hello to all..i am new

[re...]

Hi, recover08,

It is the combination of both drugs.  Levaquin and benzos attach to the GABA receptors.  You have just got to keep on plugging away to get off the benzo now so your body can heal.  I was on a fluoroquinolone site for 2 months prior to coming over to BB and did alot of research on these antibiotics.  You will never be able to take this class of antibiotics again so make sure you tell your doctor.  only about 2% of the population will have an adverse affect to these antibiotics.  They finally black-boxed it a couple of months ago regarding peripheral neuropathy and tendon ruptures.  Now if they will just black-box it for CNS (centrall nervous system) issues.  Wow, this has been some ride but the good news is that we all heal.  You are doing a good job on this journey.

Patty  xo

I plan on watching everything that goes into my body from now on, this horrible mess has opened my eyes to many things and i will never take levaquin or flagyl or other junk that DRs freely give away to poor patients.

Hi, recover08,

I would also suggest  not taking any ibuprofens or steroids for a good amount of time.  They say that can increase the possibility of tendon ruptures when taken with fluoroquinolones.  I only take Tylenol.  I have quite a bit of mucous, another side effect of Xanax, and would no way take an inhaler or nose spray.  You are doing a great job.

Patty  xo

I bought advil migrane earlier, would you suggest that i don't take that then? and just take tylenol? can i take extra strength or does it have to be regular? how about tylenol pm?

thanks for the support  :thumbsup:

I forgot to mention that i havent had levaquin in 2+ months and not taking any of that or flagyl at all and i will never take them again either... :tickedoff:

Any type of Tylenol is fine.  I would not take the Advil.  I also only ate organic for 6 months.  Dairy and meats have fluoroquinolone antibiotics in them.  I was being extra careful.  I am now back to my old eating routine but think I would feel a little better if I continued with organic foods.  It is expensive, though.

Patty  xo

Thank you for your responses, may i ask what medication do you take if you catch a cold? Although it is not flu season, would getting a flu shot have any bad effects on my body, i am tapering off ativan    .5 .5 .5  a day

thanks  again

Ohhhhhh, I had a flu shot and had a very bad reaction.  I had a temp of 102 and a bad 'wave' for 12 days.  I think my immune system is still out of whack and the flu shot had a terrible effect on it.  You may be different but I sure wish I didn't get the shot.

The only med I take is Tylenol.  I won't put anything else in my body.  I worry about needing an antibiotic somewhere down the line and hopefully whatever illness I get, amoxicillin will work. 

Patty  xo

Ohhhhhh, I had a flu shot and had a very bad reaction.  I had a temp of 102 and a bad 'wave' for 12 days.  I think my immune system is still out of whack and the flu shot had a terrible effect on it.  You may be different but I sure wish I didn't get the shot.

The only med I take is Tylenol.  I won't put anything else in my body.  I worry about needing an antibiotic somewhere down the line and hopefully whatever illness I get, amoxicillin will work. 

Patty  xo

Thank you so much Patty,  I usually get a flu shot around dec but i will pass on this for atleast this year, tylenol sounds good to me and i have read that amoxicilin is not all that bad as a cold medication, bless your heart for typing to me  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi recover08,

Amoxicillin won't work on colds.  So to answer your question about what to take for a cold would be maybe some form of Tylenol cold medicine and see how your system reacts to it.

Patty  xo

I had alot of mucous during and after my withdrawal from Xanax.  It is one of the side effects.  My nose would run nonstop and the cough was horrendous.  Just a thought for you. 

Patty  xo