Important Survey - Please Participate ×

BamaMama ready for titration schedule.

[Ba...]

Well, I have been busy with my titration since Dec. 15th.  Taking one .5 mg tab at night and titrating one. Also one .5 mg in am.  So far, so good.  I hit the 50 ml mark tonight and on present schedule should be finished w/1st tab titration first week in Feb.  I was still having really bad acid when I went for routine physical and doc put me on Prilosec 40 and am to have EGD on Friday.  I do have a history of a small hernia and have had trouble w/food getting "stuck" halfway down esophagus - not good when one of your anxiety symptoms is trouble swallowing!!  I will be glad to know what the EGD shows.  The Prilosec has helped tremendously.  The only other w/d symptoms I have had is the occasional "small" brain wave, especially after I lay down at night, but passes very quickly.  I have been tempted to speed up the titration, as am only doing 1 ml and 2 ml cuts on present schedule, but I really do not want to start full blown w/d's!! Has anyone else gone this slowly the whole time - my end date is in September!!  :o   I am very grateful for finding this site and I really feel this is going to be the best thing I could have ever done. :)  I am going to try not to read many of the posts that are having a really hard time (for the time being), because I find myself starting to feel their pain!!  I have had my own terrible, dark moments in the past w/d's from various anti-depressants.  Hopefully, one day, I will feel strong enough to jump in and give encouragement to some others.  Thanks to all out there who are able to do that - I wish I had that support several years ago.  I will continue to check in from time to time and let you know my progress.

Hi, BamaMama.  ;D

I peeked at your titration schedule and you are reducing your dose 10% every 14 days.  That's a very reasonable taper but you could speed up a bit if you want to and see how it goes.  However, I am of the "stay with what works" persuasion and you seem to be doing well at this rate.  September isn't really that far away.  Some people take years to get off benzos.  You are doing great.  :thumbsup: