Important Survey - Please Participate ×

BamaMama ready for titration schedule.

[Ba...]

Well, guys, the more I think about it, I believe I would like to start my titration on 12-15-08. Unable to find a cylinder or beaker, however I do have a 2 cup measuring cup marked in millilitres, up to 500 in 100 ml increments.  Will that do?  I have a 5 ml medicine dropper.  Is the dropper the most important since that is what I will be making the cuts with, and don't you use the same amount of liquid each time?  Hope so!! I take 3 tablets daily, .5 mg x1 in am and .5 mg x2 in pm.  I hope I have included all the information you need.  As far as the rate goes, the example given of 10% every 2 weeks sounds pretty good.  Please let me know if you need any further information.  I'm just a little nervous that I won't be able to understand the directions due to brain fog!!!!

Thank you so much for your help with this.  I am looking forward to being benzo free, then hopefully, Wellbutrin free  ;D

Hi Bama,

I like your name.  ;D

Colin will take care of this for you. Give him a few days. He'll have it for you well before 12/15. I think the measuring cup should be ok, Droppers aren't very precise. A syringe body is better. You can get one from your pharmacist. 10ml's would be fine.

Don't worry, it's pretty simple once you do it a time or two. We will make sure it's clear for you. Ask any questions anytime!

Linda

PS. I was on Wellbutrin too, and for me, it was very quick and easy to taper from.

ok, I just asked, and what we really recommend is a 100ml container marked in 1ml increments. The size isn't terribly important, but the 1ml increments are better.

Theresa has a link to a site where you can purchase a cylinder. I'm sure she will be by to give it to you.

Or you can do your own search.  :)

Thanks, Eljay.  I would appreciate if someone could hook me up with a link for the cylinder, because I have done much searching to no avail. 

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!! :yippee:

I'll let theresa know.  ;)

Hi BamaMama,

The wesite is sciencestuff.com, I bought a glass and plastic one. I did end up breaking my glass one cleaning it, so it doesn't cost much more to get the plastic one as back up and it wouldn't change the shipping cost.

T2 :smitten:

Theresa, thanks for the post.  I did find a cylinder on Ebay, so that's on the way :)  I also watched the YouTube video, very helpful!  Thanks for all your help :smitten:

Hello everyone - just checking to see if I am still on the list for a titration schedule.  I know I had said I was going to start on the 15th, and there's plenty of time yet.  I can't wait to see what it looks like - maybe it will make it seem more real to me :o  I have had w/d from anti-depressants in the past, but now realize I had tapered way too fast (on the advice of physician, of course)!  I am just telling myself over and over that this is NOT going to be unbearable - am going to immerse myself in positive thoughts and really try to pamper myself, maybe try some massage, etc.  Are there any OTC meds I should try to have on hand for certain side-effects?  I figure Benadryl and Prilosec at the least.  All tips will be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks :)

Hi BamaMama, I had to be very careful what OTC's I took. I tried to take them as infrequently as humanly possible, because I never knew how I would react to them. So lets see,....I took my Previcid(ant-acid), (I think the OTC stuff is about the same) as symptoms got better I took it less and less to zero now! :yippee:  I kept feeling like I had a bad flu so I took Theraflu a few times, until I realized it wasn't the flu but just another symptom. Both of those helped specific symptoms, but seemed to prolong others. Benadryl was NOT GOOD for me, but I think others may have found it useful.

I hope my little experience helps. Everyone is different, but I understand that hearing other's experiences does help, so there ya go! Just be gentle with yourself, and you'll find out what works for you. :thumbsup:

I am just telling myself over and over that this is NOT going to be unbearable - am going to immerse myself in positive thoughts and really try to pamper myself, maybe try some massage, etc.  Are there any OTC meds I should try to have on hand for certain side-effects? 

Positive attitude is #1 in my book to deal with the healing symptoms.  Pampering yourself is a close 2nd :)

Just a side note about the massage....I've had 4 since I've begun my taper and each time I felt great until the next day.  Seemed to rev up the flu like symptoms the most.  I read somewhere (can't remember where) that a massage would help to detox faster.  It wasn't bad enough not to go again, but after this last massage I felt bad enough to decide not to go again. 

I take benadryl and ibuprofen when I am having trouble sleeping. Sleep is a HUGE issue for me.  Everyone is different as WW can't tolerate benadryl.  Whatever you try, be sure you only try one thing at a time so if it affects you adversely you will know what not to take again.  I learned this the hard way :)

Hi,

Here's your schedule: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-bamamama-2008-12-05.html. Please print it off.

Add the following code to your signature in your profile:

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-bamamama-2008-12-05.html][u]My Titration Schedule[/u][/url].

Make up 100ml of liquid each day, using one whole 0.5mg pill, but drink just the amount indicated. Take, in addition to the liquid, the number off pills indicated in the 'tabs' column.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Colin - Thanks so much for the schedule.  Just wondering if anyone out there had started at the same split dosage as me.  Would like some feedback on whether or not to titrate completely off am dose and then start the titrating the pm dose by taking one tab midday?  Would love to hear how some others have handled this.  Can't wait to get started :yippee:  (Did I do the signature line correctly?)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My Titration Schedule.

I don't know of anyone who's titrating like you are doing.  Most seem to dry cut down to 1mg or less and then titrate if they are going to.  Nothing wrong with doing it your way, though.  You could always check the threads on this (Titration Tapers) board and click on the titration schedule links in the signature boxes to see for sure. 

You're on your way!  :thumbsup:

Hi BamaMama,

To have your schedule display in your signature line, go to your profile, then to Forum Profile Information and scroll down to the signature box and paste it in there, then at the bottom click "change profile".

Thanks all!  I am a computer  :idiot:  Maybe when I don't have brain fog anymore..................? :angel:

You did it!!  :yippee: I know too well that brain fog thing!!

T2, I see that you were on the same dose of Klonopin as me, 1.5 mg.  Were you taking it in divided doses?  Again, I take .5 in am and .5x2 in pm.  With my schedule of titrating one tab at a time, I wonder if I start titrating the am dose, if I should start slowly moving one of the pm tabs to midday.  Does that make sense? :-\

T2, I see that you were on the same dose of Klonopin as me, 1.5 mg.  Were you taking it in divided doses?  Again, I take .5 in am and .5x2 in pm.  With my schedule of titrating one tab at a time, I wonder if I start titrating the am dose, if I should start slowly moving one of the pm tabs to midday.  Does that make sense? :-\

Hi BamaMama,

I did taper from 1.50mg but I did take mine 3X/day. I only started my titration when I got down to .25mg and still split up my dosing 3X/day all the way down.  I am not that familiar on how you titrate one pill at a time. Some do only take their klono 2X/day (Lori Lee is one). Are you having w/d symptoms during the day? If not, you may just want to titrate one of the evening doses until you are down to just .50mg two times a day. I'm sure Colin will offer his advice as he is familiar with your situation.

• 2 weeks later...
On the 4th day of titration now.  Surprisingly, the first 2 days were pretty bad - even with just a 2ml cut!  I can remember times that I accidentally skipped doses and did not have any symptoms at all.  I was wondering if anyone else developed w/d symptoms so quickly at such a small amount, and if so, does it get worse or stay about the same?  I know it's different for each individual.  I am going to continue hanging in there and hope it doesn't get too bad.  The acid stomach is the worst! :sick: 

On the 4th day of titration now.  Surprisingly, the first 2 days were pretty bad - even with just a 2ml cut!  I can remember times that I accidentally skipped doses and did not have any symptoms at all.  I was wondering if anyone else developed w/d symptoms so quickly at such a small amount, and if so, does it get worse or stay about the same?  I know it's different for each individual.  I am going to continue hanging in there and hope it doesn't get too bad.  The acid stomach is the worst! :sick: 

Hi BamaMama,

Are you still taking .50mg during the day, .50mg at night along with the .50mg titration of the other pill? You should not notice a 2ml cut?

Yes, I am titrating one of the .5 tabs of my pm dose.  I'm feeling much better today, cut 9mls last night.  Hopefully the first 2 days were just a fluke!! I'm starting on some OTC Prilosec today to help tame the acid. :)  Onward we go!! :boxer:

Yes, I am titrating one of the .5 tabs of my pm dose.  I'm feeling much better today, cut 9mls last night.  Hopefully the first 2 days were just a fluke!! I'm starting on some OTC Prilosec today to help tame the acid. :)  Onward we go!! :boxer:

Hi BamaMama,

Glad to hear you are feeling better today!! I just want to give you a heads up about OTC Prilosec, mal had an adverse reaction to it that caused anxiety. This is not to say you would, just wanted you to know. You might want to ask her about her experience with it. You may want to do some research on it to see how common that reaction is.

Hey BamaMama,

Glad your titration is going better. Just wondering if you had tried Tums or Rolaids? When I get the bad acid indigestion, I pop those instead of something like OTC Prilosec. They help me and I haven't had any bad reaction to them. Wishing you the best with your titration....

Lori :smitten:

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I have been busy with my titration since Dec. 15th.  Taking one .5 mg tab at night and titrating one. Also one .5 mg in am.  So far, so good.  I hit the 50 ml mark tonight and on present schedule should be finished w/1st tab titration first week in Feb.  I was still having really bad acid when I went for routine physical and doc put me on Prilosec 40 and am to have EGD on Friday.  I do have a history of a small hernia and have had trouble w/food getting "stuck" halfway down esophagus - not good when one of your anxiety symptoms is trouble swallowing!!  I will be glad to know what the EGD shows.  The Prilosec has helped tremendously.  The only other w/d symptoms I have had is the occasional "small" brain wave, especially after I lay down at night, but passes very quickly.  I have been tempted to speed up the titration, as am only doing 1 ml and 2 ml cuts on present schedule, but I really do not want to start full blown w/d's!! Has anyone else gone this slowly the whole time - my end date is in September!!  :o  I am very grateful for finding this site and I really feel this is going to be the best thing I could have ever done. :)  I am going to try not to read many of the posts that are having a really hard time (for the time being), because I find myself starting to feel their pain!!  I have had my own terrible, dark moments in the past w/d's from various anti-depressants.  Hopefully, one day, I will feel strong enough to jump in and give encouragement to some others.  Thanks to all out there who are able to do that - I wish I had that support several years ago.  I will continue to check in from time to time and let you know my progress.