 years. and the products are so effective. the vitamin A, the serums with vitamin C.

right now i am alternating with the peptide hydrating and the overnight repair complex. very expensive and even i don't get my esthetician wholesale discount unless i buy like $3000 worth and i can't do that during the benzo withdrawal because i am still bed ridden :tickedoff:

pretty

• 1 month later...
Well, I'm not sure the Xtendlife product Restorative Night Cream is doing that much. I've actually turned to using olive oil and grape seed oil to moisturize and I find it to make my skin feel a lot better plus it's a whole lot cheaper.  I worry about some of the ingredients in many skin care products.  The US bans only a small number of ingredients and allows ones that are banned by the European Union.  The EU has banned over 1,100 ingredients because of toxic effects.

hi kris,

thanks for the update. right now i am having a difficult time with the way i look and my skin. even though i do love the skin products i am still using--all the ones i mentioned. i don't know what is going on? i did turn a slight corner about 5 days ago for the first time in 11 months and my mother says my looks are "coming back" but i am actually feeling like i don't want to go on because of my age and my looks. i hope that is all withdrawal.

i too worry about ingredients in skin care products and have studied them for over 10 years. i will only use products that do not have any chemcicals, addidtives, dyes, fragrance's, toxin's. i have searched exhaustively for all those kinds of products. though they can get quite pricey i am happy with them and hope to always find more that will be effective and healthy.

there are other products i am looking forward to trying other than the ones i've mentioned on this thread and some are at

Hale's Cosmentics you can google that and have a look through all the products. i feel their Vitamin C and Hylauronic Acid is one of the most pure and clean. they also have good peptide products==very anti-aging. but if you're looking for something that is very moisturizing i feel that "Phytoharmony" skin care by Cosmedix is the best so far. Olive Oil is good too!

pretty

Hi, I have no tips to offer here but just want to  say that I hear you with the aging thing, it seems overnight to me that I have  sagging skin, no muscle tone , bags and circles and thinning hair. I have started yoga, aerobics with weights, but the downward slide continues. Benzos and withdrawal wreak such havoc on our bodies  :'(

Muscle wasting is really worrysome, I am thinking of taking a protein supplement but am so afraid to rev up w/d symptoms. :-\

LG

Hi Lady , I am thinking about  protein suppliment too , but like you afraid  . Erika

I have that too over night  lost all musles  from face and body . Over night .

Yes look like 20 years older . Like if is not enough suffering we live , now body and face gone .

Erika

I use facial products from John Masters at Whole Foods. All toxic free. Went to him when he was cutting hair in NY. I also use almond Shea butter cream. It smells great and is so softening to the skin. Then a body scrub with sugar and natural ingredients used to slough skin and make it smooth.

i love John Master's Organics and have a few of his products. i love the way everything smell.s have some shampoo

and conditioner, lip balm & body lotion's.

hi kris,

thanks for the update. right now i am having a difficult time with the way i look and my skin. even though i do love the skin products i am still using--all the ones i mentioned. i don't know what is going on? i did turn a slight corner about 5 days ago for the first time in 11 months and my mother says my looks are "coming back" but i am actually feeling like i don't want to go on because of my age and my looks. i hope that is all withdrawal.

i too worry about ingredients in skin care products and have studied them for over 10 years. i will only use products that do not have any chemcicals, addidtives, dyes, fragrance's, toxin's. i have searched exhaustively for all those kinds of products. though they can get quite pricey i am happy with them and hope to always find more that will be effective and healthy.

there are other products i am looking forward to trying other than the ones i've mentioned on this thread and some are at

Hale's Cosmentics you can google that and have a look through all the products. i feel their Vitamin C and Hylauronic Acid is one of the most pure and clean. they also have good peptide products==very anti-aging. but if you're looking for something that is very moisturizing i feel that "Phytoharmony" skin care by Cosmedix is the best so far. Olive Oil is good too!

pretty

Hi pretty,

I see they sell Cosmedix Phytoharmony on Amazon - I think I'll try it.  Thanks!  I have also been using a humidifier at night to keep my skin from drying out.

Here's something else to try: http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxseeds-for-sensitive-skin/

Kris

thanks for that link Kris!

yeah, if you try the Phytoharmony, please let me know how you like it. don't worry about that alcohol that's in there i think you mentioned before. it's just a vehicle for tall the ingredients. it's really lovely. i also have been using Revale Illuminating Complex and it's a nice moturizing antioxidant. i've been getting things on ebay.

very cool i bookmarked it and will read it a little later, yes SOD is very good for the skin perhaps the best thing. so is Resveratrol.

Erika

I feel your pain. The same exact thing happened to me. I'm 8 months free from Benzos and my appearance seems to be getting worse and worse. I keep hoping that it will get better and I can go back to the way I looked before, but I'm starting to lose hope. Unfortunately, I think this is it. I got old over night. I look like a mean old women now, and that's at it. :(

• 4 weeks later...
It seems that nearly every skin/facial product revs me up. The only thing I can get away with is Dove bar soap and shampoo, but as you can imagine, my body has gotten used to these products because I've been using them for so long, now my hair gets greasy pretty fast and my face has build up. I'm also having a hard time finding shaving cream, as well. Is there anything someone can recommend? Maybe if I use new products, I'll get revved up first but then my body will get used to it?

This is a difficult one to read for me... I have aged 30 years in the last 5.  I am skin and bone, and very saggy, weird, lined, skin at that.  I have almost no connective tissue or muscle.  I look like Golem.  people are scared of me or can't look at me...I have almost no hair.  after 3months (nearly) I am finally having windows - a glimpse of the future. My appearance has not improved tho'.  When the waves hit it feels endless with sxs like at the beginning of the C/T!  The toll this has taken on my family is horrific.  With a severe family crisis now, I NEED to be ok, functional, hopeful...the pressure and anxiety is making things worse and that makes me less able to do what I need to to support the family member. It is breaking my heart and her hopes. Benzos are a horror that need to be banned forever! If we survive, then I could think of maybe regaining a little of my looks and youth. Now I can only think about survival...Good luck to all of you

Erika

I feel your pain. The same exact thing happened to me. I'm 8 months free from Benzos and my appearance seems to be getting worse and worse. I keep hoping that it will get better and I can go back to the way I looked before, but I'm starting to lose hope. Unfortunately, I think this is it. I got old over night. I look like a mean old women now, and that's at it. :(

NO NO NO Hope

you will not stay like that . Is all stress , and we going to look normal again .

This  Jodi Arias , look at her face now , just bones too , because of stress . Stress affect all muscles too .[i hope she have life in jail ]

Because even people here in BB 20 years old  have the same saggy face and lost muscles , not just over 40 . Everybody .

I always was toned ,  still until 13 months off and every muscle was gone so fast like over night .

I think very , very slowly my face coming back .

But still when I touch my face , missing all muscles . Just bon and skin , but very little  muscles  start show up .

You will not stay like that .

I was working in  hotel , see people under stress , lost all muscles too , then stress was over and their faces fiil up again .

We all cannot stay like that . Is impossible .

We must look back to normal . We all , you too .

We are under stress for a years , not month , for sure we all look like hell .

On this picture I have wig , I never had wrinkle etc , b/c Clonazepam is sodium and make me so puffy , I looked  20 years younger ,.

Then we quit and all sodium is out from body and our body and face drop.

So now we look 20 years older . But this will stabilized < i BELIEVE  and  very slowly we going to look normal .

My  {good ] dr dont' even reconized me [i see him every 6 months , and when I drop muscles he dont' know who Am .

WILL GET BETTER , BELIEVE . My face at 22 months off , just now look little better . And hair started grow just now too . Here Will get better . Love erika :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

This is a difficult one to read for me... I have aged 30 years in the last 5.  I am skin and bone, and very saggy, weird, lined, skin at that.  I have almost no connective tissue or muscle.  I look like Golem.  people are scared of me or can't look at me...I have almost no hair.  after 3months (nearly) I am finally having windows - a glimpse of the future. My appearance has not improved tho'.  When the waves hit it feels endless with sxs like at the beginning of the C/T!  The toll this has taken on my family is horrific.  With a severe family crisis now, I NEED to be ok, functional, hopeful...the pressure and anxiety is making things worse and that makes me less able to do what I need to to support the family member. It is breaking my heart and her hopes. Benzos are a horror that need to be banned forever! If we survive, then I could think of maybe regaining a little of my looks and youth. Now I can only think about survival...Good luck to all of you

I wonder if talking with a benzo-wise doctor would help.  I've been thinking about this for myself.  They should be able to tell you whether your  skin and muscle will get better.  I believe it is reversible since skin thinning from corticosteroids is reversible.

Shaneb-  http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/SHAVING.htm. 

Ladies, I've been using some new products for about 2 weeks now and my face is already loving it, I'll find the link for you all, it's on the pricey side but well worth it!  My skin seems to love the more natural products these days.  For make up I use 100%pure and can really tell a difference, well when I actually feel like smacking war paint on my face.