Disappointed!

[Co...]

Showing power is contacting somebody through PMs and scolding them.  Here in the open forum, we are all on an equal level.  You are being called out by more people then just the team.  You are way out of line on so many levels here and it has nothing to do with the rules of this forum.  It goes way beyond that.  The sad part about your arguments is that you make no valid points at all.  Detox is bad?  Cold turkey is bad?  Tell the forum something they don't know.  Advice can be bad? Well so can no advice at all.  Your feelings are hurt?  You scared the crap out of some kid who only wanted support and acknowledgement.  He didn't tell you or anyone else to go to detox did he?  It's not your story, it's KD's.  Move on already.

Christopher.. Go back to your taper. You bore me.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [KR...]

• [ja...]

• [...]

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me a break. If you guys were receiving SO many complaints about certain members and posts why didn't you contact the members doing it? I mean geez. SOOOO MANY people were complaining as I read it. Wouldn't the admins or Moderators PM them or something?? Make direct contact with the member doing it? I'm sure this didn't happen. Did it. Tell me, what is your protocol when it comes to this? O I know what it is. Its to call the members out on a open public forum like this. To show POWER. Well now you know what happens when you take this route. You can try to sugar coat what happened all you want. The way it all went down is BS. This all could of been handled behind close doors if you would of just contacted the members directly via PM in the first place. Way to go team. 

Rock

We received a large number of complaints about KD's thread. The complaints came from many members, regarding a number of different posts. On top of this, my post to the thread explaining how some of the comments had gone too far, was largely ignored.

My opening post to this thread named no names, and was meant to address the problem in general, and in an open and transparent manner. All members deserve to understand when and how we are addressing an issue that has caused widespread upset, and many others too (not just those that overstepped the bounds of acceptable behaviour in this instance) would benefit by me explaining in more detail what will not be tolerated at this community.

Addressing a problem publicly is always an option - it was the best option this instance. It was you, KRock, that decided to introduce yourself to this thread/discussion by continuing in the same vein that caused some of your posts to be flagged in the first place. I was quite clear about what is expected from members. This relates to longstanding rules and policies, so it should come as no surprise to you.

That's funny. Eljay which is a admin PM'd last night about a different topic. It worked fine. You should of had someone with authority handle it. Someone obviously higher than you.

Yes, that's right. If you choose to block all members from sending you PM's, only Admins can override this block. So, your not-so-veiled hint that pianogirl is lying, is wrong, unwelcome, and unwarranted. JackSparrow has already been made aware that we wish to change the behavior of the forum software in this regard, and he will deal with it at his earliest opportunity. However, for the reasons I have already outlined, I would have still made a public post about this matter.

You (and others) did not respond positively to more subtle comments about what is expected from members: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=53259.msg718391#msg718391. You also ignored KD's own wishes. You don;t have to like how we operate - you are not, after all, coerced into participating here.

Maybe this post, and the linked documents contained within, might help you better understand the nature of this community: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=47175.0.

And for ALL you moderators out there. Members have a choice of how there PM box is set up.

1)Click on profile.

2)Scroll Down to personal messaging

3)Go to the box Receive Personal Messages from

4)Click the setting : Buddies and Administrators Only

This setting says nothing about Buddies, Administrators AND Moderators. It appears as long as members have their accounts set up like this the moderators can not PM or get through. I didn't set it up this way. The owner did. You might want to think about adding the Mods to that setting to reach people in the future. Or they can have one of the admins handle it. But as it stands now moderators are blocked. But again. The mods can always contact the admin and get something handled if need be. That's a fact.

Rock

Again, you are wrong. This is how the forum software operates. There is no option to change this so that Moderators too can override the block.

LOL Go back to my taper? So you are knocking tapering at the same time you are strongly warning against doing a cold turkey?  That's beyond hippocritical.  Maybe you just want acknowledgement for what you went through.  Is that what this is about?  Yeah you did go through hell but it was still your choice to go to detox just like KD's.  None of us told you to go so spare us the childish behavior.   

Taper is over with Krock.  Two months as of today.

Showing power is contacting somebody through PMs and scolding them.  Here in the open forum, we are all on an equal level.  You are being called out by more people then just the team.  You are way out of line on so many levels here and it has nothing to do with the rules of this forum.  It goes way beyond that.  The sad part about your arguments is that you make no valid points at all.  Detox is bad?  Cold turkey is bad?  Tell the forum something they don't know.  Advice can be bad? Well so can no advice at all.  Your feelings are hurt?  You scared the crap out of some kid who only wanted support and acknowledgement.  He didn't tell you or anyone else to go to detox did he?  It's not your story, it's KD's.  Move on already.

Christopher.. Go back to your taper. You bore me.

Enough, KRock.

I suggest that if you cannot control yourself, you take a couple of days off from here. If you continue in this vein, I will suspend you ability to post for a few days.

And for ALL you moderators out there. Members have a choice of how there PM box is set up.

1)Click on profile.

This setting says nothing about Buddies, Administrators AND Moderators. It appears as long as members have their accounts set up like this the moderators can not PM or get through. I didn't set it up this way. The owner did. You might want to think about adding the Mods to that setting to reach people in the future. Or they can have one of the admins handle it. But as it stands now moderators are blocked. But again. The mods can always contact the admin and get something handled if need be. That's a fact.

Rock

Colin.. As I stated above. You or any of your admins can contact a member at any time. If your mods are reporting something to you its not to hard to contact a member. Now is it? Again. You could of handled this differently behind close doors. If you call people out on a open forum expect some backlash. And you did it to others. Not just me. This is a joke really.

Thanks Skyy. Nice avatar picture of you. You shouldnt of changed it back to your old one so fast. Sneaky girl you are. I thought you looked better than that. My bag.

1)Click on profile.

Rock

Colin.. As I stated above. You or any of your admins can contact a member at any time. If your mods are reporting something to you its not to hard to contact a member. Now is it? Again. You could of handled this differently behind close doors. If you call people out on a open forum expect some backlash. And you did it to others. Not just me. This is a joke really.

There was a problem involving several members. My previous comments were largely ignored. KD's requests were ignored. This thread did not mention any of you by name. It is you, KRock, that involved your name by choosing to argue (poorly) within this thread. I have explained my reasons quite clearly. You are, of course, free to not like them. But, this is how BB operates. Either put up with it, and post within the rules and guidelines, or don't post. It is quite simple.

Puffin,Chrisw,Real Deal.

Thank You...Very much .I know how hard it is to go against the Grain..

I think whats being shown here is a Obvious form of BULLYING.. Its completely against Policy and I'm certainly not sure why its allowed.

I see how if One shares in a different Point Of View There may be some Blood Shed. But whats most Discerning is How the others come to rip off the rest of skin you may have left. Its Wild.

I Stand Firm in what KRock has said as I do Myself. We may not have had the perfect approach but we definitely did not go seeking out Attacks. That is in Black and White.

This thread could have been stopped a long time ago. At this point I believe there was a Agenda.

Sky throwing a picture up to say In you face is very childish.. And quiet contradicting to the Supporter in you. How can you say ..hang In there to people and I'm here for you.And then show a side that will be very Mean and Insulting? I'm sure this is a Fair question.

This thread is full of people doing everything against Support and doing everything to Hurt Me,Krock for our Views that don't Compliment YOURS.. I stand Tall will everything I believe in and NO One can Bully me away that.

I have One agenda and One only.. That's to Help Anyone who has to face such Pain and Horrificness in this w/d!!!! Can all of you say the same???

I know one thing ...If im hurting and need someone in My corner I know exactly who it would be!

Good luck

Here comes the "I'm mad and I'm taking my ball home" speech...

Were you apart of this thread that is in question or did you cold turkey or detox? Just curious why you are chiming in to a discussion that did not initially concern you?

Were you apart of this thread that is in question or did you cold turkey or detox? Just curious why you are chiming in to a discussion that did not initially concern you?

Doesn't this thread concern all the members of this forum??? 

Doesn't this thread concern all the members of this forum???

Does that mean they can all chime in and take petty shots at krock? I mean come on...not fair.  That doesn't seem very mature or respectable in my opinion. Which in turn undercuts the seriousness of this discussion. I mean that was like a child hiding behind daddy saying "nanny nanny boo boo".

Colin as long as people come at me. I'm going to fire back. You control this thread. Not me. I'm going to a baseball game. I will check back later to see who I should respond to based on what they said to me. I'm sure your enjoying this. Ttyl

Well this is certainly turning into quite a cluster...Reminds me of the old BW days

I think you will find that there were no moderators at BW. So, quite different. ;)

This is ridiculous and demeaning to this site as a whole. People are not speaking civilly at all. I don't know what the motivation is behind it, but it is beneath us as individuals who are trying to withdraw or recover from a recovery. Many of the statements here are terrible and would be very off-putting to the casual reader trying to find help here.

It's important to consider how ones' words help the specific situation we're all facing, which is getting off of benzodiazepines. I support free speech but much of this qualifies as what I would consider to be abusive in tone.

I'm in a terrible mood. I've been in a terrible mood for a while. But I cannot simply sit here as people lob

blows at one another without purpose. Does it feel good to do that? And if so, why? What does it fulfill for you?

That's a general question for those participating in this thread. As you will note, I am not referring to anyone specifically, nor would I. Personally, I say little these days because I recognize that my negative attitude could be damaging to others and realize that it is not my desire to hurt others at all, especially when they are already hurting. The reality is that anyone can argue with anyone. People can find fault with one another literally over anything. People can ramp their own anger up and create situations where they aren't relevant.

For those who think that benzodiazepines are toxic, I would hope you would realize that anger is just as toxic.

The language here is so inappropriate that I quite literally wouldn't even address it were it spoken in real life. I would think it were toxic and walk away without further thought.

I'm sorry to say anything at all, but this is literally outrageous behavior.

Colin as long as people come at me. I'm going to fire back. You control this thread. Not me. I'm going to a baseball game. I will check back later to see who I should respond to based on what they said to me. I'm sure your enjoying this. Ttyl

Sorry but only you control your own words in this thread. As does everyone else who posts. Everyone needs to take responsibility for their own behavior here. Period. It's no one else's job to "control" this thread but those who are participating in it. I would never absolve myself of blame for what I, myself, had posted, for example. We are not absolved of our responsibility for ourselves simply because we're withdrawing or recovering.

I've made very clear what is expected from members in regard to respecting other members' right to determine their own, informed, healthcare choices. I don't intend to discuss this matter any further. As I wrote before, you don't have to like it, but members are expected to abide by the rules and guidelines. In this respect, we are just the same as every other forum on the Net.

I'll now lock this thread. It seems pointless to let it continue.

[e8...]