Important Survey - Please Participate ×

skin care remedies?? help my whole body is sagging!!

[He...]

She has less pricey packages too.  I love, love. love her pit stick!  Ive become so sensitive to smells and chemicals these days that I'm becoming slightly obsessive with natural/organic products but even some of those I have reactions too, lol.  //www.primallifeorganics.com/collections/face-and-body-packages/products/infiniti-and-beyond-primal-face-package

For my hair, castor oil on scalp, apple cider vinegar, biotin, and wheat germ oil.  If you have really dry hair, you'll love the wheat germ oil.  I recently ordered some colostrum shampoo too but haven't tried it yet.  I've noticed a lot of growth with the castor oil and biotin but I do notice the biotin kicks up symptoms and the castor oil gives me a headache, I'm willing to live with that for now if it means hairgrowth!  I did try onion juice on my scalp for a few days and have to tell you I couldn't stand myself and kept getting an odd craving for onion rings, Hahahahaha..  If you can stand it, try it.  Search YouTube for onion juice hair growth.  I scare myself with the things I try these days!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [Kr...]

• [er...]

• [Ho...]

Top Posters In This Topic

i really think the colostrum powder i am taking internally and the shampoo is why my hair is looking so much better than it was.

here is the link again:

i'm loving it :smitten:

http://www.synertekcolostrum.com/index.php/colostrum-benefits/hair-regrowth-shampoo/

except i don't think the owner of the company should be the advertisement, sorry i just don't even though is he totally sweet and very intelligent person. i think they should put some kind of model on that page. but anyway, i think it is working for me.

you know what else is very good for skin and hair is the bone broth soups. the gelatin and broth have so many minerals. i am also going to start some copper internally and spray some on the patch of gray where the brain injury seems to be. i heard that is was a lack of copper that caused gray hair and age spots on the face. so i will let you know how it goes with that.

Surprisingly, my hair is in great shape.  I don't even have any gray and my sister who is 3 years younger than me, has gray hair all over.  Gray hair is certainly not caused by stress as it is often believed. 

It's really my skin I'm worried about.  I'm vegan so I can't try the bone broth.

i am trying some copper on the patch of gray i have. thank God it's dark brown everywhere else and it only seems to be where the brain "injury" is.

i swear i wouldn't know what to do if i didn't have this Phytoharmony moisturizer. it's the only thing that truly helps my skin and i mean instantly. when i put it on my skin instantly plumps up and has a lifting affect. it has DHEA in it so i believe it could be from that and i've just been reading about

progesterone, pregnenolone and DHEA the three youth hormones on this other forum i am on.

i am trying some copper on the patch of gray i have. thank God it's dark brown everywhere else and it only seems to be where the brain "injury" is.

i swear i wouldn't know what to do if i didn't have this Phytoharmony moisturizer. it's the only thing that truly helps my skin and i mean instantly. when i put it on my skin instantly plumps up and has a lifting affect. it has DHEA in it so i believe it could be from that and i've just been reading about

progesterone, pregnenolone and DHEA the three youth hormones on this other forum i am on.

I'm wondering who you buy your Phytoharmony from on Ebay.  I bought Cosmedix Refine from Ebay and it doesn't seem to do much plus it is really runny so I wonder if the seller diluted it.  I'd like to try the Phytoharmony but I think I'll try a different seller.

Thanks,

Kris

I'm wondering who you buy your Phytoharmony from on Ebay.  I bought Cosmedix Refine from Ebay and it doesn't seem to do much plus it is really runny so I wonder if the seller diluted it.  I'd like to try the Phytoharmony but I think I'll try a different seller.

Thanks,

Kris

Kris

i get my phytoharmony from jennys skin care on ebay. i order from her monthly so we have a standing arrangement and she gives me 10% discount. i don't think the Refine should be runny. i haven't tried the Refine, isn't it a Vitamin A treatment?

i often times also use the Cell ID serum from Cosmedix. it's pretty expensive but it has the epidermal growth factor and copper amino acids & Glutathione.

i also use the OPti Crystal eye believe which has Copper Gluconate. anything with copper , spin trap glutathione and DHEA i absolutely love. anything copper for the skin and hair i've been reading about lately. the skin aging and hair graying is from lack of copper. let me know if you have any problem finding jennysskincare on ebay.

take care,

pretty

Thanks,

Kris

Kris

i get my phytoharmony from jennys skin care on ebay. i order from her monthly so we have a standing arrangement and she gives me 10% discount. i don't think the Refine should be runny. i haven't tried the Refine, isn't it a Vitamin A treatment?

i often times also use the Cell ID serum from Cosmedix. it's pretty expensive but it has the epidermal growth factor and copper amino acids & Glutathione.

i also use the OPti Crystal eye believe which has Copper Gluconate. anything with copper , spin trap glutathione and DHEA i absolutely love. anything copper for the skin and hair i've been reading about lately. the skin aging and hair graying is from lack of copper. let me know if you have any problem finding jennysskincare on ebay.

take care,

pretty

Thanks so much for the info pretty; I'll check out those products.

Where have you been reading about copper and skin aging and hair graying?  I know there was a recent report that hair graying is caused by hydrogen peroxide at the hair follicle due to oxidative stress.  Is copper involved in this?  Be careful not to overdo it on the copper as it can also be toxic.  Do you have reason to believe you're deficient in copper other than because of your symptoms?

Take care,

Kris

Thanks,

Kris

Kris

take care,

pretty

Thanks so much for the info pretty; I'll check out those products.

Where have you been reading about copper and skin aging and hair graying?  I know there was a recent report that hair graying is caused by hydrogen peroxide at the hair follicle due to oxidative stress.  Is copper involved in this?  Be careful not to overdo it on the copper as it can also be toxic.  Do you have reason to believe you're deficient in copper other than because of your symptoms?

Take care,

Kris

kris,

i've been doing a lot of research by Ray Peat, Hans Seyle, Constance D Martin, and a few other's all who have a lot of the same idea's about PUFA, thyroid and sex hormones and i have also been on the Ray Peat forum and the copper for gray hair was on there in a quote directly from Ray Peat. he also said that DHEA could help graying of hair but i do know that too much copper can cause toxicity. i am not on any copper supplement as of yet as i still want to have more information about it.

i too heard that graying of hair was also caused by hydrogen peroxide and the catalase enyzme defiency so i want to ask Ray Peat about that but i've been asking him so many other hormone questions i wanted to wait. i really would like to help for that patch of gray that is where the brain injury is to restore to my natural color since i am dark everywhere else and i think it's interesting that i have a patch where this brain injury is.

i mean the brain injury from cold turkey'ing from benzo's. it's bad. and very bad tonight. i have this bad vibration in the left lower corner and i don't know what happened there but i sure felt it "blow out" the 4th day in the detox. it's so bad tonight, i feel like i just did the cold turkey.

anyway, so all those things i did hear about why gray hair happens but Peat does say that copper can restore gray hair but too much copper can cause a mole to form like instantly he said. so i want to see what is what and all i can do. if i have to put on DHEA than i will try that, if i have to use copper that i will try that. i don't wish to color my hair anymore. and i don't really have to because the patch isn't that noticeable but in this benzo withdrawal it is all i see. :sick:

pretty

has anyone used weleda products?

i used their soap  yrs ago, it was great.

weleda makes 3 different kind of moisturizers.

i think severe stress causes gray hair. i also read a zinc deficiency could cause it. i started getting gray hairs at age 34 after a very stressful event.

Ladies...I was in the same boat during klonopin withdrawal...I went from 4mg to 1gm, then took a break, because my body felt like it was falling apart.  I urge you to read the 'Adrenal' post on General Health. During and after tapering, I found my sex hormones, thyroid and adrenals were all messed up. Since finding a good endocrinologist who put me on Armour Thyroid, among other things, my skin cleared up (I got melasma really bad), and I am slowly getting back my energy. I don't use anything on my face anymore, not even moisturizer. It doesn't need it.  My muscle tone is getting a bit better (my testosterone level dropped, estrogen spiked), and I am still dealing with adrenal insufficiency. All the hormones affect skin, muscle etc etc...get your DHEA, T3, T4, ACTH, pregnenolone, progesterone, cortisol, TSH, '3 Day Into Period' test, etc etc...yeah, 10 vials of blood or so...a good endo will do it, and know a good lab...I spent so many $$$$$ on hair stuff, skin stuff...before finding a good endo. He was also very concerned about my hair loss. Our outer changes, and loss of energy are symptoms of inner problems..

Oh, I also want to add hormones affect moods..anxiety, irritability, depression...maybe if we see an endo while tapering, who can monitor any changes, it would help with the wd....My endo was also concerned with my moods...maybe we all don't realize how much these drugs mess up our whole endocrine system. Just a thought from my own experiences. I hope to taper to 0mg once I get my thyroid and adrenals stable. I expect them to get all crazy once I start tapering again.

Ladies...I was in the same boat during klonopin withdrawal...I went from 4mg to 1gm, then took a break, because my body felt like it was falling apart.  I urge you to read the 'Adrenal' post on General Health. During and after tapering, I found my sex hormones, thyroid and adrenals were all messed up. Since finding a good endocrinologist who put me on Armour Thyroid, among other things, my skin cleared up (I got melasma really bad), and I am slowly getting back my energy. I don't use anything on my face anymore, not even moisturizer. It doesn't need it.  My muscle tone is getting a bit better (my testosterone level dropped, estrogen spiked), and I am still dealing with adrenal insufficiency. All the hormones affect skin, muscle etc etc...get your DHEA, T3, T4, ACTH, pregnenolone, progesterone, cortisol, TSH, '3 Day Into Period' test, etc etc...yeah, 10 vials of blood or so...a good endo will do it, and know a good lab...I spent so many $$$$$ on hair stuff, skin stuff...before finding a good endo. He was also very concerned about my hair loss. Our outer changes, and loss of energy are symptoms of inner problems..

i definitely need to find a good endocrinologist. i was think of trying out cymomel or cytomel for thyroid. i heard about armour too. how do you know which one to use for thyroid? i am learning all about the sex hormones on another forum and this diet that is "pro-thyroid". i am loving all that i'm reading about it. he has us taking our own temperature and pulse rates in the morning and throughout the day to check thyroid. but i am so confused about the different thyroid medications and i won't go on a synthroid or any other synthetic. i guess a good endo would know which kind of thyroid i should try.

so you like the armour for thyroid? i think after this benzo withdrawal is done and i balance thyroid, i will feel so good. i think thyroid is key!

Yes..I think during and afer the taper/wd, endocrine support is needed. I weathered the storm of wd, all the physical wd symptoms, but was also plagued by problems that seemed to relate to estrogen levels.. etc (Super Bad PMS, weight gain around midsection and upper thighs, bloat)...which just made things worse. The endo I see suggested compounded thyroid (expensive, but a lot of people like it), Armour thyroid (with Synthroid, due to Armour having low T4 to T3 ratio) and Synthroid/Cytomel (T4 and T3). I tried cytomel, but it gave me heart palps. I went with Armour. Not expensive, and feels gentle to my body. Before tapering, I was on Synthroid only. During taper, I found I need to increase Synthroid. After taper, I realized I needed a good endo, because I felt something was just not right...I was reading a lot about thyroid meds, and searched for an endo who believed in combination therapy (T3 and T4). My testosterone is also low. I tested twice for low testosterone.  I tried prescribed compounded testosterone, but couldn't handle it, blood sugar problems.  Interestingly though...when I tried it...MY ANXIETY would decrease a lot!!!, can you believe it?!..I told my psychiatrist, and he wasn't surprised...He actually said a lot of times mental/emotional problems and endocrine problems are seen together.

It made me wonder if I had endocrine problems for a long time (I also have low adrenal function)...resulting in/or increasing, depression and anxiety...the endo believes so...he doesn't think I should have been on Wellbutrin for as long as I have been on it (20+ years).

Oh well...what's done is done...now all that is left is getting off the stuff...sad though.

This is the best website IMO for thyroid issues: http://nahypothyroidism.org/.  My endocrinologist only tests free T4 and TSH which is not sufficient for proper diagnosis.  Especially given the stress I've been under and the effect benzos have on thyroid hormone uptake into the cells.

I had my hormone levels checked about a month after c/t. Everything was too low...estrogen, progesterone, DHEA, and virtually NO human growth hormone what so ever. My dr gave me hormone replacement but something went wrong and my levels all shot up too high. I stopped everything out of fear. I haven't been checked since then but I doubt I'm anywhere close to normal. I almost don't care to know what they are. I know I'm messed up in virtually every way. My hormones will remain screwed up until I heal from the w/t.

i wish i felt better so i can find a good endocrinologist and a good therapist. i know i need to have my thyroid checked. i wish i understood more about it though. thanks for the link Kris, i will definitely read it. i don't understand the tests free T4 and TSH and all of that?

i do have some blood work ordered and i think this gyno checked T3 T4 free and TSH and not sure what that means?

i am in hell right now, my mother is yelling again in the kitchen and i kinda live off the kitchen. she is insane! this has been going on for one week straight and i am in the worst wave. don't know how i will get through this? not even eating? this is the most abusive abusive abusive person, abusive hell with the benzo w/d and her as well. i simply can't take this! i need to get out of here and i am still bed ridden. i really need a therapist now!

so anyway,  ::) i don't understand all the thyroid business and i wish i did. if i'm going to live here on earth and in this same body--i want to have my thyroid in the best shape. and i don't think that is going to happen while i'm being yelled at nightly.

I am sag all over  :laugh:,  too afraid go for more test ,. my blood is good , but hormones i think all up side up . I believe  in time . Will wait two more months , i will be 2 years off in july , and go from there .

I know I getting better , but looks and muscles  will take longer i think andmy lovely benzo belly .

Last week one morning  i was flat and my body look like before all this mess .

By noon  bigger  again , but little breaks , so i can see how normally my  body look .

So I can see little improvements , but even if go to check my hormones I will refused take any drugs , period . Only if life treatning .

Some days I look so ugly  , just saggy like hell , next day look like  me before .

So I do believe we all going to look pretty again .

Like w/d get less and less tense , our looks from ugly  things we turn to beautiful  swans  again . 

BELIEVE and Hope you too ,  I see this on my very ugly , saggy , next day normal .

Must be hormones or something and all this will come back with time .

Love Erika :D :D :D :D

i wish i felt better so i can find a good endocrinologist and a good therapist. i know i need to have my thyroid checked. i wish i understood more about it though. thanks for the link Kris, i will definitely read it. i don't understand the tests free T4 and TSH and all of that?

i do have some blood work ordered and i think this gyno checked T3 T4 free and TSH and not sure what that means?

i am in hell right now, my mother is yelling again in the kitchen and i kinda live off the kitchen. she is insane! this has been going on for one week straight and i am in the worst wave. don't know how i will get through this? not even eating? this is the most abusive abusive abusive person, abusive hell with the benzo w/d and her as well. i simply can't take this! i need to get out of here and i am still bed ridden. i really need a therapist now!

so anyway,  ::) i don't understand all the thyroid business and i wish i did. if i'm going to live here on earth and in this same body--i want to have my thyroid in the best shape. and i don't think that is going to happen while i'm being yelled at nightly.

Hey Pretty,

One thing I did realize last night is since I changed to Sea Salt I'm not getting any iodine which is very important to the Thyroid, CNS and Brain...I've been doing sea salt for 3 years now and this has just accrued to me.

Molly :smitten:

yes, I tested low iodine also, by one doc, but the endo doesn't think I should mess with it. It can make things worse if you are hypo/hyperthyroid. But I don't think having some in your diet from food is bad..kelp, salt etc...Yes...I waited for the w/d crap to settle a bit before heading out and looking for endocrinologists. I think the hormones go crazy during taper...but at least we are a bit more knowledgeable about what is happening to our bodies, and why we may feel the things we do during the wd, and after. I think klonopin wd has affected my sex hormones, low test., adrenals (low cortisol, low ACTH etc) and thyroid (hypothyroid).  I didn't have any of this before the wd..just mild hypothyroid. Sagging skin...I read several women who reported weight lifting was the only thing that got things going..they had adrenal insufficiency, which causes muscle weakness, fatigue...I used to be athletic, low body fat, cut...now I am saggy also! and too tired to hit the gym, even. One day though...it is a goal..to begin to lift small weights!