Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Need new titration schedule

[de...]

I had to updose to get stable and need a new schedule for 1mg Klonopin.  100ml cylinder.  Start as soon as possible.  1mg pills.  Decrease every 10 days.

How much to you want to decrease, DM? 10% every 10 days or....?

Are you sure you don't want to stay at 1 mg for a week to make sure you are stable? Just asking; it's totally up to you.

10% every 10 days is fine.  I think I should start as soon as possible because I seem to be going the wrong direction.  Thank you.

Just make sure we understand you, is this right?

* You were at .5mg/day = 1/2 of a 1mg pill

* 5 days ago you reinstated to 1mg

How long had you been at .5mg before reinstating, DM?

At five days, the increase in dose of Klonopin (because of it's reasonably long half-life) is probably still building up in your system. Additionally, you are highly unlikely to be fully accustomed to the new dose yet. Maybe you should just make a partial reverse of this increase in dose, and take something like 0.75mg per day? If you can get away with less, it will mean you have less distance to taper off. Whatever you decide to do, you should stabilise your doe for short period before starting your taper. Once you have stabilised your dose, I will draw up a titration schedule for you.

Will try the .75.  I think I am in tachyphylaxis at this point.  Not good going down or up.  What a predicament.  I was perfectly fine just this last June.  Seems years now.